Console: Guild War Tips

I’ve been using anti colour teams, but not to great effect. Though I’ve been low GW ranks for most weeks, so I haven’t seen that many battles on defense. However I think the thinking is, put something that have a good chance at getting some kills easily (EG devour, death mark, 4x Empowered troops), rather than winning, since that will lower the points of the attacker at a much higher chance than winning. And anti colour teams are more designed to win on defense than get kills.

Yep the biggest RNG cheese team you can find. Well that’s what I’m doing and I’ve already played against a few death knight defense teams this week. Lol, they will be every where

i think this subject will develop if devs give us more solid way to check actually how well our guild war defense performed

…and some more team slots :sweat_smile:

im a fan of one-for-all gw defense but thats coz i neither have decent way to check if it works nor team slots for it, guild war already takes 12 slots without the defense for me :sob:

2 Likes

Agree with everything so far. Here are my tips to add to the OP which are primarily aimed at those not yet at the endgame:

• Don’t stress. No-one can get full points every day of every week, even with a full collection. Lower level players or those with a smaller collection should feel free to use an existing strong PvP team with 2 or 3 of the day’s colours. Some days are really hard unless you have specific mythics.
  • By the same token, do consider how to make changes to your meta invade team to increase points. Why not add an empowered troop of the day’s colour at the front of your team? E.g. you normally use Krystenax, sylvanimora, TDS, Shadow Dragon. On red day use, scale guard, krystenax, TDS and emperina. The core of the team is the TDS and nax tag-team which can still be played unimpeded.
  • Those using all-colour teams will find that battles take a lot longer. Your teams are much less efficient. This requires you to rethink the usefulness of some traits and spells. Troops that were previously too slow to be of much use are suddenly awesome. Abynissia’s third trait is a great example of this. As are arcane, frenzy, many heal/cleanse spells/traits etc.
1 Like

Thw problem i find with anti-color teams at least from the mana deprivation standpoint is on blue day for example removing all the blue gems wont slow me down because all 4 troops on my team use blue so i rely on each troops second color… Now that being said i can see how a troop that does extra damage to a specific color troop would be more effective… But not as effective as cheese imo

2 Likes

Crazy busy week so far and haven’t been able to log into console yet this week and probably won’t be able to until way late tonight… Does that mean for guild wars it will just start using my normal defense team? Or do I need to assign a specific one for guild wars? If that’s the case l what’s happening now that I haven’t logged in?

1 Like

It will default to your pvp def team

2 Likes

I must say i am paragon and the bonus you get from other member is awesome, don’t be affraid to level up sentinel it really worth it

If someone make all his battle on sunday. Anyone know if the color bonus for the past day still work?

#1) Guild war Tip: Wait for the devs to fix this mode before playing
This mode is even worse than the standard PvP with cheese team over and over.

Where is the strategy in devours/deathmark? You can have 10 HP or 1000 HP, you are equally at the same chance of devour. No other Spell scales like this. The worst is devour because you have now buffed the other team beyond and unless you can devour it back, you are at a major disadvantage.

The colour bonus applies to the guild you’re facing, not the day you’re playing. So even if you’re doing your fights on Sunday, use the same colour troops you would if you were playing daily. Check the schedule tab to make sure you’re using the right colour against the right guild.

1 Like

Wow… You play on console right? So after one day your biggest piece of advice is just not to play? Im sorry its nothing personal but i simply cant agree with such a pedantic point of view…

2 Likes

I actually play on both Console and PC/Mobile.

This mode is such a crap shoot it really cant be called strategy.

So my record of only one loss was luck?

Vangor,

What you find fun and what others find fun might be 2 different things.

I find this mode extremely frustrating and I voiced my opinion. I’m sorry my opinion does not align with your universe.

I have also only lost 1 battle in all of the guild wars I was ever in since PC/Mobile has started. That does not mean the mode is good, I honestly would not participate if my guild did not require it. I only do the minimum with this as its not “FUN” like a game should be. Its like going to the Dentist to have a root canal done without numbing or pain meds.

@AeroCloud i didnt take issue with your opinion, what i took issue with was telling ppl not to play it as a “tip”

This is supposed to be a constructive thread to help those who DO enjoy guild wars

There are plenty threads for complaints and such

And dont take this the wrong way this is not an attack just a discussion

4 Likes

Red day on console, and suggestions for a good mono team, we do not have ele yet either.

Bat valk bat portal all full trait dragon banner

2 Likes

Scarlett is very good against Kerberos or all beast deck.

3 Likes