Adult content?

Honestly, my son posted once and was permanently banned. The reason given was circumventing a chat ban. We’ve given up trying to figure it out or submit tickets that go unanswered. It’s not a concern anymore.

Maybe he is using a handle similar to somebody elses who was banned and its a case of mistaken identity?
Does seem harsh for a perma ban though, unless the suspected person circumventing is perma banned.

Like I said everyone is suspicious of lower level players for some reason. Doesn’t make sense to me, but chat rooms rarely do.

2 Likes

My brother is perma banned. We think that my son was mistaken for him because my brother set up the account. Maybe same IP at creation ? However, my son lives hundreds of miles from my brother and the IP should be different ? Like I said, we have submitted at least a dozen tickets and haven’t received one reply. It is what it is.

That seems likely to be the reason - being linked to a perma banned account resulted in a perma ban. That system is there to protect against exactly what you’re criticising, so I doubt you’ll make any headway with tickets. Once you’re linked, it’s almost impossible to prove you aren’t.

As for the general post, I disagree with your attitude and considering it’s a 13+ game I don’t consider the content you dislike as particularly inappropriate (for context, I’m in from a country that borders europe and I’d assume you’re from the US but I could be wrong, and over here we have very different views on what is appropriate and when), at least from the examples you showed. I see three screenshots, the first has nothing in it that I can see (the mop thing might be innuendo, I don’t know the context) except saying about watching anime (japanese cartoons for all ages) and eating chicken, so I’d love to know what the objection was. The second was saying slightly mean stuff, but nothing compared to what typically floats around online and what someone might see/hear in everyday life in the real world, so protecting someone from this sort of “meanness” is risking setting them up to be unable to cope with adult life, but obviously there’s a balance to be found in how much kids are exposed to. The third is definitely an attempt to swear by bypassing the detection and auto-censor, which is something that can be acted on, but that swearword is pretty tame in many countries and every kid I grew up with used it long before our teens, so I’d still be fine with that in a 13+ game personally.
That’s fair enough, we’re allowed to have different opinions and cultures, given that this is a worldwide game it’s reasonable to expect that people will disagree on what is acceptable to talk about in chat. However, I totally agree with you trying to protect your child in a way that feels right to you, like all parents should. You’ll struggle to find any game with online chat that doesn’t have content to object to, and given how hard it is to moderate it’s understandable, but reporting it is the best tool you have.
Just wanted to point out that, as well as disabling chat, you have the option to change chat channel. What you’re showing is almost certainly from chat channel 001, which is the most common place for players to post, and often contains cruder content. There’s hundreds of other channels to pick from, mostly unused, allowing you to find an empty channel and chat with specific people in the game about age-appropriate or acceptable content. For anyone young, I’d suggest leaving chat channel 001 immediately and sticking to other channels. Find one that works and use that and/or guild chat (with an acceptable guild).
If your child can’t post any more, it’s not such an issue, but thought I’d mention the option in case anyone else reads this and has a similar issue with this.

4 Likes

sounds like someone needs a hobby, we have an opening, discord is mandatory for communication and tower of doom though. :slight_smile:

EDIT:: now filled

REEDIT:: back open

2 Likes

I saw the title and got excited a bit (i havent read the thread)

6 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

Hi all,

I’ve set this thread to stay permanently locked instead of it being auto locked on a timer due to the community flags here.

The reason is the user who started this discussion was circumventing a permanent ban for extensive harrassment and real life threats towards other community members and staff, so I’ve suspended this latest account as well.

I understand that family & friends can be using the same devices and network to access the Gems of War community, however, due to the serious nature of the ban we can’t afford to risk leaving any associated accounts unbanned in this case.

Thank you all for trying to assist them with their concerns.

I will look into the chat reports that were made over the weekend soon too.

As always you can find our community guidelines here and they apply to all Gems of War community areas (such as these forums and in game chat).

16 Likes