Dear devs, please fix your cheating AI on console

Hi GREEK,

Nothing cheating here, sorry - in fact we cheat in your favor for a bunch of levels early in the game. I believe the console AI is still missing some moves randomly too… so it’s a little easier in general.

Regarding the recall bias… I’m sorry to say that’s exactly what is happening. You can read about some of our early usability testing with the Puzzle Quest series here: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/210140183-Does-the-AI-Cheat-

Also, it was confirmed by numerous players that the Puzzle Quest series, which gives exactly the same vibe of “cheating” was actually NOT cheating at all when we released the script code for them to tinker with. That game is still available on Steam, with all scripts able to be tested & read, so that is always open for anyone who might be suspicious, to investigate!

However, I would like to say thanks for the feedback… it is possible we may still need to cheat in the human player’s favor for a little longer, or cheat in their favor a little more noticeably, while folks are still learning how to play the game.

Cheers!

10 Likes