3.0 Patch Notes

old war

new war
http://cdn.funnymeme.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Funny-memes-civil-war-canada.jpg :cry:

3 Likes

Do anyone know if the color bonuses will count with multiple of the same troop?
For the bonus for having more troops at the end, do summoned and respawned troops count towards the bonus?

My understanding is that

(1) the bonus points for color activate at the start of the match, and so do not care about summons (multiples should be okay)
(2) the bonus points for “quality of battle” activate at the end of the match, and do not care about how many troops you summoned over the course of the battle – only how many troops are alive at the end

Guildmate found definite answer to first question:

Oh I have a question.
Its about guild wars.
It says there is a penalty or something for each troop lost at the end
of the battle or something?
Is that calculated AFTER the battle finishes?
Or does it total it up during the battle?
Like if i lost my tank in #1 spot like 5x, do i get - points for each of
the 5 troops lost?
Does it even count past 4?
Like If I used Giant spider to spawn a 4th card back into slot 1 before
finishing the match, do I get the penalty still?
nimhain - Yesterday at 11:55 PM
It’s calculated after the battle finishes. So if you lose a troop but
cast a summoner to summon a new troop in, then finish the battle; you
won’t be lose points as you will have 4 troops.

4 Likes

Agree. I’d rather hoped that a rework would make them work, rather than just fiddle the numbers…

2 Likes

The nerf on Bone Dragon is no good at all, esp. because the skulls are created anywhere on the field which means the enemy has very good chances now to end up with better moves. Happened to me more then once now, and I’m ready to kick him off my team, because he’s not very much of help anymore. There is other troops that are much too strong like Death or Famine. And the really bad part about it is that one cannot even get them anymore. A lot of members of my guild have the same problem. Been playing for over a year and missing a lot of nice troop cards.

You need the newest update then

1 Like

IMO one of the cool things about the Bone Dragon adjustment is that it’s not really a nerf.

Yes, it creates fewer giant skull spams, BUT, it also strips less per turn meaning you can now cast BD multiple times on the same foe. In terms of strategy it leaves a lot of Skulls around, but I think there are new opportunities to explore different ideas like pairing Entangle troops with BD and other Skull creators like Skeleton and Skeleros and The Devoted and Guardians. I think there are expanded opportunities now to pair BD with other Skull spammers like Sheggra, Keeper of Souls, etc.

Bone Dragon can now be better-paired with troops that do AoE damage because they don’t step on each others’ toes as much. Hello to the new bro-mance of Terraxis and BD. I call them “Stones n’ Bones” and you heard it here first :wink:

There seem to be better strategy opportunities with troops that explode or remove skulls too (note the Carnex re-work). It should also decrease the “now what?” factor when playing with BD which is when you hit that “sweet spot” where your BD just NUKES the top troop but leaves really nothing left on the board, resulting in play severely stalling while Mana is gathered again for the next cast.

It’s just my opinion but I view it as less of a nerf, and more of an expansion of the utility of BD into more areas of the game while simultaneously reducing the annoying cheese factor. Time will tell of course.

######reason for edits: I hate it when I spell poorly. This and hashtag #stonesnbones

10 Likes

Is there a time frame when we are gonna see this on consoles?

Bine Dragon is now like IK, Sheggra, and every other card of the type. If you’re using him the same way you used to, you’re going to have trouble. You actually have to THINK about when to cast him now.

9 Likes

Excellent excellent post

I logged into @Lyya GoW Collection this morning to check up on my accumulated/required Arcane Collection and it noticed that my list of required mono-colored Arcanes jumped by 30 each. If accurate, it appears that our new Guild War troops for this cycle will have to be traited like Guild Guardians, resource-wise. Ouch!

1 Like

I don’t see how going from having to cast just once and wreck half a team or even more to “being able to be cast multiple times on the same enemy for more strategies nom nom” is not a nerf, but yeah BD is still a really good troop.
Otherwise good points lads. :wink:

1 Like

That’s how it appears, yes. Nothing is final until the troops are obtainable, but I wouldn’t expect another adjustment.

I object to the partwhere you said

Get real. Other than that, great comment.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

For defense, it’s a BIG nerf. He just requires thought now, he’s not automatic. Which of course means the AI has no idea how to use him.

3 Likes

All good, I was just being flippant, i actually meant it when i said ‘otherwise good points’ regarding BD now actually having to play together with the rest of his team, when before the only strategy involving BD was simply fire BD and clean up.
Not calling it a nerf when BD was quite literally halved in power (and still being really strong shows how absurd this troop was before) is just a bit of a stretch imho. :wink:

2 Likes

I know I’m just joking around too!

Sometimes I keep it dry, maybe too dry :laughing:

Disagreement and other people’s perspective are a good thing - I’ve always believed and said that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am so so so happy with the nerf to bone dragon. It is so wonderful to not see him in every single defense, and when I do see him I know he won’t kill half my full health team in one cast in 2 turns (most of the time at least). He still can kill your troop, he’s killed my front troop and moved on to damage my second troop many times, but it’s not the same as before where it’s impossible to come back from.

And it misfires at a decent chance now. Which before it never even stood a chance at it.

Even if this patch only changed bone dragon I’d call it a success!

2 Likes

Can anyone please answer this? I also want to know. Thank you.

@Sirrian @Nimhain

1 Like