Anyone else feel like this patch made the game pay to win?

I love how low level players, who have played the game for about two months, find offfensive the fact that they struggle for end game content. I’ve been playing this for about a whole year and I find the new features hard to complete yes, but am pretty much ~40% done with it, as a lot of high level players. And if you, my friend, are a high level on your own and you come crying because the end game content is too hard, its probably because, with all respect, you suck. The game is far from being p2w, and I don’t know who said this but its pretty true, its more like Hearthstone, paying to accelerate the process. I cant really think right now on something nor anything I cant get by just playing the game rather than paying and well yes is sad sometimes people who have put less effort than you get the same things but thats pretty much life in a nutshell and devs need money to even have the game at all.

Love y’all. :v:

3 Likes

Oh almost forgot, gem rewards are now uncapped which means for us who recieving 5 tributes was normal, in a couple of months we would be getting 9-10 tributes each hour, they totally had to nerf the ratios. :v:

I love how some players think they are “pro” and go around making rude and crude comments.

4 Likes

Not going around making rude comments, half of my post are responses to help squires such as yourself improve their game or simply regular questions. Am just done with all the crying litle kids around here lately.

I have been playing since the game came out on Steam. I do not think it is PTW because a person would have to spend such a ridiculous amount to even get the lowest of rewards. You have high level players saying they cannot even upgrade their legendary troops with tons of resources being dropped into the game. I think the game has to be more creative with how they want to earn money for the game. Limiting the resources to the point of absurdity is ridiculous and charging $50 (The price of a brand new spanking game or several if you like Steam games) to get a handful of gems, some souls, and 1 legendary is going to sink this game and I would hate that as I love it. Giving less and charging more is not how you make money. The one thing they did was have the subscription for 15 gems for 15 days, this was a good idea. If it wasn’t limited I’d probably buy several. I have no problem contributing I’ve put over $400 in playing and the one thing that kept me from spending more were the prices. I am sure there were a few people who bought the $50 value packs they had previously, but there was no way I was paying $50 for one legendary some souls, gold, and a weapon I already had. Now make it $20 and throw some gems, and some souls I would probably purchase that. I love the game and I like the spirits of the upgrades (I do like VIP, but expecting someone to pay close to $800 to get those bonuses is insane). Sorry to rant, but when I hear complaints about making money and then making the game too expensive to play and feel like you are accomplishing anything is not the way to go.

1 Like

And I love how people who have been for a very short time have nothing to contribute but whining about the fact that they don’t have everything with no effort on their part. Yes, @MissPupu, I’m looking at you and every one else who thinks that they can play for a couple of weeks and have all there is.

Your massive sense of entitlement cannot be contained in the vastness of the known universe.

I honestly have to say, judging from my previous experince, 800$ for permanent max-tier VIP rewards is one of the cheapest offers I have ever seen. You usually have to pay far more and/or the VIP privileges are only temporary and have to be renewed.

I love how some people would pinpoint people out, think that they have nothing to contribute and give advice to people thinking that anyone who post a comment unhappy about some of the language used here has put 0 effort in the game. Yes, @RiverSong i am looking at you. I have played this game for a long time also.

And what have i asked for since “Your massive sense of entitlement cannot be contained in the vastness of the known universe.”? I have not made a single comment on any of the changes since the patch went live.

1 Like

Thirty days isn’t a long time in the life of this game. What makes you think you have the right to judge someone like @Serale, who has been here forever?

Level ~190 from Aes Sedai. I See… Well your about four months arent a long time. But I do apologies to everyone and you, little squire, if my comment was rude or hateful. Not really editing it but love y’all. :v: :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow that really makes me look like and old grandpa. Lol.

I played this game two weeks after it was released on steam. Go and google gems of war coming to consoles as i made that post a long time ago. If not ask Venan from Black Pearl since he keeps a spreadsheet on all members that joined and leave his guild.

Once again people people make judgement on how little they know about others.

You’re quite right. I know little about you. But it’s more than sufficient.

Wow that actually makes it really sad. Even more. I was giving you a good 4 months thinking maybe you were not that bad. I’m out. Better to stay away from post about to be closed.

You all fail to see the point i was trying to make. You can disagree with others on your views, but keep it classy at least. If you read between the lines, i didnt disagree with you two, i just didnt like the language and way you guys were using.

But the excitement kept building up… and you know the rest of the story.

God damnit, I wasnt gonna reply anymore but am not gonna be the bad guy here, I totally saw your point and thats why I did apologize, what came after well… You cant expect less when someone call you out. My comment was towards the whinning kids, if you disagree I can only assume you are part of them since you didnt really pointed out the langauge on your first comment towards me. Again, big sorry only for the words I use, not changing my opinion on the same people.

We actually don’t mind people discussing the whole P2W/F2P thing (it keeps us honest, and we WANT to make a game that really is free!)
But I just want to close this thread down before it goes into a dark place :slight_smile: I think most of the folks here were fairly well-intentioned with what they wrote, and some things may have been misunderstood. If you want to carry on this discussion let’s all have a clean slate in a new thread!