Android

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened
Team:
Princess Elspeth
Bombot
Assassin + Black Manacles
Brownie
under Khaziel banner

I cast “Royal Demand” by Princess Elspeth on Brownie and expected to gain some brown mana gems on the board and also a Knight class unit.

But Assassin’s “Backup” talent (opened on level 20 and selected among 3 available) works first, so in 1/2 cases I see Bandit in the slot freed by Brownie. Evidently, “Royal Demand” works afterwards, finds no free slots and finishes.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
It happens every time “Backup” works, summoning a Bandit. I found it right now, but I think it began with the latest update, when hero talents were added.

Steps to make it happen again
Just make the team and go to Explore, cast “Royal Demand” with fully traited Princess Elspeth (Empowered as the third trait) and watch for Bandits.

1 Like

It did begin when hero talents were added. Official word is that this is the intended behavior. Sunbird will also get scooped by this talent. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 Like

“Intended” order of operations.

2 Likes

The Devs stated this is intended bahaviour in another thread.

1 Like

Intended? Too bad. So I just cannot choose “Backup” or any other summoning talent with Princess Elspeth, Sunbird, Sacrifice, Widow Queen?..

If I were to read between the lines, I would infer that this is the way that it works because already this is the way those triggers work (troop “dies” is a full step before troop summons, and on-death effects are immediate, so when you put an on-death summon with a troop that kills something then summons, the on-death summon happens first) and that they aren’t going to be devoting any resources to changing the order of operation. It would be kind of silly to think that somebody imagined these specific interactions and specifically put them in this order on purpose.

8 Likes

a simple solution is to change your talent according to your team

1 Like

Agree. That’s a more polite way of saying exactly what I said in the other one…