Witches in Britches

Are people really exaggerating this much about facing BD in pvp? Does anyone check defense win rate of people who have BD setup? It’s very low so I don’t get what’s wrong? Geez stop it already, if there’s a troop you don’t like fighting, skip it, but make no exaggeration about it showing up every single time. It’s not happening.

2 Likes

Some people are just love to exaggerate things. Like those who claims that 80% of their enemy they face in PvP are Bone Dragon. That’s just bullshit. Yesterday, I wrote down all my enemies I fought in my PvP. Out of 27 PvP battles, BD (either MMDB deck or any variation of it) only appears in 7 of those battles. EK even made more appearances by showed up in 8 battles. BD deck is easy to counter anyway, there are many troops/deck that can counter them. It’s more like some people have personal issue with BD. But I do agree that BD is a bit undercost in mana. It’s not like that he’s overpowered game-breaking troop that can’t be countered at all.

Here is the graph for defense-troop usage over the last week as Sirian posted above

This constant complain about BD in almost every thread is starting to get annoying.

2 Likes

Very, especially when people make stupid claims of facing him 80% of the times. I get almost exactly results like you. In 30 battles I might encounter him about 10 times, usually less, never more. I don’t remember the last time I lost to that team.

If you always go against the hardest target, most matches I face have a manticore bone dragon or emperor k.

Typically there is a lower option. But for someone who wants to go against the hardest match you will see those teams all the time.

When I’m going through my weekly seals , I do thencheesy defence so I don’t have to see those troops nearly as much. It has improved my gems of war life tremendously.

Those troops I mentioned are just so annoying that they ruin the fun of the game for a lot of people. It’s not about winning or losing it’s about playing a game to have fun not to be frustrated when one low cost bone dragon gets its mana in two turns and manticore wipes half your team. Not fun or engaging.

Based on that alone changes need to be made.

You see these troops so often that the frustrated feeling never fades and you see the troop again, even if it’s three battles later, and it feels like you just fought it a second ago.

Don’t trivialize people’s opinion or get mad at someone who is frustrated by these teams. That says more about you than them.

3 Likes

You say not to trivialise, but if you look in htismaqe’s other thread both zookeeper and I logged our 3 trophy battles for 14 battles and disproved the notion that manticore and bd are appearing together in that frequency.

None of the people that claim it is “most 3 trophy battles” have even attempted to prove otherwise.

Anyway, manticore is getting nerfed in less than 5 hours so hopefully everyone will be happy… until the next meta appears…

Here is my post

2 Likes

Matchups are not statically pooled, too many variables to take your example as the statistic.

I literally do not know what that means. Yes, it was two small sample sizes. But 14 games from 2 players is a reasonable amount to show its not “most”, and it’s definitely not 80℅ as some have claimed. And no-one has tried to show otherwise.

It means the pvp pool isnt static. It has many variables so one persons (you) recordings are not representing anything but your own pool.

2 Likes

It’s low because a lot of people probably quit the match. It’s possible to win after BD nukes your first two troops with one cast. It’s also possible that match could take TEN minutes.

Then ask the Devs to fix it. Because he’s broken BY THEIR OWN ADMISSION. So until they fix it this is the way it’s going to be.

So me not wanting to waste my time = I’m lying? That’s BS logic and you know it. Just for you I will reset my defense team and give you a list

Here you go. My defense team power = 8506. I’m going to just single out troops that are currently considered OP/meta, focusing on Bone Dragon.

First offer:
EZ: None, MD: Khorvash / Courage, HD: 2 x Manticore

2nd offer:
EZ: BD, MD: Mab / BD, HD: Khorvash / Mab / Manticore

3rd:
EZ: 1-troop (Sacrifice), MD: BD, HD: BD

4th
EZ: 2 x Manticore / Deep Borer / BD, MD: BD / Mab, HD: BD, 2 x Courage

So there you go. 12 offers, 7 containing Bone Dragon. And that’s almost immediately after switching away from my 1-troop defense. I’m not spending any more gems to get new offers and I’m certainly not wasting all the time it would take to beat those BD teams.

WAh Wah Wah. I only want to win in 1 minute is what I take from your post above.

2 Likes

Well you’d be wrong so there’s that. I don’t mind long matches at all, especially when they are actually challenging.

Nuclear war doesn’t require any skill at all. Just push the red button and boom.

What’s wrong with wanting to win in 1 minute or less? I got shit to do!

I need to plow the fields, plant the crops, watch tv, walk my dog, feed my fish, run 4 miles, check the mail, sometimes take a shower, eat, wash the dishes, mow the grass, smoke the grass.

I don’t see a whole lot of time for gems in there, do you?

2 Likes

BS!!!

You just stated that you don’t want to waste your time playing against those defence teams!!! :joy:

You’re confused.

Because they’re NOT FUN. How hard is it to understand that I’m sick of seeing Bone Dragon in nearly every match? It’s not about troop power or wins/losses AT ALL. You’ve completely missed the point.

God Bless the Explore Mode. And don’t tell me about that major gold loss, I already know that.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve been playing Explore and Arena the last couple of days. It’s too bad that my guild suffers a massive loss of gold because PVP is so repetitively boring…

Nope. Even in a previous post you stated you still win after losing two troops yet railed against that possibly taking TEN minutes.