5.3 Update

Are your achievements now only designed for new players now too? :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

Ah, yes, this will come in handy, thank you.

14 Likes

The game keeps crashing on xbox after the update. 4 times within 10 minutes. Also happening for my guildmates.

3 Likes

Game immediately crashed on PS4 when collecting PVP rewards.

Edit: It also says that the Shrine is unavailable in my region (US/NA).

3 Likes

Just quoting to make this a more user friendly link.

1 Like

Xbox Series X:

Game crashed once starting up a battle in Explore.
Game always crashes leaving the Shop. (eight for eight)
Game crashed claiming a mail in the mail box.
Game crashed twice leaving the mail box, even when empty (two for two)
Game crashed twice entering PvP and leaving the screen. (two for two)
Game crashed leaving the Troops Menu. Not to be confused with when an event (like Delves) lets you create a team from the Troop Menu (two for two).
Game crashed after claiming the Pet Reward in a Pet Rescue.
Game continues to crash leaving a Pet Rescue after claiming the Pet Reward (two for two)
Game crashed after buying tiers in the Delve event. Its fine afterwards… for now…

The game crashes seemed to go away after the Shrine tutorial shows up.

Filled the Shrine to full and the Achievement didn’t unlock.

I find it really annoying that there’s a green exclamation mark telling me my Shrine is Full on the left side of my screen and it won’t go away.

11 Likes

This pretty much does nothing for new player experience, it is still terrible. There’s a huge chasm between existing players and new players that realistically takes well over a year to even start catching up.

The solution shouldn’t just be to add more ways to buy resources, that’s not going to happen at the prices you set (which tbh are laughable for value), it’s an issue with the current state off the game.

6 Likes

I can’t even finish a battle. I have tried three times and it crashes in the middle of the battle. So glad they did this during guild wars because wars is soooo enjoyable already.

5 Likes

Same as @TheIdleOne, started a bug thread

2 Likes

Game is totally broken, 5 crashes already in less than 10 minutes. Playing on PS5.

3 Likes

So much for the Christmas Miracle of the patch coming out crash free during the first ever GW/ToD week. (I mean my non developer ass could for see asset issues, but what do I know.)

But hey, on the bright side at least you have a stable way-ish to play Cyberpunk. (Literally the only reason I bought the Series X.)

1 Like

Why do you update during Guild Wars weeks, with it crashing on console after updating, there will be many losses attributed to those that won’t be able to finish their games.

6 Likes

Is everyone enjoying new update?

Before I go and update, does it work on mobile (Android)? :sweat_smile:

+1000 to this. @Saltypatra please pass along we want the exclamation point to go away after we click on in just like every other tab currently does.

19 Likes

More and more veteran players will quit! What is the highlight of this update?

Devs actually played their first game of Arena? Boo… Gems is dying…

7 Likes

The ad rewards are, well, no longer terrible. 15k gold for a 30 second ad that played while I poured myself a drink wasn’t too shabby.

7 Likes

Shrine: No Item Avaiable
This item currently unavaiable in your region. (PS4 EU)

No, it’s another update with nothing on offer but more P2W. I don’t see how this update adds much of anything to GOW.

It looks like GOW development is dead and all DEVS will offer going forward is cash money cash grabs. It’s about time for all of us to abandon GOW and move on…sad but true.

6 Likes

Could have been done at 44,000 overall renown. That’s where the lone bonus magic stat unlocks.

Good update for the low level players. Hope they find it useful too.

1 Like