[Fixed] Heart of Rage Troop collected

@Fourdottwoone
that would be giving those players unfair advantage :stuck_out_tongue:
getting crafting materials for a mythic instead of a second copy i dont want?
i’ll always go for such offer…

what i’m suggesting is replacing a troop for another troops that would be obtainable in same manner, and that would give similiar advantage to players (like getting Urskaya Power Level 10)

Way to “fix” an issue…
I honestly expected the mythic to appear in soulforge midway through the campaign before glory/gem/vip keys.
Way to go devs. Way to really meet expectations.

2 Likes

They would be getting a slightly better deal. It’s a very common support approach, you throw in a little extra to make up for all the hassle your error has caused. In this case the extra would be a free choice replacement of equal value, without generating manual support effort in regards to which replacement exactly to hand out.

7 Likes

Lets not forget the fact that they wont get the mythic instantly. They need to wait for it to appear in the soul forge.
Having the ability to get any mythic, but having to wait up to 13 weeks for one, instead of having a random potential dup mythic immediately isn’t too bad a trade off.

There is a saying. “A penny saved is a penny earned”.
Which is true… unless saving a penny results in you losing customers for “stingyness”.
Unfortunately, i’m not able to say the revised saying, as it breaks the forum rules.

3 Likes

Why are no more answers here?? It clearly stating out that a mistake was made! And now you all crawling in a hole like it never happened?

It’s 1 am in the morning for the devs.

1 Like

Fair enough…so let’s wait if they come back

The correct answer would be to give those people a mythic they are missing OR a copy of Kurandara when it releases to chests. The latter is not a new concept. This was done with a last-minute delay on a faction last year. The former is the least fair way to do it, but a prize of equal value.

2 VIP keys is a joke. 4 traitstones and a few thousand gold doesn’t compare to the keys spent or the prize won.

4 Likes

It’s past noon now: what’s the current excuse?
:thinking: :stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

2 Likes

They are thinking before they speak.

4 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to write on bug reports, but this really is ridiculous.

It’s only 100 people. 100 “free” mythics (which WEREN’T free, because the players spent resources that DID roll them A mythic) doesn’t hurt the bottom line AND buys goodwill with the community.

No one is saying “Give the Kurandaras back.”

What we’re ALL saying is: give these players a mythic, because all the people who rolled Gaard’s Avatar, Aquaticus, or any other mythic within an hour of reset got to keep said mythics, and there is no justification for punishing players who got Kurandara rolled instead of The Possessed King by saying, “No mythic for you!”

Full disclosure: not personally affected, but a member of my guild family was, and he is pretty bummed. He spends keys as he gets them, and had hoped when he got Kurandara that it would be replaced with a different, valid mythic. Not the keys he got, which gave only some traitstones and gold.

9 Likes

Have you heard the phrase penny wise and pound foolish? This is exactly what this compensation is. The folks this happened to are likely not end gamers because most have everything. They are probably folks missing several mythics and got one that was not supposed to be in drop chests through no fault of their own. They did not use a key most likely. They used lots of keys and got very lucky. Giving them a key and taking the mythic away is terrible especially when you are wanting folks to cough up $10 or $25 every campaign. Doing better toward those folks would go a long way toward good will. It would likely be returned in spades. I think letting them craft a random mythic and an apology that they could not keep the mythic they pulled would be a great start. A key is just terrible IMHO.

2 Likes

For those who didn’t watch the stream or see this new post in the other thread, there’s additional compensation:

6 Likes

I think that’s awesome news.

1 Like

I’m glad anyone that pulled Kurandara got a replacement

1 Like

Can you confirm he got a new mythic?

okay, I had a good chuckle.

• Heart of Rage
  • Wrath

haha. well played.

6 Likes

Yes, can confirm. He got War (which, incidentally, he didn’t already own, so that’s sorta nice despite it not helping Kingdom Power)

Seems it isn’t a random mythic. It was War for everyone probably looking at the screenshot above to get the reference

@Sipalman I checked to make sure it was random after seeing your post. 3 players were affected by the mythic. 1 got War, 1 got Arachnaean Weaver and 1 got Tina-9000 if I recall correctly.

6 Likes