A.I. RNG hates me

It’s not like the AI can actually choose. The Wisp’s target is random.

Hitting the second-third troop maximize the effects. So those are the most effective hits and those we remember.

I’ve heard the devs sit at consoles and control the AI themselves. Apparently they cackle hysterically, point, and laugh at the poor player as he/she gets smashed with Wisp hits and devour. Something needs to be done.

For anyone following my stats, I am at
A.I. : 32 Kraken Devours out of 40 - 11 games of 100% Dev rate (2 or more devs)
Me : 14 Kraken Devours out of 50

This tells me that my rate would most likely even out to 40%, A.I not so much

1 Like

What I notice is that the ai in GW (which let’s face it, is the only time most of us pay that close of attention and or care as much) does tend to favor the ai a little more. That being said, I can still usually win simply because I am going to play smarter overall, but it’s there. The devs have in the past adjusted the ai several times to play “smarter” or otherwise so we know the system is in place and that it is used to adjust the difficulty. I have also noticed that on GW days the color of the day seems to drop less than other colors. That has also seemed to get a little worse since the last patch.

With all that being said, I counter it by simply knowing it happens and building my teams and expectations around it. I used to get myself furious (and still do on those matches where you lose a GW battle that you had no real control over the outcome) but now I really just try to move on. It does suck a lot, but what are you really going to do?

Another thing that I have noticed is now that mana has been slowed down across the board when the ai gets a bunch of cascades that fill several troops it usually doesn’t end well for the player. Same goes for when the player gets them. Before, even if the ai filled there was a chance that you could fill the next turn and get going again, now though if one side fills up even two turns before the other it’s usually going to mean a win…especially if famine is one of those filled troops. I do believe the cascades are down for both the player and the ai so when they happen they are both noticed immediately and devastating. Same kinda goes for gem swappers and looping. Though I still feel like explorers tend to favor ai a little more.

The point to all of this is you as the player need to understand the game and the ai and play accordingly. And understand that even the best players in the game will eat shit in a match when they really shouldn’t have. It’s just the nature of the game and the RNG.