Broken Guild War Bracketing

Agreed. There should be some sort of segmentation for guilds where, say, a majority of players participate vs. ones where they don’t. It wouldn’t even have to be very high - say <10%+ of possible matches played gets you the lower bracket - and it would solve 99% of these problems.

Add a promotion / relegation system, where the guilds who miss the criteria for x# of weeks get dropped and vice versa, and you’ve got a solution.

GW Awareness Week will soon be upon us once more!

I meant to post this after the last GW, but got caught up – it’s just dumb.

I can’t wait to move up from Bracket 215 to ~195!!! :stuck_out_tongue: :man_facepalming:

Here’s to hoping this week will be better (it won’t be :man_shrugging: ) :crossed_fingers:. Watch out, Bracket 180!!!

2 Likes

I hesitate to become involved in this subject, but I have the only perfect answer:

Any guild signing up and not participating (even once after participating 100 weeks in a row) gets dropped to the unranked pool.

Any guild with 4 members or less participating is disbanded, their accounts deleted, and their phones wiped.

Any guild found to be using annoying defenses just to be annoying is forced to move their account to Bubble Witch Saga.

It’s sad that my good idea got lumped in with those other two ideas. I leave it to you to decide which was which.

1 Like

From today – but I have many screenshots like this, because this happens every. single. time. we bring in new, active players.

If it’s intuitive to every new player who comes into the guild and is involved/uses Guild Chat, it should be obvious to the Devs.

We recently lost one of our higher level and better performing players (to a much higher bracketed guild, ~5 or 6 to our current 184) who I believe was generally fine with all other aspects of the guild, and loved the internal competition with scores we had during Guild Wars, but was continually and vocally frustrated with the lack of competition, rewards, and the ability to do anything about it:

It’s terrible – heartbreaking, actually – to watch this happening to people, and I really don’t want lose more players to this.

2 Likes

The devs can’t do anything about this. If you eventually get to bracket 1, you’ll lose players because they don’t want to compete at that level.

I’m unsure if your ex player went up 6 brackets or went to bracket 5-6. One option has the rewards not changing at all. The other is only the difference of 90 gems a month. Come on man. :grinning:
Guild wars can be blamed for a lot of disgruntled feelings. But in this case, he was feeling froggy and wanted to jump.
Your bracket

Bracket 6

1 Like

I reread and saw this. If you have won every single bracket you’ve been in… Then I can it see it being the devs fault. Because the actual issue is retention. If a guild registers with the intention of having at least 5 players compete in wars. (Your bracket isn’t for brand new guilds) But then disbands completely within a month is an indication of a dying game that hundreds of players are quitting each month if not weekly.
Unfortunately, players will move up the mountain so to speak. They will join higher rank guilds, the lower ranks won’t be able to fill, get even more frustrated and quit the game, or move up… Then yet another dead guild exists if they don’t disband. Anyone can see all the dead guilds in the top 500 ranks. It should be alarming. But frank retention. :person_facepalming:
(15 guilds haven’t earned a single trophy this week, another 15 earned less than a 100 currently.)

Bracket 167 isn’t much better.

1 Like

Re: Annoying teams just to be annoying - here’s the Paragon team I fought today:

Want to bet this guy forgoes hid defense point bonus just so he can put his precious Zuul in every day?

Oh, yeah, I won, by the way.

1 Like

idgi. What about that is annoying for the sake of annoying? Looks like an ill-conceived team that’d be a walkover with any decent mid- to late-game account.

1 Like

In bracket 1 someone used a bad rope dart team on defense. And by someone I mean an entire guild. Made me feel like it was Collusion and they “guessed” the wrong guild that day. Then a member lost to it so I guess there went my argument. Lol
(I think he used an unwise team though) .

Sorry I bothered you. Carry on.

+dunnohowmuch to this.

Seen in our guild too ppls that was “doing great” in lower brackets (and i dont even mean bracket 100ish, but like b5 or b6) almost quit the game seen their results in b1 (or b2 even).

Beside, maybe is cuz the pvp points crap or dunno, i see lot of high lvl players (higher than me, i am 1259 atm) now in neverseenbefore/personal/lameasslvl guilds, ofc for them gw gonna be a joke and no clue why they gone there to then maybe whine about gw too easy.

Still promoting my solution to remove guild war entirely to solve many problems :3

One benefit of high level players in lower guilds as you are aware, is more points per fight won, especially at tier 3. That means less grind to get LB position 50 to 100 and bag those elusive epic ingots each week. For endgame players it seems a wise move IMO.

Perfectly fine aslong they then dont cry rivers and lakes about GW too easy (or empty) seen they know very well before hopping that was gonna happen.

If they get rid of guild wars I would stop playing on all 3 consoles I play on.

1 Like