Game Quality Improvement: Abilities that affect gems on the board should be shaking or be highlighted prior to casting

Understandable when Devs are forgetting mobile is a thing (as shown by lack of testing on said platforms, and from the size of downloads the expect the player base so cope with).

1 Like

I am playing on a PC/Steam. As for the rest of the platforms, I do not know how they are handled.

In any case, I am sure that there is some viable solution that can be implemented or be improved upon, perhaps some additional option to check in the game options.

@Sytro
I posted this as a solution to OPā€™s suggestion, not the way it currently is. :wink:

And to clarify on the mobile side of the solution - if you tap gem just as you do right now, nothing will change in the behavior the game reacts currently. But if you hold your thumb on a gem itā€™ll provide an outline to the gems affected. When you release your thumb it takes effect just like tapping the gem.

And yes, an in-game option to turn the feature off would be as helpful as the puzzle-hint we already have.

1 Like

Not good enough, you wonā€™t see half of the board since your finger is on the screen.
I think the hold and release is much slower than a double tap, and still would there be the problem that you canā€™t change the center.
IMO the only solution for mobile or any touch screen if these kind of spells would offer a select phase and would cast only on second tap or after any other kind of confirmation.

2 Likes

1/2 the people are against hold to show
1/2 the people are against tap to show

Middle of the road thenā€¦

Single tap: Instantly casts, like it does now.
Longpress: Show preview and activate slow-cast. Single tap moves gem selection. Double tap gem to cast. Or tap button below the board to cast, I donā€™t care.

dont get me wrong, whether itā€™s tap or hold, unless thereā€™s an option to switch it off iā€™m against itā€¦

1 Like

You found the worst solution!
Need a long press to activate the select and a double tap to cast.
No long presses please, it is clumsy on all UIs.