Gems of War is coming to the Switch!

Still waiting for a PS Vita Version :grin:

1 Like

That would be an interesting fun fact to get an answer on.
@Saltypatra, what’s the oldest video game system that GoW could run on?

My guess is the Sega Dreamcast. Matches would just take forever to load thanks to 56k dial up internet. (Which is still fast in Australia. :wink:)

1 Like

just a silly and really confused though maybe be … but does that meaning " more children" ?

Congrats guys. I know releasing to a new platform takes a lot of work. Hopefully this brings Gems of War to a whole new audience!

2 Likes

I’m predicting it releases tomorrow since Nintendo has a nindies broadcast happening then.

In addition it will launch with 4.3 so I expect 4.3 very soon.

2 Likes

I tried to ask about that 2 months ago.
I guess 60 days wasn’t long enough to respond.
Or maybe questions can only be answered during streams. 🤷

We weren’t allowed to say anything regarding coming to switch, which is why we dodged the question so much. :stuck_out_tongue: Our hands were tied, and I’ve been wanting to announce this for so long!!!

We can’t give the firm release date yet, but Gems of War can be seen on the store today, even though it can’t be downloaded just yet.

Upon the time of release, Switch and PC/Mobile won’t have crossplay. This is due to similar limitations we face with other consoles.

I can say that we don’t have any plans to come to the PSVita.

7 Likes

I know this is completely out of yours and IP2’s hands.
I just simply don’t see the difference between Amazon Kindle and Nintendo Switch. Other than the Switch advertising itself as a console. Even though it’s literally a mobile platform not much different than Android Based Tablets.

Yes, but it isn’t normally the form of the device that has limitations, it’s typically the companies making them and their own developer policies.

3 Likes

Well, I’m 100% sure it’s not IP2…90% sure it’s not Nintendo… So that only leaves the middle man. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Unfortunately, I can’t think of any 505 game that allows for cross play.
Maybe Neverwinter Nights?
If cross play is possible (one day). I hope people are warned prior to starting accounts (paid accounts) all over again on the Switch.
I kinda wish PC/mobile weren’t cross play and instead Switch/Mobile were.
I suppose mobile can be hacked.
But most hackers definitely play on PC.
And trying to hack the Switch (like other consoles) is a fast way to brick their devices.

Congratulations Gems of War. You made it on to Nintendo!!! Jajahahahaawesome :hAppYdAncE:

1 Like

So sad, the Vita never had a fair life :sob:

2 Likes

Probably why it never got the “lity”.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be so fast to assume Nintendo is A-OK with cross-play. The only games I know for sure allow it on Switch are Minecraft and Fortnite. They are giants, and they don’t release on a system without cross-play.

GoW doesn’t get to make demands the way Minecraft and Fortnite do, and Nintendo has historically been so uptight with their dev agreements I would believe it if they claimed they could crush diamonds with their buttcheeks.

Outside of actually acquiring an SDK I don’t think either of us will know for sure, and odds are that facet of the developer agreement is under NDA anyway.

A quick Google search brought up 15 Switch games that allow for cross-play. Many of them Indies or games I’ve never heard of. 🤷
Fortnite was for sure on PS4 way before they allowed cross play beta testing.

Finally! Now the next thing is making everything cross platform. Because it’s the future now. Cross platform. People want cross platform

1 Like

Questions:

• Will this throw all the QoL improvemente we STILL NEED under the literal speeding bus?

(When we asked for a rework on the Shop, for example, we weren’t asking to have a limit of 10 Event Keys per week to avoid carpal tunnel damage on our hands…)

• How much more trouble will the develop team have on their hands to keep juggling around instead of ACTUALLY working on fixes and improvementes that ARE relevant unlike chat emoticons?

Please, tell me you guys have a solid plan for the upcoming months/years and that said plans didn’t came from someone who studied planning here:
ollege

2 Likes

Besides the old weapons issue.
What else needs to be fixed?

• 32 million Nintendo Switch’s have been sold.
  • Gems of War will be one of maybe 10 games on the Nintendo Switch that are free to play.
  • Since the Switch is coded as a Mobile Platform. I imagine it was relatively easy to Port. (Not that time consuming)
  • With the Switch being touch screen and controller based. I would prefer playing on the Switch as most people would. (if we could use our existing accounts on it.)

Chat needed to be fixed. The emoji things will draw a lot of criticism. But again… Not time consuming.
The opposite actually. The changes will stream line player Reports. I bet half the tickets the devs deal with each day are about other players.
And we just got a QoL update 2 months ago.
Every update can’t be a new game mode.
This isn’t just to you Razz. But to anyone coming at the devs about the “chat update”.

1 Like

Lol thanks, bro!

1 Like

The chat update/fix to become reliable as a communication method have my full support, i can’t find right now, but when people were really pissed off about the chat and defending that it should be extinguished i was among the ones who defended it for logical reasons related to the player’s experience. The emotes, while nice and cute, should be far below the list of priorities when we still lack:

• Shop rework as me and others metioned/requested months ago.
  • Weapons acquisition as you mentioned and other have been requesting.
  • Weapons and Upgrades reworks which sort of falls under the balance issues for Kingdoms and Troops.
  • Troops/Kingdoms balance that are far behind any acceptable measure. Specially for some recent Factions that can only be considered good designs if the devs were aiming for mediocrity…
  • Ingame economy issues that are not being planned or addressed. The devs are simply capping the content/items we can acquire. What next? A limit on Glory Keys and Traitstones acquired via Troop packs?

There are quite a few things that are not exactly gamebreaking, but also creates a poor experience for players in all level ranges from beginners to veterans. Things that are still being juggled month after month, year after year and so on…

I fear, there is no better word for it honestly, that the devs are aiming too high by investing into another plataform when, in my opinion, they still have a lot on their hands with just two. They are still unable, or unwilling, to devote proper time to address things that are very basic…

1 Like