[NOT FIXED IN 6.0] (sometimes) No extra turn when special gems are matched in 5 match

Platform, device version and operating system:: Happened while I was able to record on Steam, I’m fairly sure I’ve had it happen on mobile as well but not while I was able to record

Screenshot or image:

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Before 5.7 if you matched a doom skull in a 4- or 5-match with other skulls you would get an extra turn. Now you do sometimes, but not always.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Maybe only with the “T” shape and the doomskull being at the intersection; might also require another skull touching but not in-line. Still trying to reproduce exactly the same situation.

Steps to make it happen again
Match doomed skull with regular skulls in a T 5-match. No troops frozen. No extra turn.
(Third-edit… See zRrr’s many examples below of positive and negative results.)

edit: Notice also, Bloodthirsty did not trigger. Hero should be enraged after 4-match, and is not.

2nd edit: I’m pretty sure this is being processed as two 3-matches. In slow-mo you can see one of the frames shows 102 and 153 damage. That’s 97+5 from doomskull in one 3-match, and 153 damage is 97*1.5 from enrage, plus 5 from doomskull, plus 3 extra from adjacent skulls maybe. (then there must be some rounding, since 254 damage was done, but 102+153 = 253… but enrage is 1.5x so you get a spare 0.5 damage that was not displayed)

10 Likes

ok, this is a weird one. I’ve taken a skull converter team out for a ride to see if I could reproduce this with converted skulls, and I haven’t seen the same bug appear, so I’m not 100% sure I have the root cause identified… but something is definitely screwy in the video. Maybe a different bug.

I’m pretty sure I’ve encountered this bug in the arena.

1 Like

I think so too, your Zuul gains 2x5 stat points when the match is made

1 Like

Matches made with conversion work fine (but maybe not tested enough). L and T matches made by moving gem manually are treated as separate 3-matches (but sometimes as single 5-match)

Few examples

Sometimes it works:
Single 130 hit + 1 from exploded skull. Banishment procs:

193 hit + 1 skull, banishment.

Most times it does not:

Does damage two times (76 and 26):

96 and 4:

182 and 187 damage, razor armor worked for both matches

122 damage twice

L-shaped 142 and 147

4 Likes

these examples are great. In the first few where it didn’t proc as an extra turn, there were extra adjacent skulls the same as my example. But in some of your later ones, there are no other skulls nearby, so that’s clearly not the (only) cause of this bug.

I’ve encountered this bug twice today in explore

1 Like

yep, had the same today in explore

1 Like

If I remember well, this bug was fixed a long time ago. However, from my experience, this bug was brought back to the game with the update around July 25. It just happened randomly everywhere (not only doomskull matches, but could be gems, skulls, etc). I have encountered this in Arena and explore (not yet in GW, fortunately :upside_down_face:) many times since then.

1 Like

Finally! I started to think I am nuts and hallucinating.

Other strange bug I observed lately, sometimes it looks like the dmg is somehow absorbed, other times skull dmg does more than it should. I suspect these are related somehow.

4 Likes

I thought this was a big call for Salty/the dev team to make, at the time! I wanted to ask for details, but knew that seemed unlikely :stuck_out_tongue:.

I remember this particular bug being fixed a while ago, as well. I haven’t been playing heaps, so it’s perhaps not too surprising that I haven’t particularly noticed it, but I definitely did feel like what Tibo described happened to me, about damage potentially being absorbed, or potentially multiple matches only counting as fewer or one match/instance of damage :thinking:

@OminousGMan or @Jeto just wanted to make sure this didn’t fall off the radar; saw a number of weekend bug reports get touched, but this was left behind… this is a serious game-breaking bug that would be really nice to have addressed before guildwars?

2 Likes

Hey everyone!

Thanks for bring this to our attention, I’ve tested this on our end and have reproduced this bug. This has been reported to the Dev Team :slight_smile:

Thanks again!

OminousGMan - Support Human :male_detective:

10 Likes

Do we have an update on this?

This kind of bug could really screw up Guild Wars.

Would also like to note that in PvP the same four match of skulls didn’t trigger cleanse when using classes that have the purification talent.

I encountered this bug often (Ranked PvP).
No one in my team is frozen and after a 4 or 5 gems match i lost my turn.
Happen with normal colors and also with skulls

Please fix this . Is the CORE business (mechanics) of the game dang…

3 Likes

Is there any update on this issue? We have guild wars next week. If the bug isn’t fixed, it will be awful.

I’m reasonably sure i just saw this bug with an L 5-match with green gems and a potion. Might not be limited to skulls and doomskulls. I was on mobile so no recording.

1 Like

Yes, this happened to me too.

2 Likes

It’s a client side issue, so maybe with the next update around December?

1 Like