Failure Analysis: Deep Delves

I believe doing 3 delve runs the standard way is more beneficiary IMO. I did the Deep delve for the achievement and I will never do it again under these rewards.

1 Like

Depending on what you want. If you need more shards, gold, and other resources, 3 CoT farming will definitely be better, and faster too. But if you only want shards, and your renown is already maxed, why even farm at all? Just Tuesday and Weekend event will earn you enough.

So in that way, only players with max renown is able to afford Deep Delve, to get rare Gnome loot, which CoT farming can’t give.

I don’t think it’s a good idea at all to waste daily Scroll on Deep Delve, if there is still a renown to gain. You better try more pure run, or farm CoT for more shards, thus more Treasure to increase your hoard, and your chance to win pure run.

So in a way, Deep Delve a high-end gamer content, which make it disappointing that only a Single Gnome is all you can get. Reward and start-up multiplier are barely worth it.

But as I told before, I still do Delve Deep everyday, as It’s better than waste 3 daily scrolls, and 10K gold is not that high.

While I agree with most your post, I don’t get this part at all. The developers know Deep Delve in the current form doesn’t work in event, so they didn’t even consider implementing it, and now it’s their fault?

For ideal faction with exact 200 Event Rating, full clear all the way from 20-500 will give you 2,548,000 point, while Deep Deep skipping from 20-40-60-…-500 will give you 1,300,000 point. Almost half like you said. And that doesn’t even consider less Valravens drop, and they only drop around every 30 rooms cleared, no matter the level.

So in term of point, it doesn’t work at all. But using Faction Event to gain full renown is never about the point, isn’t it? Double Sigils to skip over would take a lot less time, at possibly the cost of more Gems spent, but for how time-consuming it can be, I think a lot of players might consider doing that.

And in Underworld, Deep Delve skip to reach 500 with less run is perfect. Still able to climb 30 level higher everyday without spending anything, while only do 2 runs. Less reward, but does that really matter?

So current implement of just randomly switching between 2 maps in the event is good enough. Good way to include new map without the issue of Deep Delve. So Deep Delve can be improve more without considering the event at all.

1 Like

It’s an attempt to find anything useful at all in Deep Delves, for any player. If Deep Delves would at least bring something to the table for Delve events then Deep Delves would have a niche to live in. The fault isn’t failing to consider implementing this specifically, it’s failing to consider implementing anything in general that would give Deep Delves a purpose.

5 Likes

It would be nice if you did a Deeper Delve and was able to turn off the potions effects and hoard / kingdom stats but keep the chest level increase. Then increase the loot in some way.

Y’know, I had a similar idea just today – the real difference between a player’s level isn’t their Hero XP or Troop collection but their investment in Kingdom global stat bonuses and (for Delves) Faction Hoards. Both of which are completely permanent, making it impossible to reproduce that early game feel and the ability to “handicap” your team by depriving them of these otherwise permanent bonuses (in exchange for greater loot) could be an interesting challenge.

1 Like

Bearing in mind that overall, delves are unpopular because of how events are set up/scheduled, deep delves needed to be radically different to offer lasting appeal. Personally i dont get excited by it in any way and once the achievement popped, i have not returned. 2 implementation issues on ASE are of note. 1.The new “faction” troop was unusable due to mana colour (how nobody noticed pre release is staggering). 2) The new troop was not added to portals as you would expect it to be. 3 to 4 weeks delay for this I seem to recall meaning every so often I will need to open portals to bag a copy. Potentially this doubles my shard investment because it may take 8k to 10k (due to dilution) more shards to get the new guy to mythic without using blue orbs. And thats gonna be the case 30 plus more times. I agree; dev time could have been used more creatively.

2 Likes

To be fair, I have been doing deep delves this week. Total waste of time from Devs and players.