Frozen prevents looping, unfair nerfs make only people quit

I don’t think I was there for that. :thinking:

But it’s not the only option. It’s an option.

2 Likes

Neither was I – but she used to only explode gems (plus the Extra Turn), her random stat boost was added later. (corrected; apparently she did BOTH, not either one)

Since Fizzbang got mentioned — remember she got nerfed super FAST, less than 2 weeks after her release if i recall. She was obviously on a different level and the response was swift.

They didn’t make 6 copies of her and then do it a year and a half later… that muddies the water a bit. Looks like a feature, working as intended.

As for what do you do when your counter is itself already countered? At least one design decision where that was also a feature, not a bug for new mythic—the case of Fallen Valdis as the counter to divine meta vs. Voice of Orpheus …

But divines got nerfed too. I liked Kafka proposed using Kerberos in journey, another contentious nerf of long ago.

1 Like

I was there for that time. And I appreciated that time since they used to pay attention to their game and adjust troops accordingly. Reasonable changes too.

her random stat boost wasn’t added later, her random stat boost is what made her busted.

6 Likes

False—she used to do both (no OR in the spell) and it was amazing . Could build her as a team of 1 and solo stuff.

Edit @TheIdleOne beat me to it

2 Likes

Sigh. This again. I know that you know “you can also” does not mean the same as “the only way to (insert) is”, and it’s really not a gotcha moment.

This is just one of many ways to deal with them, and the same applies to any other annoying opponent, many of which are far worse than journey teams. Another (NOT THE ONLY) way to deal with them is to avoid them altogether, by picking a different opponent.

Do you guys really struggle that much with journey teams specifically or do you just hate that low level players use them?

Anyway, a better solution to the current one would have been to just ditch Journey altogether or limit it to max 2 a year and make the troops only available during the event, as in not from chests etc afterwards. When I started playing, a year + coupla months ago, I had to wait ages for a journey event, which was eventually Todd. Then there was nothing for ages, and then 3 in quick succession, now they are nerfed and people legit think this is a good thing, as opposed to sloppy game design and a middle finger to people who paid for shiny stuff. And no, I’m not one of those people. I also rarely use journey troops as I have better options. I do use them sometimes, though, or rather did and was glad they were an option, especially back when I had only crappy troops.

4 Likes

journey troops made it possible for casual players to accomplish things
not all of us can grind all the time and now have a harder time competing with those who do
no player that spends 8-12 hours a day on the game or is a high level vip is complaining
almost every other player is
chat is unusable because of the abusive way that the veteran players are treating newer players who complain
I’ve been forced to block several vets in chat because I simply don’t want to hear again that players need to shut up and get zuul, charteresque, diamantina, etc
journey troops made the game enjoyable for casual newer players
the nerfing of them simply makes the haves more annoying to the have nots
it has made pet rescue, pvp, the dungeon, higher level explore, and delves far more difficult and will frustrate many
I’m level 934 and it affects me so someone who is level 200 or under who last week could win at things but now gets beaten regularly is going to quit
they’re not going to grind
they’re not going to buy offers
they’re going to leave
imo

7 Likes

Well, yes and no, to both of them. If I see an opposing Pathfinder in the enemy team I know it must be my priority target to take out, by any means possible, and maybe half the time I actually can do that before it has full mana.

All bets are off if it gets that first cast, though. Even if it’s not strictly dangerous, it’s still very much annoying, an inconvenience on player time (the ultimately most valuable resource) to be able to do literally nothing but wait for its turn to finish … eventually.

And this annoyance factor isn’t limited to Pathfinders strictly, but infinite looping in general. I could swear I’ve seen Detect-o-Bot cast for literal minutes on end (at 4x speed) before the RNG finally makes it self-destruct (though obviously I have not been monitoring this specifically).

Though for the OP, I almost wish we got an Insulated Pathfinder just to put a nice single digit to their headline argument…

I roll eyes at EVERY team strategy based around a Mythic troop. If you’re going to recommend something for a newer player, at least TRY to meet them where they’re at and give ideas that are easy to put together.

3 Likes

I think everyone hates getting locked in a battle with a looping team, journey, goblin or otherwise. However, if it’s in pvp, you can just quit the battle. Players who can’t accept ever losing in PvP and don’t have a failsafe method to win against certain set-ups, are best advised to just avoid them.

Losing is a lot more annoying in situations where you have limited attempts, and/or where the battles have taken a horrendous amount of time. It’s baffling to me devs would target pathfinders due to pvp specifically, when the entire game is littered with much more annoying stuff, lmao. Sure, it may take a while for them to get done with their looping, but even if youn wait for the AI to slowly kill you, you can do as much pvp as you want. If you lose in a delve, you have two more tries at most. If you lose in a trial, it could potentially have taken over an hour to get there, if you lose in a guild event, you also have limited tries - I’m looking at you, current event specifically, etc. And by nerfing journey troops, most of those things will happen more to new players in particular, so troops that are the most helpful to them get nerfed to make the game mode that’s least relevant to them, less annoying. Also: Vupacea trial without Todd looping = everyone gets lycanthropied.

I am supremely unconvinced.

3 Likes

please stop spamming with this, you have started a thread… just for transparency i have flagged this as spam

2 Likes

Oh another thing I just thought of. Maybe new players quit due to pvp because they don’t know how to get out of the PvP interface. :rofl:

5 Likes

Guess what happened? Another player left (not only the guild but the game) after we finished the journey event. It’s just too much of a hassle. Players get less miles with higher buy ins and on top it takes longer to finish …

3 Likes