Guild Wars - Sneak Peek I

It’s always favored the people who sink the most time in it. It’s not that.

It’s that some of us woke up a few weeks ago and realized that we’re not new players anymore, but we’re also not end-gamers in the sense that those before us are either.

We’re stuck in a hole with really no way to get out.

@RiverSong if I could give you more then one like I would.
I only need 4 mythics. Took a gamble twice now on the path to glory packs and both times got ones I already owned.

1 Like

What is playing more going to get me? And if it’s not about rewards in a game with half a dozen cumulative currencies, what is it about?

I’m all ears.

1 Like

That’s just plain wrong. Not once but twice?

i think console players get it on 2 month?

@Everyone… This thread has actually been super-productive for myself and the team.

Superficially, it’s quite easy to address the concerns expressed here as “People just want more stuff for less effort”, but I’m glad we all took the time to discuss it (in civil manner too… is this REALLY the internet… wtf?), because it’s actually an issue about creating clearly-achievable paths towards their various goals for players in early end-game or moving towards it.

Be assured this is now firmly on our radar!

38 Likes

Thank you very, very much.

2 Likes

Yeah twice now. Got plague and famine.

I also bought a pack for one of my sons. He owned 1 death and 2 aby. Lol, well he got a third aby. To say we were not impressed is putting it nicely.
3 packs bought and all 3 duplicates.

7 Likes

Thanks for your answers.

I still don’t catch what is benefict to put a “manual” registration. Every guilds will every weeks register if they have nothing to loose…

It means a guild should be ready before the reset. In my guild, we wait for the reset to know the final contributions and deal according to these informations. Maybe the rest day could be the window for guilds to recruit…

I’m looking forward to see how guild war points are given (win versus loose) and how guild are matched :slight_smile: .

Hmm. No offence, but this is really a surprise to me. I’ve been sitting back on this one, not wanting to jump in and get my head bitten off. I honestly believed the intent of the developers was to break the backs of the legacy players by gradually introducing increasingly rare troops at a rate such that no one would be able to accumulate enough resources between introductions to keep up. I believed I was seeing this play out over the last few months as more and more long-term players confessed that their hoards were blown and they were still without this or that mythic. Sooner or later, everyone would have a bad enough run of luck that they’d get Boba’d and resign themselves to the new reality. Personally, I’ve felt incredibly lucky to get as many mythics as I have (currently missing 3 of the 7 available on console), but I’m resigned to never getting Famine, and I don’t think that’s all bad. Any mythic that comes now could be the one that sees the end of my hoard, and that’s fine with me.

Anyway, I’m not advocating anything here, just genuinely surprised that I was reading the situation so wrong.

3 Likes

I think the main reason is so that inactive guilds or guilds that don’t want to play aren’t in the mix. This should make it more rewarding for the guilds that do participate. That’s my guess anyway. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This parody was so much fun that now i’m gonna watch again… XD

1 Like

Looks like that might be the plan?

I take this to mean, among other things, that there need to be ways for everyone to achieve what they want to achieve (like crafting) but not that everyone will be achieving it at the same pace.

5 Likes

Yeah they did a great job with it. :smiley:

I think it’s also about making the achievable-ness of it more visible to players, as sometimes I think people can easily feel lost, particularly in mid-game, when all you’re grinding is traitstones and souls for a minimal increase in power at a time.

3 Likes

No no I get that.

I guess what I mean is they can’t lean too far left or right, because in the end it always ends up alienating some type of player. The 2 people that he specifically addressed happen to be on the other end of things, so I was looking for confirmation.

2 Likes

See I never felt this. Players that are just starting or mid-game now are getting more rewards than they previously ever were/could have. When I was low-level I was looking toward mid-level. When I was mid-level i’m looking toward end-level. If you are low or mid level all you have to worry about is playing the game. Literally spend the time playing and you’ll see results. When you are at high-level/end-game though this is not the case because you need a lot less things. Troops, souls, stones, etc. You have nothing to look forward to, or at least it feels like.

In other words, the excitement has worn off and the tarnish has set in.

So I feel like Sirrian was saying that. Implementing some way for all players from low-level to end-game to get what they need, and of course i’m all for that.

8 Likes

Actually that’s what I was trying to get at, though I admit my example won’t have applied to everyone. The excitement has worn off, because people know how to get the stuff, but it’s just a long slog through stuff they’ve been doing for the past few hundred levels. And variety for them has lessened because they need less. Eg (and this is just an example) you don’t need gold and only need stones? You’ll probably do less PVP and more Explores.

Yeah, I agree. I think I need more coffee before I try to do words good :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes