6.9 Update: Trials of the Conqueror

I agree that since this is an OFFER not a REWARD, we should be able to replay Trial battles for this purpose.

1 Like

Tbh, it wasn’t entirely clear that the offer was for the whole team rather than just x1 Red Fox, but yes (although at the 1,000,000 Gem price):

1 Like

No chance this will get reverted, because that would require someone on the team admitting they made a mistake. Doing that, would cause that “someone” to burst into flames. Or, at least one would think that, based on how frightened of admitting error they are.

5 Likes

I’m sorry but this is not a good idea. I have had too many times that honestly it was much easier to re-roll and just grind. It allowed me not to worry about not getting some task completed. Seriously I loved it when you introduced it. Now honestly this sucks.

But I have come to see that it’s not for our enjoyment anymore.

4 Likes

1 MILLION Gems to get 1 troop of each kind!!! wow…
That’s more than it costs to do a Mythic in the Soul Forge.

2 Likes

TGIF! Nice!

Thank you for letting me know this. I freaked out and almost un-installed the game because that was the final straw for me.

@Kafka, @Nimhain given there have been multiple people posting about what’s this 1 million why don’t you put this message out in the game so everyone can get it without being on the forum.

11 Likes

A lot of people doesn’t come to the forum, even if - a d it’s a big if - they can understand English.
Ingame communication sorely needs revamping, both chat and communications from Devs.

5 Likes

The real fun in this game for me is the team building aspect, finding synergistic teams. In arena your choices are limited so it’s not very fun. In trials you guys messed up big time, removing even more player choice. If you were hoping to increase player retention with this update, you have failed.

6 Likes

There should be a way the Devs can pin a message in Game Chat like we are able to do in Guild Chat. That way anytime someone goes in game and checks chat they can see any important daily in game news

9 Likes

Last i checked they added a pop up to inform players of limited time events, in addition to the daily pop up that gives players information on daily/weekly events. Most people just skip it and start playing. You would have to implememt some sort of “scroll to the bottom and hit ok” window. I’d be willing to bet most people would still skip reading it. Most people can’t seem to understand how not to skip the new heroic gem message every campaign for the last year.

1 Like

The game pushing an information into your face will of course not work. With special offers pestering the main map pretty much every day, the first reflex is of course to close them right away. And about your example on Luther popups, those tend to happen, when you already got your next click in mind, more often than not falling victim to this.
This is about a place to find news and announcements ingame, maybe finally those damn world event scorings as well. The current Event/News section is not as much of a help for this, as it could be.

2 Likes

My point is there is a place where announcements are made in game already and people ignore them.

One could easily wait til the board settles to try to make a match and therefore read the pop up but people don’t.

People could easily read the event page to know the weekly events but they don’t.

People could read guild announcements but they dont.

What information are you trying to push into a player’s face again? How is this information any less relevant than the information thats constantly being skipped and ignored already? You cant make people read when they don’t want to.

Or like i said make an unskippable scroll down to the bottom and hit an OK prompt. Any constructive thoughts or ideas?

The news page does not announce a lot, besides the fact, that an even does take place. If you want details, more often than not you are still brought to an external page.

At this moment, you are unsuspecting, that something, namely Luther, will pop up. Same as with merchants and all the other stuff after fights, but without the confirmation when you accidentially might click it away. How often do you (or don’t you, in case of djinnies and demons) need to cancel your click from muscle memory?

The only info, the game is really aggressive to show you, are things to pay money for. Your friendly hourly reminder, that you could buy mythic X or weapon Y. The permanent green exclamation marker on the Shrine. The daily deal popups, that keep happening even if you had already been there right after the reset.

This one comes down to whether you are reading the chat permanently or not at all. In medium guilds with slow chat activity, you can’t blame members, if they forget about it at some point. And the available amount of text does not allow to convey a lot of information, so this one is barebones as well.
Which would bring me to my favourite game improvement, that will never happen although it has been requested since the start eight years ago: Mails between players, at least within guilds.

Development in its locked up dungeon, with traps and monsters protecting them from wandering adventure parties and customer requests, does not know, how to do regular communication. No wonder, they are unaware of the need for it.

4 Likes

They did add a pop to show relevant events. Im not talking about the ! on the screen or the offers.

I’m talking about the events newstab that states you need to clear battlecrashers but people still come into chat asking how to progress the kingdom pass. People routinely come into chat asking what kingdom the event is this week. This pops up at the beginning of every week and includes info on the current week’s events including which troop types have a bonus for the week. Ive had people come into chat to ask what the big yellow ! (Server status) means when you can click on it to find out and theres a message about it when the game is starting up.

Regardless of how much info is offered people routinely skip the entire thing and go to chat to ask what would have been answered had they read the pop up.

So again for the third time…what about an unskippable popup that requires you to scroll down to hit ok…?

1 Like

What is this troop and in what chest is it supposed to be found?
This (Dark Pits delve troop) is the only thing that shows up for me under unowned so, I’d assume that you have forgotten - as usual - to add Rat Swarm to the game.

2 Likes

That’s a last deep delve unit. You should have got it thru the shop when the event was running. I’m still waiting for lapins healer to appear at the portals, she was introduced like 4? Months ago

Did you even read what I wrote or just carelessly throw advice around?

I know perfectly well that Rattigar Cutpurse comes from deep delve (and should be available in portals this weekend).

They said in patch notes that Rat Swarm (not to be confused with Rattigar Cutpurse) will be available in chests after weekly reset but it seems nowhere to be found (not going to open chests randomly when the troop does not exist under Unowned).

Lapina Healer, by the way, appeared in portals expected 4 weeks after deep delve event.

1 Like