A New Mythic Approaches - The Archduke

Originally published at: A New Mythic Approaches – The Archduke – Gems of War

New Mythic Troop: The Archduke The Archduke will be the only Mythic Troop available in Glory, Gem, Guild & VIP Chests for the next 7 days.

Emm… 1k guild seals and got 1 copy… so cheap this time… :roll_eyes:

It was quite cheap for me too at 400 glory keys. I will say that the two Mythics before this were costly for me though.

What are the odds of getting 2 mythics in a 50 glory key pull?

low (10 chars)

Is this thing bugged? Just had it fail to destroy a non-impervious, non-invulnerable, non-blessed target when it had 97 magic. :roll_eyes:

Could that happen? Yes. Is it low probability? Also yes.

I used HKI in the last 3 days long faction event. I had exactly 97 attack which is 97% chance for devour, he didn’t devoured the enemy at least 5 times. So it happens.

I spent about 3300 glory keys to get only one Mythic. Now I wonder whether I need another one.

That’s XCOM!

2 Likes

You don’t. In addition to not being particularly good overall, this mythic does not offer much of an incremental benefit from having more than one in a team.

I’m curious too. 1 in 83416 pulls of 50? Actual math person to the rescue?

0.01% chance of getting 1 mythic out of a glory chest, or 1 in 10000.
Chance of getting exactly 1 mythic out of 50 pulls: 0,009951117%, or a little less than 0.01%
Chance of getting exactly 2 mythics out of 50 pulls: 0,000000995% or 1 in 100,000,000

I.e. the chances of getting a mythic are so low compared to the chances of not getting one, that you can essentially multiply the chance by the number you hope to get:
Chance of getting N mythics: 1 in 10000^N

1 Like

Someone else and I got two of these mythics in a single pull today. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I wish I took a screenshot now. :rofl:

These multipliers out of nowhere when people open chests seems to happen far too often tho… GoW has its own RNG universe lol

2 Likes

Is the drop rate for this mythic different? it’s raining dukes in our guild (3 so far) and people only just started to open guild chests :thinking:

1 Like

Not sure but there’s multiple people in my guild with four of them.

2 Likes

Let’s not make a bug report :laughing:

1 Like

I have one guy in my guild that didn’t hit after spending a ton of resources.

So he is on the other side of RNG this time…