4.4 Update Patch Notes

I’m still aggravated about the new troop roles.

This addition serves no real purpose other than to prop up the “troop suggestion” feature, which is already best described as flimsy. But in the process we add yet another thing to the troop cards and to the collection menu, spaces that are already overcrowded - if you can’t find the “troop role” filter, you will have to scroll to see it like I do.

(If you’re going to add needless stuff like this to the card display, at least show the magic stat next to the other three! And color code them for the love of [the religious nonsense of your choice]!)

“Warrior” is still a wretched catch-all type that doesn’t really mean anything - filter by this one and you’ll find most of these troops don’t have much in common. Sapphira never one-shot a troop in her life but is down as “assassin” while well-known killing machines like Yao and Ketras are “warriors” (as well as TINA who should be either an assassin or a mage) - Stronghorn is an assassin despite scaling exactly how Ketras does and doing considerably less damage. And Black Beast - despite particularly pointed comments on my part - is still a “support” when all he does for his team is consume them, I mean seriously?

I know my comments and my exceedingly long list of suggested changes were noticed, because I was told as much and on inspection just now about half the list got changed (mostly, for that matter, to what I advised), but some of the more silly things have been left alone (like 90% of the Warriors).

And if “Dragon Eggs” is going to robotically be called a “warmaster” just because it summons something, then the rest of the rules-slash-guidelines should also be followed to the letter and troops that (conditionally or otherwise) do horrific damage should all be assassins and troops that merely do “some” damage should all not be assassins. But no. We get … whatever this is. Conditional 50-ish single target non-true damage is an assassination for end-gamers now, you heard it here first.

I definitely had some good things to say about this patch but for the life of me I can’t remember them anymore.

2 Likes