6.2 Update: The Secret Hoard

Am I the only one annoyed that gold and glory chest spots were randomly swapped? I mean I’m not going to grab a torch or pitchfork for that but why? Please don’t make old people like me learn new tricks! lol

13 Likes

You are not! I suspect they wanted to try and order things by rarity. BUT STILL!

4 Likes

So a paid pass includes (amongst other things) 2 imperial deeds. Recent nerfs to AB are making imp deeds extremely difficult to attain without spending cash and i refuse to invest in a badly broken product. Personally i think that continued aggressive attempts to part you from your cash are particularly distasteful considering world events and like many, i will donate to humanitarian causes where i can. Investing in gaming isnt even close to being on the radar and when it is, i will remember the lack of moral compass shown by games like this and spend elsewhere.

2 Likes

Absolutely no one asked for it. Who needs to change game speed that frequently? Whereas everyone now wanting to access chat has to click twice.

13 Likes

@Jeto please help feedback that this placement of the new icon is very unorganized/cluttered on the screen. please please tell me this is not permanent. suggest in the “Games” menu or just keeping it in the Hero menu please. :pray:

10 Likes

Ive been at this for hours and can’t even get regular mimics to show up. What am I doing wrong here?

1 Like

I only got 9 keys total after collecting the rewards.

To be fair… we are not entitled to the fruits of other people’s labor… for free. Since there are many people that think artists, developers, sys admins should work for free (that’s the only way games are free) it means we are forever stuck with these microtransactions. The downside being that people who don’t believe the world owes us free games now can’t afford to keep up with the constant micros.

2 Likes

Honestly, I mark today as the day I officially became old. I was searching for a cane to poke dramatically at the devs, for making a random interface change. lol I too assume it was to align the rarities. But how many years has all that been in the old order? In seriousness though… I’ll be used to it pretty quick.

1 Like

So…why is that new button at the top of the screen?

Is there ever anything to do in that menu? I know the patch notes said they have more plans for it in the future, but there were also plans for more medals, more renown rewards, etc. Nothing will ever come of it. It’s just taking up space, front and center, all the time.

1 Like

:point_down:

Our failure is in forgetting what IP2 means by ‘chance’, when they refuse to disclose said alleged probabilities.
Best approach i’ve found is to assume things with undisclosed ‘chances’ do not exist (i.e. do not actively seek them), and be surprised and amazed when/if they appear…

…and then proceed to send a SS to guildies, who are prompt to suggest i purchase a lotto ticket to ride the totally-against-the-odds luck.
:blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :vulcan_salute:

9 Likes

I totally get that free players should not progress at the same rate as those who invest in the product. But if said investment isnt reinvested to some extent back into the game by the employment of capable programmers and QA methods to test new content to ensure it is delivered bug free and to eradicate historical bugs then the incentive to further invest is (for me) likely to diminish. I wouldnt buy a toaster that proved itself to be faulty and then rush back to the shop and buy a kettle from the same company; i would expect a refund. The FOMO obsession of many players is their incentive to spend cash despite the fact that they know they arent getting value for money, or any evidence whatsoever that their investment will see the game become absent of bugs. They are paying for the opposite: more content and more bugs.

5 Likes

Well, I spent some Gold (about 4k), Glory (about 500) and Gem keys (about 2k) and got all new troops that could be got from chests. I had to spend some Orbs of Ascension also, because I did not want to spend all my keys. Now let’s see what they can really do.

And yes, I’m also annoyed by the useless “Adventure Path” button right below the medals.

3 Likes

The old graphics were fine and didn’t need an update, what needed updating was the amount of keys buttons.

7 Likes

Why, I ask…? Can it not be a separate button or hidden wherever else but the chat button…? Why didn’t you leave the chat icon during battles all alone…? :sob:

I (and probably a lot of other people) set the speed once. And never change it again. While I click on chat all the time, during battles, too. Why do I have to click TWO times instead of just one now? Why? Please explain. This is bad UX. Horrible UX… :sob: :sob: :sob:

If you really HAD to do this, why not… on the settings button on the right, leaving the chat icon all alone…? Like, here:

Or here:

It’s not even logical, what has the chat icon in common with SETTINGS?!

:sob: :sob: :sob:

23 Likes

I can’t believe you tied an achievement to such an extremely rare event. This is poor form imo. Like texas hold em’ having an achievement for a royal flush.

6 Likes

Its another 1 of those achievements that many games have that arent worth stressing over. Its better just to forget about it and be pleasantly surprised about when it happens. I adopted this approach with the elite medal 100 troops and despite being over 70% (various base rarities) and only doing level 10 plus, i still havent got 3 nysha medals. RNG will drive you nuts if you dwell on it because it doesnt follow probability like you want it to.

5 Likes

I mean to be fair it is called an achievement meaning you achieved something to get it. I don’t think it is so much to expect that we eventually end up with a Hoard Mimic to get it. It makes more sense than most of the achievements we get where it is stuff you don’t even have to aim for and are super commonplace.

3 Likes

Ah yes, the smaller issues…

10 Likes

This is laughably bad design. Of course, it’s absolutely intentional just to screw over people farming during vault weekends/GAP, right? Which doesn’t excuse it even remotely, this choice makes absolutely no sense from a gameplay standpoint.

6 Likes