Campaign Begins: Dragon's Totem

I’m at a point now, that I don’t worry so much about the fact, that the troop is trash, and more, that there will be 55 more of the same kind coming.
Weak? Strong? Does it matter? If you don’t get it when it’s introduced, you’ll only get to see it every couple of years in the soulforge anyhow. Gotta feel sorry for any player, who hasn’t been around since at least 2017-18.

I remember times, when there was a reasonable chance to draw a troop from chests. Long, long ago. The game has grown since then and kept growing and growing and growing. “More content” - the lethal tumor of free to play.
One day, it will choke to death on its growth.

6 Likes

Good point, even if it only reinforces just how much weaker Ace of Wands’s spell is compared to literally anything else giving a +Magic buff.

A better comparison should be by Mana cost – +1 Magic (and chance for extra turn) for only 6 Red Mana? A single-digit mana cost really doesn’t get you much (compare e.g. Goblin: mediocre damage to selected target + extra turn), so when adding that to the comparison the effect doesn’t feel entirely so weak…
…until we compare “The Empress” whose spell does so much more for the same Mana cost…
…or if we we also factor in the Ace of Wands’s base tier of Legendary. Base Rarity has always implied a Troop’s strength (in spell or traits) which AGAIN makes Ace of Wands look very underpowered compared to other Legendary troops, both spell AND trait. If Ace of Wands was classed as a lower base rarity then the weak spell + trait effects would be better accepted.

No, i don’t think I will.

1 Like

Could you please ask why they intentionally create a very bad troop and dig in their heels?

If you want it to be low, make it magic:10 +1 but not just 1. Even that would be bad but at least it would scale.

1 Like

Thanks for the info:

2 Likes