CONSOLE: Witches in Britches

Question for @Nimhain and @Sirrian:

I was doing the progress event of Darkstone on the PS4 today, and I managed to get to the Dimetraxia reward.

However, I noticed that the reward was only 1 Dimetraxia, while I seemed to remember that mobile always got 3x that purple troop from the kingdom. I just checked on the mobile version, and yes, you will get 3 Brian The Luckys there…

Is this a mistake on the console version?

Many thanks in advance!

1 Like

It was 3x sparkgrinder last week. It’s supposed to be but I only needed one to mythic it so I didn’t take much notice.

Last week was actually Alistair and you only got one of him as well. Sparkgrinder was the week before and so far has been the only one we’ve been given x3 of of the 3 events so far.

Edit : [quote=“GoldPhoenix0, post:35, topic:21188”]
The troops given for this event (and the previous ones as well) should be giving 3 of that troop, although I have noticed a bug in the engine that is causing the x3 to be truncated when the troop name is too large. This will be fixed in the next update, but I can confirm that you will be rewarded 3 of this week’s troop. The next update, we will also display the list of rewards gained from the event collection, just to stop any confusion about how many of x troop or x resource you are getting.
[/quote]

Hmm, I thought I hadn’t gotten 3 of the troop, but perhaps I was mistaken and just incorrectly remembered how many I had. Sorry! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m not positive, but I believe the devs are purposely changing the events requirements/rewards week to week to gather data to determine the “sweet spot” to get rewards to the point where the majority of gamers will actually pursue the events.

The troops given for this event (and the previous ones as well) should be giving 3 of that troop, although I have noticed a bug in the engine that is causing the x3 to be truncated when the troop name is too large. This will be fixed in the next update, but I can confirm that you will be rewarded 3 of this week’s troop. The next update, we will also display the list of rewards gained from the event collection, just to stop any confusion about how many of x troop or x resource you are getting.

Thanks for letting us know!

8 Likes

UK, thanks for this good news. I wasn’t aware that we could get as much as +350% bonus souls during a match… That might come in mighty handy! :slight_smile:

Now of course, this soul-searching issue boils down to actually GETTING Pharos-Ra from chests. And here, I run into trouble. :frowning:

Last week when it was mentioned that the Mythic wasn’t coming that week but it would be for this Friday,

@Nimhain this is the first little hint from a dev that I’ve seen, that our best chances for a Mythic requires stockpiling keys.

Ok… well… I’ll roll with that.
But I still haven’t fathomed how much of a ‘stockpile’ we need to improve drop probability. I didn’t get Wulfgarok from VIP keys, last time. And previously I certainly didn’t get Gard, even though I went all out (and spent ALL resources on the attempt). On this VIP5 account, I have exactly one copy of ONE mythic from Christmas, i.e. Abynissia.

Maybe my timing for when to use keys is wrong. Maybe I actually need 4750 gems (or 100 VIP chests) before I make any attempts for Pharos-- like that’s going to happen, right :confounded:.
I mean, shoot me. I don’t quite know what to do when I’ve been chomped with what we’ll (provisionally) call the “Boba Effect Charm” :tm: :copyright: for reticent RNG. ARGH! :scream_cat::dizzy_face:

1 Like

there is no extra improved probability its just more resources = more chances :stuck_out_tongue: (unless consoles have some extra algorhitms for that other then pc/mobile?)

some very rough estimation for me on pc/mobile to get a mythic is something like 1k-5k glory keys, usually if you are in a guild that does all tasks (no legendary tasks) and you save all gems/glory keys /gem keys (for entire month duration between one mythic to another) it should suffice with a ~70% chance ? (but maybe thats just me and my luck)

Pharos-Ra update:

ugggghhhh… :frowning:

So we won’t be getting Pharos until theres a huge console update again that gets passed through sony and microsoft? Was really looking forward to getting him to start making a dent in the souls I need to level 5 all my kingdoms… probably 2 months out at this point I would guess…

Lame sauce

Sorry, Boomer, I don’t agree.
I’d rather they resolve identified issues before release of a buggy asset, rather than play catch up chasing the bug in a live environment. It’s the responsible thing to do. Here the ‘best feature’ that our devs have always provided is their degree of conscience in maintaining their product. I appreciate this.

^^This is also one of the main reasons why I like playing Gems over many other games. Thanks! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It was previously stated that we would one day get a chance at targeting specific Apocalypse troops and this seems like the ideal time to start. May I suggest Death…

5 Likes

I’m glad I basically gave up on this game.

These comments always make me smile. If someone stops playing a game, then why read the forums AND take the time to post comments. I’ve given up on Ryse: Son of Rome (after finishing it a few years ago). But I don’t go on the Cryteck forum to post this information…

5 Likes

I agree.

Doesn’t make it any less lame, though.

Can we at least get an estimated new timeline on the pharoh ra release or how you guys plan on shuffling around the mythics now?

Been saving all my keys and gems for approximately 2 months waiting for pharos to come out and don’t really care about any of the mythics that have been released after him… so if it’s not going to be until the next big update (and let’s be honest, he won’t release exclusively the day that update drops, probably a few weeks after) and that update isn’t planned to happen until guild wars drops, then I seriously have nothing to look forward to other than krystanex for the next 3 months…

Wah wah wahhhh.

5 Likes

I was looking to see about the new content we were supposed to get… The only thing keeping me around in any capacity.

1 Like

I have been meaning to bring this up as well. Back when they announced mythics were coming to consoles they let us know there would be exclusive weeks for all the apocalypse troops, and we haven’t heard a hint about that since. Personally War is the only one I’m missing but I wouldn’t mind trying to obtain a second death either.

Yeah I hope you guys get another shot at death.
Not trying to ruffle any feathers here but wasn’t death and plague the first mythics available on console? Plus I thought plague/death was available for at least 2-4weeks before famine/war. Hmmm

I don’t know but i got 7 death 5 plague 5 war and 6 famine but no damn wulf and guard!!!