As Requested by a Dev: A Thread about Devs' Actions/Inactions

That’s another clusterfuck in its own right.

Sometimes one chooses a mana color and does something to it.
Sometimes one does something to a chosen mana color.
Sometimes one selects a mana color and does something to it.
Sometimes one does something to a selected mana color.

Does one create, summon or conjure a storm? Who really knows.

8 Likes

7 months later: the Shentang Elves are back!
:man_facepalming: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

While it may come as a surprise to some players, especially the newest among us, this is not a new stance when it comes to how this Company communicates and/or treats its customers: a perfectly usable weapon that wasn’t breaking anything and was fun (and useful) particularly for newer players to try to extend their reach, gets messed with for no justifiable reason.

Customers who have been around long enough did see some of it coming, since it’s not a new pattern:

While the final implementation remains to be seen once they are done revisiting their flawed Lycanthropy code, it is important to remember how much of this could have (once again) been avoided if anyone was actually listening to the customers that warned about the bug (and narrowed it down) days before the Green GvG day was upon us (queue “it’s not our fault if it happens during weekend/holiday” tirade), and duly prioritized customer satisfaction.

It is well documented in this forum how there’s often a claim that they’re overworked/have other priorities and therefore can’t always be on top of things…

…and yet among all the Lycanthropy feedback and discontent, we get this:

While it is a common stance to blame solely the Publisher and sometimes the Developer, each customer can evaluate the above facts to determine Responsibility (and lack thereof) accordingly.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

Enough of us tested the Lycanthropy Bug to know the above claim to be untrue, and that the issue was seemingly exclusively when Lycanthropy triggered on the Hero, irrespective of whether said hero was Deathmarked.

e.g.

Worth noting, when evaluating the Veracity of this company’s claims.
:face_with_monocle: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Overall I am happy with the compensation. I specifically asked in stream about it. I buy gems regularly. I bought extra faction assault tiers a few weeks back and thanks to Magus and Lycanthropy, my game froze and I had to forfeit that faction run. I submitted a ticket and haven’t bought gems since.

Now with this, I may buy gems again. So :+1:

The deathmark comment is weird. I think the community originally thought it was connected but we now know it isn’t.

2 Likes

3 hours before the Lycanthropy-Based Campaign is due to start, they released their umpteenth patch to mixed initial reports of still-existing problems.

Even more noteworthy: Lycanthropy is still considered a ‘Debuff’ and does not halve the opponent’s level when it triggers, as would be the expected transform behaviour…

…once again illustrating this company’s ability to understand their own game and to listen to their playerbase.

#GoWQA #GoWConsistency #GoWListensToItsPlayers

An eloquent snapshot of GoW’s state of affairs, from a Customer’s Perspective.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

5 Likes

Players who were unaffected by this bug know that at least one of these statements is partially untrue.

Either way, yet another snapshot of this Company’s modus operandi.

1 Like

Just leaving this here, with a thought for those customers who bought verses, but didn’t get to use them before the bait-and-switch took place.
:roll_eyes: :man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:
#GoWBusinessPractices

5 Likes

Alas, it would appear that the new Mods have also embraced the well-documented company policy of selectively ignoring certain reports, sometimes despite multiple bumps:

…while casually interacting in others:

Customers can decide for themselves whether this is due to the topic of the report(s) or its poster(s).
:roll_eyes: :sweat_smile: :vulcan_salute:
#GoWprofessionalism

To be fair, I really do appreciate the more casual tone of the new mods. It’s really nice to have even a little slice of community interaction that goes beyond bug report responses.

9 Likes

Just gonna leave this here for posterity: company misleads customers into believing a particular item is ALSO in the chests ( Spin Me Right ‘Round - #83 by ekkusu ) while that item is actually THE ONLY ONE OF ITS KIND in the chests, then claims things are working as intended without admitting to the misleading, and now offers a discount coupon for the item…

“Oh you paid for Steak but received only Chicken? That’s how it’s supposed to be this week! Have a Steak at 50% discount as a compromise!”

7 Likes

Option 1: Sirrian actually posted and ignored Weavergate, thus confirming that he’s on board with the status quo.

Option 2: Sirrian actually posted, and is so out of touch with the game that he doesn’t even know about Weavergate.

Option 3: Somebody posted using Sirrian’s account to distract from Weavergate.

Option 4: ???

Either way, noteworthy how within minutes of his post 3 IP2 accounts liked the post, thus showcasing how they prioritize their forum interactions/dedication.

Make of it what you will.
:relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

I agree with the overall sentiment, but I feel this is a bit unfair.

A community member asked Sirrian to reply to prove that he was still in charge of the company. He did so. He did not mention the Weavergate situation (and was not asked to do so in the OP). The situation is likely not something he can just make an executive decision on, anyway, as his role has changed over the years and this game isn’t a dictatorship.

We can’t ask for the creator of the game to post, see him do so, and then blast the company for giving us exactly what was asked for. Again, I agree with the overall sentiment of the need for better communication and the need for a positive outcome in the Weavergate issue. But blasting the company regardless of whether they do something we don’t want or give us exactly what we asked for is part of the reason the communication on these forums is so poor - no staff member wants to deal with us blasting them left and right no matter what they do, so they just vanish.

2 Likes

Conjectures aside, there is however a documented history of exactly this pattern: playerbase asking for something important, and some tangential borderline inconsequential matters arising… only to have the company representatives promptly and eagerly tackling the tangential, while continuing to wait out the main situation to die out over time.

It’s not the first time that the playerbase has sought Sirrian’s presence when the company acted in a certain way (usually before a compromise resolution was found to whatever situation), but this ‘appearance’ (inverted commas in case of Option 3) finally happening on the instance when the company has seemingly crossed a legal line is rather telling, even if we wish to look at it with the least accusatory of lenses.
:face_with_monocle: :relaxed: :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Blasting looks different, this is more like the community wondering what is going on. If I had to guess I’d go with option 2, it’s really Sirrian, and he’s so out of touch with the game that he hasn’t heard anything about Weavergate yet. Which is kind of disconcerting, because it feels like he definitely should have heard about Weavergate in his position, considering how phenomenal IP2 messed up here.

Have you considered the communication might be so poor because the staff members haven’t learned to communicate in any reasonable way yet? Let’s take a look at this, a very prominent bug report of interest to many players:

Status investigating, for two months now. No response at all, even after several prompts to provide an update in regards to the investigation that is supposedly happening. The company isn’t getting blasted based on what they do, the company is getting blasted because they fail to do anything. The vanishing part isn’t a reaction, it’s the very root cause.

9 Likes

Historically, this has primarily meant “any player feedback obtained will selectively be used out of context in the future to justify some unpopular changes to the game”, so instead of focusing on the obvious fact that 5 tarot cards is a nightmare crafting requirement for anyone who missed Halloween week, let’s move on to the most noteworthy aspect of this week’s fiascos (of course it’s not the poor QA & undercompensation surrounding Tuesday’s Devilgate, since that’s business as usual by now with this company)

After a week of attempts by the playerbase, both documented and anecdotal, there is absolutely no credible report of a 3rd Devil being found within the same day ( Data Gathering: The Flesh Horror Battlecrasher ), and despite multiple chances to acknowledge this cap (it is a demonstrated cap, for all practical purposes), the mods insist in avoiding transparency while phrasing the ‘odds’ in a way that may keep uninformed players chasing for that reward, that has not been found by any player within earshot of forum members.

This matters, because hereinafter every time this company claims there is a ‘chance’ of getting something, but refuses to disclose what the chance is, we can now refer to Devilgate and go into it with our eyes open that ‘a chance’ may mean ‘no chance’ for all practical purposes…

…and of course the devs’ reluctance to even look into whether the drop rates were broken after the 2nd drop (much like things were broken on Tuesday) suggests that it is not surprising to them that the playerbase hasn’t found that 3rd daily Devil.

With the above facts, time for Caveat Emptor once again.
:blush: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

By clicking on ‘Learn More’, players get yet another snapshot of how dedicated this developer is towards this product’s quality.
:man_facepalming: :vulcan_salute:
#gowQA

6 Likes

This coming from a company that has openly embraced Monetisation as virtually its sole priority (and encourages you to spend more money, because who cares about Weavergate): have fun scrolling and clicking on 50 tiny icons individually to figure out what are the ‘extra rewards’ that they are trying to sell you this time.
#gowDesignSkills

4 Likes

I really don’t know why they didn’t use the same UI as they have for Campaigns — just swap the star graphic for crowns :sweat_smile:

1 Like