Couple of questions

Just wondering about a few things.

1. When I invade, my troops stats are higher than their base stats. Where does the bonus come from, how does it work?

2. When using the siren’s ability on a multi coloured troop, how do I know what colour will be generated? Is it random?

3. The difficulty of this game seems really … easy. Every arena I’ve played I’ve finished with 8 wins except when my 2 year old daughter steals the phone to play her baby games with mid fight. Basically I really only have lost to disconnects. Am I amazing (I doubt it) or is this basically the game? Crossing my fingers to some higher difficulty modes. Dark Souls mode? :smiley:

4. Arena seems to have much higher rewards if you can consistently do well than any other line of play; perhaps if you have Dragon armour and can invade quickly you can rack up a lot of gold and use it towards guild tasks and that’s better but for a starting player arena seems really, really good. Better souls than challenges, better money, keys, etc. Are the challenges there just to provide a ‘guaranteed’ way of generating souls?

Think thats it for now…

1. When I invade, my troops stats are higher than their base stats. Where does the bonus come from, how does it work?

Please check this guide.

1. When using the siren’s ability on a multi coloured troop, how do I know what colour will be generated? Is it random?

Random.

1. The difficulty of this game seems really … easy.

Wait for the next patch.

1. Are the challenges there just to provide a ‘guaranteed’ way of generating souls?

Or for people like me who are tired of invading the same line-ups over and over again and are looking for something different.

Thanks. Read the guide, understand where the bonus comes from but have one more question:

If my home kingdom is Broken Spire, and I invade Adana, do I get a bonus when I match red/yellow…?

Thanks!

You always get the mana bonus from your home kingdom, in invades, defends and arena alike.

Oh wow! This changes everything…

We’re going to make these bonuses easier to understand in the next patch.

Which also means you can change your home kingdom before an arena if you need to benefit from another bonus. :wink:

Thanx for that guide. One question about tributes. Do they stack?

For example: A level 1 kingdom gets a 1% glory tribute and something else (cannot remember, sorry).
A level 2 also gives a 1% glory tribute but so does a level 10 kingdom.

Thank you in advance.

I always thought that they would give 1% of the daily tribute. But for what I understand now is that this means you have a 1% CHANCE of getting tribute over the course of one day. Someone correct me if I am wrong, although the much-anticipated 1.0.7 update should make these bonus things that have to do with kingdoms much easier to understand.

But what I do know is that this does stack up. A level 10 kingdom therefore has a 10% chance of generating tribute.

Aah, that makes more sense, thanx buddy.

I confirm that they stack up to 10%, and since each kingdom has a chance to give you tributes, you can also sometimes get several tributes at once!

Just to clear a couple more things up, it’s not a daily tribute chance, but hourly.

And the 1% for each level is also correct, meaning you could, in theory, have a 180% chance of tribute every hour with all kingdoms maxed.

You couldn’t have 180%. Each Kingdom has its own 10% chance. So you have 18 times a 10% chance each. You may get tribute, you may not. If you were to add them together that would suggest you were guaranteed tribute, which you aren’t.

By my count, there are 10 Kingdoms with maximum level of 10, and 8 Kingdoms with max level 9.

So if a player had all Kingdoms at max level, the probability they would get no tributes at all is 90%^10 x 91% x8 = 16.4% (roughly 1 out of 6 times).

So that’s roughly 5 times out of 6 that this player would get at least one tribute, with the most likely number of tributes being 1 or 2.

How tributes are calculated is going to be displayed better in the 1.0.7 patch.

1 Like

That’s why I said, “in theory”. I understand full well how the percentages work.

Somehow I knew you were going to say that. :smile:
Still wonder why this is just a ‘minor’ patch. GoW 2.0 would probably be more justified.

“In Theory” once every ten times you collect tribute you will get tribute from each kingdom. So in theory, after collecting tributes ten times, you would have been given a bonus of 1750 Gold, 240 Souls and 50 Glory.
What then happens in reality (as opposed to in theory) is that, for example, one of those kingdom tributes triggers perhaps four times, while two of the others don’t trigger at all and you get 2500 Gold, 160 Souls and 50 Glory instead of what probability predicted.
Adding the two words to a statement doesn’t make a wrong statement right. And we are talking about probability, not percentages.

I never claimed my statement as true or fact. I pointed out the “in theory” not to give my words standing, but to defuse the need to explain to me how percentages work, as I knew full well already.

My original post never claimed anything, as it was purely figment. So if you choose to correct it, do so in a way that doesn’t sound like you’re attempting to pick apart that which was never solid to begin with.