Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, elit eget consectetuer adipiscing aenean dolor

As Requested by a Dev: A Thread about Devs' Actions/Inactions

Thanks for clarifying. So I stand corrected on the matter of when the devs decided to investigate the drop rates.

But still, official word about tweaking the chances could have been done in the forums. It would have played in their favor, even if people wouldn’t be happy because the results are still nowhere even close to the supposed 10%, but the more they show they are tailoring and investiganting the matter the better.

1 Like

To be clear, I still think the devs are mistaken about the drop rates of epic vault keys. My pet theory is that this is like the treasure-troop-from-chaos-portal issue, where there seemed to be nested RNG checks. The interaction between the checks meant that even though the drop rates seemed to be correct in the data, in practice they diverged from the intended values.

5 Likes

I agree that that’s probably what is happening. So, it would be nice to have someone willing to work with the player base to see what is going on. Or even better, instead of checking code, perhaps check how many actual VKs and EVKs were found (if that’s possible). That would be the best data to verify if there is an error somewhere. Right now, we are at the players stating, with the best possible data collection available to us, that there is an issue. And what we get in return is silence.

2 Likes

Why should similar EVK clarifications by Forum members continue to go unanswered? (e.g. Vault Weekend data collection - open for w/e 13 Sept)

Much like threads about e.g. Spoilers or Delve Strategy, the nature of this thread was rather clearly stated in the OP, with the suggestion that it be muted if a player finds it disruptive towards his/her forum experience.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

@NerdieBirdie Honestly I doubt you understand anything about binomial probabilities.

I will try to keep it simple:

IF THE DROP RATE WAS REALLY 10%, THEN THE MAJORITY OF THE HARDCORE PLAYERS SHOULD HAVE RECEIVED BETWEEN 3 TO 8 EPIC VAULT KEYS (WITH MOST RECEIVING AROUND 4 OR 5).
ALL THE HARDCORE PLAYERS WHO POSTED HERE RECEIVED ZERO EVK!!!

Even if one or two hardcore players received 1 EVK its still lightyears far from what is expected. By hardcore players, I mean from 30-40 and more VKs collected over the 3 days Vault event.
You should study more carefully my post 266.

6 Likes