2.1.5 Soul Farming Guide

My low level uses this:

Having a necromancy troop die in battle has finally been fixed and no longer affects how many souls you’ll get after battle, so you can kill off the zombies at your leisure. If the board looks particularly dry, you might want to try for a red match before tagging a zombie. Dragon Soul will often refill itself or elspeth, and elspeth can tag the other zombie. 2-3 casts on normal clears most teams.

Lots of discussion on here about teams that require a lot of traits or rares. Going back to the OP, and as a total newb to the game who’s still farming gold to level kingdoms up and finishing quests…

I tried the first team proposed in OP, but I found a couple of problems, way down in newbsville where I live. Giant Spider dies too quickly, gets no use out of half of his ability (spawning spiders) and has terrible fight for a first rank character, wasting a lot of opportunistic skulls. I tweaked the list like so:

Abyssal Banner
Warlock
Avina
Banshee
Giant Spider

All fairly easy to get; I had them all already. Abyssal fills Avina faster and more reliably. Overkill on purple is not a problem, since you almost always have a second purple creature to catch the extra. By putting Warlock in front, I have a bit more native fight for lucky / defensive skulls early in the match, and he is ablative; he’s only in the lineup to have necromancy and no one cares when he dies. Yes, he blocks some blue from the Giant Spider, but you only have to fill him once, since you’re never going to use his ability. Spider being in the back row means I can actually use his spawn power. I started with this lineup at fairly low level, and have been grinding questlines with it while levelling them up with the spoils. Seems like a good newb starter pack; I’m questing with it on Warlord I and fairly easily pulling 150+ souls/match. That may sound like chickenfeed to you higher-up folks, but for me, that’s paydirt.

Try Avina(1st trait)+Kerberos(3rd trait)+Acolyte(3rd trait)+Sacrificial Priest(3rd trait)

Ghulvania banner

Pop Avina twice, sacrifice her with a good chance of activating Kerberos’ 3rd trait for the Warg which shares colors with sacrificed troop and deals damage based on souls gained(100). Spam purple/red for dmg when available, blue for Acolyte to feed Kerb as secondary. Sac Priest can steadily sac 1st position for dmg. Ray Charles can play this on explore(normal) and bust off with 240 souls in 1-2 minutes on average. Literally, dont worry bout catching the best matches on board, just spam matches at red/purple>blue>yellow>brown>green. Get paid.

1 Like

Nice. I’d swapped to Kerberos already, since I got his third trait and discovered the Warg synergy (yes, I play a dirty Devour list against all those teams that outrank me by a couple of thousand points…) My Acolyte and Priest aren’t traited up yet, but I’ll check em out.

Does Kerberos’ ability trigger on the Sacrifice? Mine (PC) says “enemy”…

Hey ALL, if anyone is still looking for a good soul farming team that doesn’t include Pharos-Ra, I don’t think anyone has this combo out there yet and it’s hard to beat.

Acolyte - all traits
Dark Troll - no traits required
Soul Keeper - only first required but third sometime useful
Soul Keeper

It’s awesome, you can play at highest difficulty to maximize soul gain and the enemy has little chance to hit you because you gain lots of extra turns and absolutely decimate everything with skulls. Only down side is if you’re up against troops with skull damage resistance. Most battles are over in under a minute and currently I’m getting 400 souls per, obviously with armor and guild bonus. Try is out, cheers.

hI must be doing this wrong. Here is what I am using:

Wight/Ultra-rare(Blue)/Level 17, Traits 1+2
-Steals life to heal and damage, creates gems AND Gains 10 souls per use. (More than Valkyrie)

2X Warlock/Rare(Green)/Level 15, Traits 1-3
-Necromancy and Human, extra Magic for all 3 blue allies, deals damage and removes the purple gems that Wight creates.

Acolyte/Ultra-rare(Blue)/Level 17, Traits 1-3
-Necromancy and Human filler currently. Bonus souls, removed two skill points from enemies, and can create mana for Warlocks if no viable moves otherwise.

Soul meter goes to 100. If I fill that, I got about 320 souls. I use the flag that matches the Wight. Difficulty is only set to hard

If I fight spiders that keep spawning, or kill everything with the Wight, I can get 600 souls. Maybe not as fast, but as easy.

Proof of concept:

Edit: This fight took me 1:54 on 3X speed.

Wights souls are based on its magic stat. A higher stat results in more souls. This is true for all troops that have the wording soul(s) as opposed to souls, which are static.

In theory you can go faster than your are now by increasing your magic stat. I got to 20 souls per cast once

1 Like

I really appreciate the help and time you have taken to explain. I tried using my maxed out Kerebos instead of the Wight, but he was just too slow.

The magic stat is increasing because I am trying to get my kingdoms up that increase it. I am kind of learning as I go. Level 110 or so now, wishing I had learned earlier.

I don’t have Pharos Ra, or some of the other Mythics but I did just start using my soul forge. (I assume that’s the only wa to get him now.)

It is the only reliable way currently.

2 Likes

Don’t blame me. The forums suggested this topic.