An idea for Poison

Could be on to something here, or maybe something like 2 to a random stat. So it’s like the trait cursed applied as a status effect.

I’d quite like to see a re-release of nothin but a good time or unskinny bop… Oh, sorry, wrong poison.
Poison needs to be looked at and we’re led to believe it is, one of my favourite troops at the moment is webspinner so I’ll be keeping an eye what they have planned.
Oh I love this song… We both lie silent and still in the dead of the night…

1 Like

It would not just be Mercy, poison all and you would literally not be able to cast anything anymore without a ‘natural’ 4-match. The stalling would be unreal and with Famines in the mix not leaving that kind of extra breathing room that would 100% break the game.

The best buff for poison imho would still be to make it interact with extra turns with its regular 50% chance to proc, it would fit thematically, and would strike a good balance of power.

Well, i know the idea looks strong. But that is kinda the point. Any “weak” change won’t change or affect the current Meta.
Let’s say it happens.
Then what?
A simple card like Fang Guard can make sure Famine never cast easily. Forest Entourage gets slowed down a lot.
So people react.
We see Immune cleaners like Apoticary back in play. Plague, since it’s AoE an is immune.
Poisoners are showing up. But then, most big decks , like Psion-FDF can’t really add a cleaner and a poisoner without breaking the team, so many will chose to stay as is. After a while, dust settles, and we still have the Famine decks, the FG decks, some Mab-Looping, and a new danger, poison decks.
Would it be really dangerous and strong? Maybe.
Would it take over the game and the Meta? Probably not.
At least it would diversify the end game.
That is my wish. That everything is dangerous, so that nothing rises above the rest.
Make poison lose mana,
Make Disease permanent unless clean,
Give Vine and Freeze minimum 3 turns before auto-clean
Make Web affect adjacent troops
Make Hunter Mark double every damage source.

If you do all this, then everything becomes too strong, and in a game where you only have 4 troops per team, it will create variety, and make scouting and adjusting more important, immunity traits stronger, and cleaners more important.

I am delusional, muhahahaha.

1 Like

Not like, this is the only one in the game and i don’t want to be forced to play a Brown transformer in all of my games for eternity.
And no i don’t want to be forced to field full sturdy teams either, most of them are boring and bland, and whoever has no Plague shall just rot ? And the fun on GW days of most of the colours when being limited to sturdy troops…
This poison change is just not good, it is 100% stall and does nothing good for the game, and there are many other suggestions out there making poison better without plunging the game into eternal stalling.

Still, all this other poison change do nothing to make it a viable option. Name 1 poison change that would make you switch you GW defense for a poison team.

Poison doing a bit more damage won’t make people switch out K/GS/FG/K or P/F/D/F , which are currently the 2 main team you need to compare against.

1 Like

If what you are saying is that your suggestion is the one making poison the most powerful, then yes you are right, but that is not necessarily a good thing :wink:

And you dont need to compare against P/F/D/F, the Death in that team has no greater value with Psion blocking most its colours(and so many people not realizing that shows how moronic Famines state is) and will just be exchanged with Apothecary(switch with first Famine) or any poison troop.

Death never casts. It’s just there to melt the first troop faster. And grab the extra Red.

1 Like

I know what he’s there for, it is just of low value, much better troops to put there, that actually could fill and cast.

i agree with you

1 Like

Look, i don’t want to s**t on your poison idea, it is out of the box and much more elaborate than many other suggestions, maybe if i wasn’t already so irritated by the current mana deprivation meta, i’d be more open to an addition in that department.
So i’m gonna quit being a naysayer and sneak out to let you spitball your ideas in peace.

No, no, on the contrary. The fact that you think it’s too strong mean we are on the right track.
In each “nerf” thread, a popular answer is “don’t nerf, buff other cards”.

But people don’t realize how BIG a buff is needed to actually compete with jokes like Famine, Devour, or Permafrost. Anything less then crazy won’t show on radar.

Just take Queen Aurora. First impression is wow, that is crazy ! and then, well, not really, she is just absent from PvP.

1 Like

@Drathas That might go a bit overboard on Plague. Or maybe just giving it exactly the amount of push it needs to get back into the game? Worth looking into, for sure.