You know Pokemon Go came out when

whats up with all this Pokemon crap? some Months ago it was
embarrassing to talk about Pokemon but know i see Youtube Videos with 30 Year old People posing in front of 100 Pokemon Stuffed Toys.

seriously? Dragonball ,One Piece is good Stuff but Pokemon ? come one thats kid stuff. This Guy named Ash didnt even age in 20 Years

1 Like

Kid stuff? Some people would say that about GoW. Just sayin’. :stuck_out_tongue:

I proudly caught a couple of Pokemon on my walk to the duck pond today before firing up GoW. #blerds

3 Likes

That is because everything that takes place in the show is in a very short time. Yes days pass but not very many. He does not age because inside the show only about a year or so has happened. Most episodes happen in one day. Think of pokemon yellow as the first season of pokemon. You can get through it in one day. This is how ash has not aged.

New game has come out, light on the “game” but very unique, and has people excited to actually physically move. Win in my books.

Depends on which circles you walk. I’ve never felt a need to hide my passions. Pokemon was never “embarrassing” in my recollection.

These are just as ripe for belittlement as Pokemon is. Which is to say, in the eye of the beholder.

5 Likes

no of course not if i would have wrote ‘’ oh Pokemon is so great ‘’ 1 Year ago
you would have laughed at me

Clearly you do not know me very well.

3 Likes

Maybe if you said that 25 years ago yes maybe we would have laughed at you. It is 23 years old mate not 20 as some adverts would like you to beleive and that is just the first pokemon game and not the first manga.

i broke out my gameboy emulator less than a year ago to play blue… and red… at the same time :smiley:

2 Likes

and tomorrow ? i can catch a new Member here with a Pokeball?

That sounds bad, not all furries are ok with pokeballs, even though we know what goes on in a pokeball.

When people start using boats for not recreation purposes. (why are pokemon in the water?)

1 Like

You do realize Pokemon Go is the very definition of “recreation,” yes?

1 Like

Some people have made a job out of it. usually you use boats for fishing or boating but pokemon going?

Some people are flying to other continents because it’s rumoured some Pokemon can only be found there.

I could see that.One way to find out is to use something like this.

Those sites have now been banned because Niantic issued cease and desists.

Niantic did a MASSIVE F-D JOB today. They screwed their players, made a bunch of ninja changes, removed all tracking in the game and they are refusing to issue a statement of any kind and aren’t responding to anyone’s inquires.

The game is now the WORST rated game on the App Stores and people are requesting refunds by the hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

@Sirrian, any input from a developer’s view? Off the top of my head, Niantic was simply grossly underprepared for over 90 million players.

@TaliaParks, yes, actually.
I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Niantic, because we’ve been through some similar issues here, albeit on a much smaller scale.

As a Pokemon Go player myself, I’m kinda cranky at them, but as a dev, I just really want to give them a hug and help them out.

Niantic are doing something quite new, and they’re doing it on a scale that only Blizzard, Riot & Valve (and maybe a couple of others) are really dealing with in the gaming space. All of those companies have had some pretty brutal growing-pains too. Outside of the gaming space other companies DO deal with this scale, but traditionally game teams are small-ish, usually rushed & a little stressed, and combined with the speed of growth of Pokemon Go, I think you get a perfect storm for things to go wrong.

I think they might have been wise to hire some REALLY strong community management folk, and start building a good rapport with their playerbase so they could push through this period with less stress. To me, it seems this was inevitable. But, you know, I’m just kinda being Captain Hindsight here.

Anyway, personally, I understand their plight quite well. So I’m cutting them a bunch of slack while they sort their stuff out. I’ve taken a bit of a break from Pokemon Go, but will surely get back to it in a month or two.

12 Likes

From what I understand, Niantic lost their PR rep before Pokemon Go’s and didn’t replace them.

Also, the current version of Pokemon Go is 0.32 or something. Doesn’t that indicate it’s a Beta? I’m enjoying it so far, hope the issues resolve and the game expands and not dies because of this.

The game and the servers certainly weren’t ready for public release, but the demand was there. People enjoy the game enough as it is, despite its faults, and it will hopefully get better. Forbes has an interesting interview with John Hanke that’s worth reading. Here’s a relevant tidbit:

We expected tens of millions of users to sign up and create accounts…. Based on our projections, we got, in the first two weeks, somewhere we expected we’d get sometime by the middle of next year.

I don’t see how they’ve “screwed their players”, but maybe I’m not fully aware of the recent changes. I doubt the step indicator has been removed permanently, but it’s better for it not to be there if it’s not working. They’re a small team, and any time spent responding to inquiries is time not spent on improving the game. The external tools were bad for the game, both in terms of player behavior, and in terms of excess server load, which hurt the user experience. The balance changes seem overall positive. There’s an awful lot of noise on the internet, but are there any valid complaints? Would someone care to summarize?

One issue that some users and I have is that in rural areas where there are hardly ANY pokestops, we have to spend way more money than everyone else. I deleted it and don’t plan to play again unless this gets fixed. IMO they would be better off doing the pokestops AND giving people free stuff when they log-in once a day like GemsofWar does. :slight_smile: I know F2P games involve spending money, but when I can literally go through $10-$20 bucks a day just in poke balls that is a no go for me.

Some other issues are server related mostly. I’ve lost several good pokemon and pokeballs to server issues. Server issues are to be expected though. The amount of hacks out there for this game isn’t good either. Most people are using some outside source to upload all the pokemon into the pokedex now, instead of actually waiting to find the pokemon. Then there’s the cheat that lets you go anywhere in the world, in the game, without actually going anywhere in real life, lol. It’s a mess and I don’t envy the developers.

1 Like