505 Acquires Infinity+2 & Gems of War (Read about what this means for you)

tumblr_inline_phbpn9l2Sh1uklhai_500

6 Likes

Hopefully this ending has a happier resolution.

2 Likes

Honestly the fact that Game of Thrones was such an integral part in the cultural zeitgeist for so long and has now completely disappeared after an abysmal ending is both social phenomenon and horrible tragedy.

5 Likes

I finally watched the final season last summer. Somehow I made it that long without any spoilers. It was so bad no one cares to talk about it.

Trump and Covid-19 would/could do that to any show. It never stood a chance.
Maybe you’re right and it’s the ending that killed the buzz about it. But I think people just had too much reality to talk about so fantasy stuff wasn’t much of a discussion anymore. And that was a big part of the appeal of GoT.

We’ll see though. The books aren’t done and their still working on spin offs for future series. Given the success of the Witcher on Netflix. The audience for sex, violence, and monsters (plus good writing I guess) is still there.

For me it’s definitely this, and I think it’s true for most people I’ve talked to.

And it’s not even about the outcomes, for us, but rather the implementation. Like, no spoilers, but — I’d have personally been fine with every death that happened, and every rise to power that happened, but the way that everything happened felt so lazy, so uninspired and uncompelling given the setup, that I don’t see how anyone could look at the finale as anything but a disappointment.

Now SPOILERZ

I mean, just to spitball a few notes: Dany still goes cuckoo bad ma’ama jamma, but is actually given lines to demonstrate the character progression or gasp a moment where the sudden snap makes sense, maybe thanks to a flashback or an arrow shot into her last dragon, or a random coin getting flipped akin to the adage, or whatever. And Bran can be king of Westeros, sure — WHEN IT IS SUDDENLY REVEALED HE IMS A BAD GUY WHO DOESN’T AFRAID OF NOBODY AND IS WILLING TO WARG THE LEADERS OF ALL THE REALM AT ONCE WHILE THEY PARLAY, MUAHAHAHAHA ahem, cough, ahem-harumph. Maybe the battle with the Night King actually lasts a long time because, ya know, these wights were the stuff of legend and numbered in the tens of thousands (at least) and were magic and - well - were supposedly the entire fuggin’ point of the entire fuggin’ narrative misdirection of the “game of thrones” the entire fuggin’ time. Or they WIN. If they DON’T, maybz because Bran decides he doesn’t need to use the dead-heads anymore to get what he wants CAUSE HE WAS WARGIN’ THEM THE WHOLE TIME AND IS ACTUALLY BLOODRAVEN THE TARGARYEN cough cough COUGH. And perhaps more people should have died because GoT is supposed to kill people and why bother having momentous battles where no one important dies? And other quibbles I’m sure no one’s read this far to read because who cares what this disgruntled orc thinks, anyway :joy:

3 Likes

I saw it as “Hey the writers have to write something that George R. R. Martin definitely won’t be doing with the books.” So we basically saw an alternate universe of how the story will actually play out. And in 5-10 years. They will totally redo the last episodes and “Luke Skywalker” all the original cast members back to shoot the true ending. (dead or alive, CGI don’t care, and neither will our morals during Trump’s 3rd term. :slightly_smiling_face:)

Land mines a plenty ladies and gents so reply under caution to avoid spoilers because I certainly did unless you have already watched what I talked about.

2 Likes

I sure hope so!

I’ve been waiting so long to read Winds of Winter I’m going to have to re-read all the preceding tomes, and the joke’s gonna be on me in the end because whatever the actually-final book that’s supposed to come out after that won’t be finished before the guy dies, I fear :joy:

1 Like

Congratz @Saltypatra! Hope that brings along a good future roadmap for the game?
Cheers, Gary :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Like, like, like… fixing some things community was asking for for… few months/years ? :slight_smile:
Or… i dont know… another extra 5 shrines? :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats, @Saltypatra on becoming officially a part of the 505/Digital Brothers family! :partying_face:

Hopefully, the consolidation will be highly beneficial to the Infinity + 2, going forward. It looks like the deal provides a foundational support through year 10 of the game (an epic achievement!).

Also, in the direction of the thread, all of you are slacking off. :stuck_out_tongue:
How did this thread reach thirty posts without this nugget of information being posted from the official press release?

Speculation may now commence on what’s been cooking in the oven at I+2.

2 Likes

It’s early 2021. Start communicating!

4 Likes

Gems of War II: Gem Harder

6 Likes

Gems of War Ii: This Time It’s (505) Personnel

7 Likes

Congratulations and good luck with your new employers!

Here’s hoping you can afford providing your testers with Android devices, now :grimacing:

1 Like

I saw the new game mentioned in the press release. Was worried bringing it up would attract negative attention when @Saltypatra mentioned the acquisition (anyone else loving how much more active she is lately in the forums?).

Could start some fun conspiracy theories though in a new post for fun. :wink: Edit: Started it because why not https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/new-infinity-2-game-speculation

2 Likes

:+1:

1 Like

It just rings the wrong tunes for me when people bring up “these surface numbers” of how much money the game made while simply ignoring long overdue issues… Something like: “Just how much more money we can make by doing even less now?”

But by all means, you are welcome to prove me wrong. Meanwhile, I’ll keep things spooky. :skull:

8 Likes

I’m sure we’ll see better foreign language support. 505 games has an office in France, so French language support will soon be perfect!

They said the same thing about world events.

“The new system would allow them to be more creative.”

A year later? They are still the same.

Of course she has to paint this in a positive light. I wonder what it must be like to have to lie for a living. Then tell people they should use please more often.

2 Likes