Guild Wars (Mostly) Explained

Seems like you haven’t been in hoguns for long :slight_smile:

1 Like

i think i can rather confirm that new brackets are decided purely upon guild points, have screen shots of bracket 2 to bracket 8, if someone want to check all of the guilds in to confirm it i can send the screen shots, however for the 4 guilds i did calculate the place it fit with the result so im pretty sure its that way
purely based on the points i foreseen we will be moving two brackets :slight_smile: and we did

It can’t be “purely by points” due to the example I gave above so this is inaccurate. Are you sure your screenshots are accurate? What scores do you have for Black Pearl and Unrepentant for last week?

1 Like

sorry but i must have missed it, what example, cant read entire thread right now no time :frowning:

they are from around last hour before gw got closed
im not 100% sure coz i didnt run a check on every guild, only checked 4 as i was curious where me and friends will end up

please do check properly (sorry missing top brackkets i didnt screen shot them as i wasnt interested in that huge point differeence)

[details=screens]

[/details]

edit:
found your example:

thats very suspicious to me :confused: i would have liked it much more if it was just points especially that first weeek was assigned by system and guilds didnt exactly “earn” their brackets, so keeping an extra advantage just for being picked by system is not my favorite

i actually hold a small grudge for the design that something pre-deternmined by system has such huge influence on the gw rewards, i want our perfomance to be the only influence on the rewards there can be, not the system choice with totally unclear criteria, but here those unclear criteria not only decided first week rewards but now we may find out they further hold the outcomes for future rewards making bracket changes more tied to those system chosen criteria? its so unfair

if the week before guild wars had so much influence on whole gw system they should have told us exact formula how it gonna be calculated. so we could run our pre-gw battle for the first week rewards and the consequences after it

i thought we will jsut “bear” the first week grace period and move on but now i hear that unfairness continues towards following weeks, im just mad :sweat_smile::rage:

maybe by a miracle there has been some missunderstanding in your points calculation or something and the system is less unfair then it seems right now

I cannot ATTACK. Checking on 2 consoles :frowning:

Do troops need to be unique to get the bonus? (eg. if I had a team of 4 copies of 1 troop that used green and I won would I get the same points a team with 4 different troops that used green would get?

I don’t think you get points for winning a defense, as for why each war has it’s own defense team: so you can customize your defense toward that color.

Eg. on the blue war day you might want to put someone like Amira (who’s spell does double damage to an enemy if they use blue mana) into your defense team.

1 Like

They don’t need to be unique to get the color bonus in GW. 4 Identical green troops would get the same color bonus as 4 unique green troops.

Thanks, Multiple Courage’s for the red war it is :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to make this great guide to “Guild Wars” @MakoSipper
This will be a pinned message in my Discord Server for my mew players, I hope this is ok…

Play Nice,
Baby Firefly

Just FYI… Mako no longer plays the game.

(I’m sure he wouldn’t mind you posting this in your Discord server though.)

1 Like

Ok thanks @Ashasekayi , much appreciated

Play Nice,
Baby Firefly

1 Like