[Fixed next update, version 5.2] Bug with Detect-o-bot ability

Platform, device version and operating system: PC

Screenshot or image: https://i.gyazo.com/4a8b04912c208b4a01bdb12d4633ca93.png

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
Detect-o-bot in the new faction creates gems even when no enemies have full mana (see screenshot - bot creates red gems). As far as I can see from the troop’s description, this shouldn’t happen.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every cast at the moment, testing in delve, floor 300, pure faction team, 3rd room.

Finished the 3rd room, moved to the 4th room and the bug has disappeared. Perhaps something to do with summoning using the Tink Steamwhistle troop?

Steps to make it happen again
Unsure so far. The bot was spawned using Tink Steamwhistle.

4 Likes

I just had it happen in the first room, so it is not Tink-related.

Seems to me like the actual implemention is
Create 7 red gems, boosted (x7) by enemies with full mana.

Edit: doesn’t happen every time, so it is rather a bug in the intended implementation. Only thing I can think of that could be related, is that one of my troops was enchanted and would reach full mana at the beginning of the new turn. May be that the check done by the spell effect somehow overlaps with the enchant status resolution?

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification - I haven’t been able to reproduce it myself since I reported it.

Confirmed in final room. All my team except 1 had enchant, 1 with full mana. Detect-o-bot just kept casting over & over. 15 straight casts. And no self-destruct. What a shock :scream: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

This has been happening to me constantly, in any of the rooms. I don’t really understand HOW, because the enemies clearly are not at full mana…

Edit: I know what the bug is. It’s counting troops that have died at full mana.

I can confirm this. The visible boost ratio and gems spawned are consistent and incorrect as fights drag on and more troops are killed at full mana. I have screen shots, but it’s a pain to transfer them off ps4.

1 Like

Yes it definitely happens, not all the time but enough for it to be problematic. And it’s possibly the worst in event faction troop ever. All it does is stall things. It’s chance of self destruct should be way higher. I can see potential for it outside of the event but what on earth was the reasoning by the dev who designed it.

1 Like

Platform, device version and operating system:
Android

Screenshot or image:

Detect-o-bot has +14 boost when it should have +0

At least once, today

Steps to make it happen
Nothing out of the ordinary happened in this fight.

It’s counting enemy troops that have died at full mana.

thanks. I should have searched before I posted. marked as duplicate.

Glad they have a testing phase before releasing content.

3 Likes

Platform, device version and operating system:
Steam
Screenshot or image:

In the first room of the new delve, I killed the first enemy troop (Smash-o-bot) and then the AI had a Detect-o-bot and two Destruct-o-bots. I believe I had nearly all of my troops at full mana, so the Detect-o-bot was creating 21 or 28 red gems every cast. The two Destruct-o-bots were full on mana and I expected the AI to do something useful but…

It just kept casting Detect-o-bot. Over. And over. And over. After about 10 casts it finally self-destructed (15% to destroy itself).

It happens as long as it can.

Steps to make it happen again
Fight against the AI’s delve team.

4 Likes

He detecc.

2 Likes

It’s not a bug, it’s a feature!

5 Likes

I left the room in one battle, and got something to eat. When I returned 15 or 20 minutes later, it was done (and self-destructed).

I’d like to think that it finished just before I walked into the room, but it probably exploded after a few minutes.

It is kind of annoying to sit and watch.

3 Likes

This happened to me, too.

2 Likes

Another means to stall. Nothing else.
Edit
If you ain’t spending the company don’t care. Remember that at all times

Hi folks, I’ve merged the duplicate reports into this thread.

Destruct-O-Bot is currently also counting Troops that are already dead.
This requires a client fix and it should be fixed in the next update, game version 5.2

I’ve added the issue to the Known Issues article:

Thanks for bringing it to our attention and sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.

3 Likes

How is it possible that this wasn’t noticed in pre release testing?

4 Likes

Thanks for clearing that up, appreciate it!