5.1 Update

the 5.1 update doesnt mention the book of imperial deeds yet and the requirements are still show regular imperial deeds.

probably possible in the future.

Unrelated:

I actually really do like this Vault key change. It makes them feel rewarding to open. I’m just worried now that the game is going to be balanced way too much around the Vault keys.

1 Like

We have fixed the bug where Dead/Empty Guilds could be encountered in Guild Wars, where there are no members in the guild to fight against.

By far, the best one on the list.

8 Likes

Rewards haven’t changed, it just allows you to pick a higher difficulty for 20% extra gold/souls.

That’s because even +20% wont get you another one. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Seriously people are complaining about this??

Extra rewards in campaigns, both for free and paid.

Vault keys changed semi.

New gnome trackers for extra keys, bugs fixed, Campaign pop out updated as requested.

And yet, people still find a way to complain.

If you really dislike the game that much, uninstall it. The forums, and game, are better off without the constant negativity

24 Likes

Try restarting if on PC

GemsOfWar_MeTh12EImK

3 Likes

Did I leave out the general changes and bug fixes?

Oh wait, I didn’t.

This is my personal fave:

• We have fixed the bug where Dead/Empty Guilds could be encountered in Guild Wars, where there are no members in the guild to fight against. <3

Please keep in mind that this is a smaller update between major updates, and as such won’t include as many major changes.

17 Likes

Thank you so much. Great effort with the bugs. Improved Vault and rewards. Especially like the Kingdom levels and the extra 25% (twice) for Delve Hoards. Yup. Happy bunny here! :slight_smile: Thanks again.

2 Likes

Some quick feedback, in case it’s being collected:

Campaign UI fixes are incredible, especially for controllers/PS4. L1 to open campaign menu is greatly appreciated. Thank you for the quick turnaround time on these QOL changes following player feedback.

Imperial deeds were the bottleneck before, and the problem is even worse now. Imperial deeds make kingdom upgrading unfun and actively frustrating on every day that we log in and don’t see them on the AB. Please consider changes; you could add a weekly imperial deed offer (for gems) to the shop, similar to the glory → event key offer. Or drastically increase the droprate, or add them to an epic task, or add several to the campaign pass (if you must…). Where am I going to get 29 imperial deeds x 34 kingdoms? What is the timetable for this happening? Several generations?

Vault and gnome event changes sound amazing - reduced RNG and increased player agency. Thank you!

Crafting Books of Deeds at a rate of 50 deeds → 1 book means they’re basically impossible to craft. This seems deliberate, and like a way to paywall kingdom upgrades while claiming they’re freely available. I’m going to pick my battles and not complain about this; it’s clearly a decision made with marketing and not player enjoyment in mind, and that’s fine. Some games are much more predatory.

TL;DR: I was on the fence about buying the campaign pass, but I’m going to after seeing this update. Unhappy about the deed changes, but the update overall looks like a positive design direction.

10 Likes

Couldn’t agree with you more. Excellent observation. No need for those with that many personal issues here. The ‘problem’ is clearly with them.

4 Likes

nice to see (sarcasm) that this is still a thing lol

(Warlord 4 casual pvp stacked with the new hard vault battle difficulty)

no, the rewards aren’t extra with Warlord 4

1 Like

You somehow seem to think there are rewards in the free campaign. It’s actually just a partial refund of the resources players are required to spend as part of participating. If those “extra rewards” are on a similar level I’m having some doubts anybody will be able to afford getting them “for free”.

6 Likes

Extra rewards in campaigns, both for free and paid.

It’s not an extra reward if they put a new macguffin in specifically to reward you with it. “Extra rewards” would be “We realized that the rewards for campaign weren’t worth offsetting the time sink. As such, the free path now receives 300% more stuff and the elite pass receives 100% more”

Vault keys changed semi.

They shuffled some numbers around. I mean, yay?

New gnome trackers for extra keys

That is kinda nice. I figure that will be about 5~7 more keys every gnome weekend.

Campaign pop out updated as requested.

We requested it auto-complete and allow you to do them out of order. This is…meh?

bugs fixed

“I quit smoking, praise me!”

people still find a way to complain.

You must be new to the internet.

If you really dislike the game that much, uninstall it.

As a product designer, people who are upset with my product and care enough about it to give me feedback on what they think about my product, negative or otherwise, is incredibly valuable. An upset customer who comes to me with complaints is someone I can turn into a lifetime customer who will champion my company for years to come.

Telling people to quit in silence is not good for the health of the game and if you truly appreciate and love this game, then you would engage in dialogue with people, not tell them to shut up.

Also, it’s a game. If people want to vent about a game, let them. People are stuck in their homes with anger, tension and steam to burn. Griping about video games is one of the greatest outlets of angst we have as a species.

Anyways.

better off without the constant negativity

Well in that case I hope you have a fantastic night! May Queen Beetrix RNG ever be in your favor.

18 Likes

Nothing extra? :cry: It would have been perfect for the Scorpious Urskaya explore team they ruined.

While I agree on the feedback, just complaining without any comment on why you are complaining, or a constructive method of doing so, is less than useless.

You wanna give feedback, thats fine. Everyone has the right to do so.

Complaining about something, without any valid feedback, or anything at all really, is why most of the game refuse to use the forums.

6 Likes

Def in the game now:

20 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation.

2 Likes

Thanks. Wasn’t in my game despite reloading after the update. Now it is after a second reload.

Glad I didn’t waste keys the first time.

2 Likes

I asked for confirmation before I started using mine as well after seeing your comment lol

1 Like

Please keep in mind that this is a smaller update between major updates, and as such won’t include as many major changes.

You misspelled "Please keep in mind next patch we finally figured out how to attach medal configurations to teams and allow you to quickly swap between them as necessary. So while this patch isn’t the biggest in the world, it lays the groundwork for something that’s been a request since medals were put into the game and we have always agreed was the highest priority.

Also we’re adding the ability to give yourself a hi five once per day because we realize some of you may not have any friends."

1 Like