4.7.5 Update

Power management on any Android phone is at the discretion of the OEM. It’s one of the reasons why major Android releases take time to be made available for a particular model phone, or might never be made available at all. On many phones running Android 7.0+, the “restricted battery usage” setting will have no effect, because the phone’s OEM chose not to implement it. For devs to try to assert this to be the immediate solution to the problem is as nonsensical as having removed the QUIT button to begin with.

I am using an LG G7 ThinQ, and on my otherwise-idle phone, the battery will deplete at approx. 15%/hour with the GoW client in the background, and the only way for me to prevent that is to force-close the client.

2 Likes

I find it hard to believe that you didn’t go into the settings and adjust your battery control to this.

Not just for Gems of War, but all apps, by going under you battery settings or general app settings in regards to how apps interact with your battery.
But if it is the default setting for your phone then great. For most their basic phone does not start out that intuitive.

It is the default for this phone!

4 Likes

Whew…
Thank Joe Pesci that it’s harder now to miss this turd sandwich.

Lol Awryan, I just reached 1400 total Pet Mastery and got a… drum roll… Major Orb of Growth! Wooo! Then I went to my Guild Invasion and collected my Stage 10 rewards and got a… drum roll… Minor Orb of Growth!

Like, I get it, Zul’Goth uses 24 Major Orbs of Ascension, but dear god, the 6-10% drop rate on Ascension Orbs is insane, because they expect us to use them for Zuul’Goth AND to upgrade troops.

1 Like

Just to clarify, using the old quit button on Android was causing issues with crashing.

I am going to do my best to explain the situation, and why we removed the quit button.

There is a bug in the version of Unity we are using where the quit button functionality causes a crash, instead of closing the app. We have had a 4-5 time increase in crash reports on Android devices, which impacts a lot of things behind the scenes.

Unfortunately, we can’t just update to a newer version of Unity. Doing so would mean a significant amount of work (and re-work) due to the nature of game engines. Updating to a newer version can often cause significant bugs that then need to be found, tested, and fixed, alongside a host of other small changes and complications. I know a lot of you will tell us to just update to a newer version, and this isn’t an option at this point in time. To give you an idea of how much work this is, it would take the life cycle of one of our major updates to do so, and that doesn’t include fixing additional bugs.

So, how are we moving forward?

In time we will have to move to a newer version of Unity, and we are building this into our schedule. When we do, this bug will be fixed, and we will bring back the quit button.

For now, it will remain gone as it is bugged and causing crashing, but when we can implement it again and have it work correctly, we will do so.

4 Likes

I haven’t noticed yet that the protection of the game has been strengthened, maybe in the next patch or in the next one, in general, the main problem will not be resolved, as I understand it

This is the last time I will reply to you on this matter @Viet. We do not announce when we make changes to our protection or detection, as it alerts cheaters. This means they will start trying to find new ways to cheat, and change the way they hack the game, making them harder to find. We do regularly update our methods of finding cheaters in game, but will never make this information publicly available due to the reasons mentioned earlier. We still regularly ban players from our game, and will continue to do so.

7 Likes

yes then why did they both play and are these dishonest players playing? if you update protection

I have a list of people who with a hundred percent probability I can say that they are reading, and so they play played and will play

Should have been mentioned in the patch notes. It would of saved a lot of time and energy. And tickets that that the change was meant to reduce.

2 Likes

Now you know, Unity bug.

Remember the last bad Unity bug, the ‘memory’ leak that caused the game to hang progressively longer until the point you had to use the previously available quit button?

Now you don’t need the quit button as much :relaxed:

My state-of-the-art studio, Fifth Grade Developers, has considerable expertise in tracking down and resolving Unity bugs which have escaped the means of older-generation dev teams. We are happy to offer our assistance in these matters. At FGD, the player experience is our #1 priority!

3 Likes

Why can’t I find a web presence or any released apps attributed to the amazing studio you’ve flaunted a few times?

1 Like

Right now we are much more of a “make things work” studio than a beginning-to-end design studio. Once our first team graduates (high school), you’ll be hearing a lot more from us and about us, I’m sure.

2 Likes

Aside from the major growth I would be quite pleased with those results!

Thanks for fixing Infernal King and Harpys.
Why not giving Vash’ Dagon dispel (like Black Beast) with this patch
?
And why changing delve rooms in City of Thieves to an even lower reward outcome?

Huh? Not my experience from two quick Delves.

Rat Pack and Sunken Treasure is now in

I doubt you’d be pleased if you already had more than enough wisdom orbs.

For me every chaos orb is either Ascension, Clan or disappointment.

1 Like

My point was that this depends on your personal situation/preference as you demonstrate, so complaining about a “bad roll” on this forum isn’t very constructive.
If it happens overly frequent and/or the majority of players would agree that these rewards are worthless or insufficient rewards for the effort it’s a different story.