4.0 Patch Notes

“Not I,” said the duck.

1 Like

Good god FIX explosions back the way they were…NO ONE was complaining about it!!!

5 Likes

@Slypenslyde @RiverSong The update is now showing in the App Store for me.

2 Likes

The issue with the pets showing as unowned will be fixed in the next 24 hours. As you can’t get them without Renown, this won’t affect anyone before the fix goes out. (You will need some serious renown and the help of a faction event to get it, or be exceedingly lucky in the next 4 days.)

I guess this was due. I need to play for some time to see how I feel about it. Of course I enjoy explosion teams like everyone else. But I’ve also been concerned for some time that this just wasn’t really a game about moving gems on the board anymore, it was just mashing explosion spells.

6 Likes

Just to confirm, doing fraction team in Delve is definitely possible even with duplicate troops! ^^

2 Likes

I have to say the nerf to explosions was not needed. So many other things to worry about. No one was complaining about exploders. As a high level vip, I feel I might need to the a break from the game for awhile as a sign of boycotting.

5 Likes

After playing for 22 months. I’ve noticed that every update has a “catch”. For 4.0 this is no different. As much as I enjoy the Delves… It’s not worth the fact that all other matches will take longer now. If you thought it was OP, then reduce it from 70% to 65%.
Right now I feel like you made a drastic change so when you change it to 60% the community will somehow appreciate the buff after the nerf…Or…
Take doomskulls away. Just please stop adding stuff that we might enjoy, and then take away things we do enjoy. It’s getting old and is a bittersweet trend for all patches that I’ve experienced.

10 Likes

20% down seems like a lot. Been playing a little this morning with explosion troops. I think the 60% should be given a try.

9 Likes

Stop complaining everyone. If the mana gain from explosions stops Wizbang from endlessly refilling her mana, it was worth the reduction. Furthermore, it does reduce Infernus and Dragon Soul as well. So, all three troops are reduced in power a little.

4 Likes

Fizzbang could use a little toning down but Infernus has been nerfed already and The Dragon Soul has been needing a buff not a nerf. They have also made some troops that are made just for exploding useless Gorgotha, Abynissia, Ragnagord and hero weapons like Mountain Crusher. This whole explosion nerf feels like a way to nerf Infernus again without directly nerfing him.

8 Likes

Not often I say things that are overly positive on here.

This is a very good patch. eats hat

Introduces a new and challenging element (Delve), that will be interesting to figure out how to be most efficient with it. I’m sure we’ll see plenty of topics on this and hopefully some videos from @Tacet.

Nerfing explode to 50% was necessary. Especially when seeing Infernus refill himself >.<

Some really cool changes to troops. Especially Behemoth and Borealis!

5 Likes

This is totally my feeling.

I reckon if I check the majority of my teams they’re built around mass explosions to generate cascades.

After using Gorgotha in Delve I reckon I will move back towards converters now. Certainly, there was a noticeable difference in mana gains (no storms, so less cascades), dumb bomb explosions are a potentially a thing of the past.

Bringing converters and exploders on an equal footing is a good thing.

Edit: Wait, did I just read someone reckoned The Dragon Soul needed a buff!? :dizzy_face:

I can choose a weapon of any color in delves. Is this intended?

It is intended. The first version of the beta had color-locked weapons also (and was quite a challenge!) but the devs changed it and confirmed that the current state is what they want.

@Drathas, I found that converter-based teams can do well, but are hamstrung compared to their effectiveness in the overworld. Edit: Jainus explained the issue quite well here.

4 Likes

Yes I imagined they would be due to those bricks.

I used Gorgotha/Terraxis/Famine/Abynissia

In my delving so far.

So I guess having a mix would be good, otherwise you’re relying on a nicely placed doomskull. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the confirmation. Now I’m happy that I can bring Yasmine’s Pride in every matches for bonus no-dead challenge renown point! ^^

Best update yet. The subtle camera zoom and kingdom names during start up was a beautiful touch. Well done overall.

6 Likes

I gotta say that I totally agree in favor of the explosion nerf. It still generates a decent deal of mana and those hit too hard can be buffed to compensate over time. My delve team uses 3 exploders and still does fine.

While the troop changes are great, nothing could have made me happier than the scorp buff. A death buff would have been nice, but one troop at a time.

4 Likes

Yeah, they won’t though, what makes you think they would?

The Worldbreaker
•Now generates approximately 10 less mana per cast
•Mana cost reduced from 32 to 30

Ok.

2 Likes