The anti-meta is the new meta...and it's even more boring

I’m getting deja vue from the ‘invisible threat’ topic. Sorry if this over as harsh, but let me get this straight:

You deliberately set your defence team to one troop so that you encounter weaker defence teams, and now you are unhappy that you are encountering weaker defence teams with one troop?

Soooo maybe don’t set your defence team to one troop? I’m not trying to be rude but surely it’s that simple?

My defence team is rated at 8.5k. I really don’t feel like I’m only getting the Manticore/Bone Dragon teams. I’ve just looked through my battle log (and then played a few games) to see if my experience matches @ZooKeeper. I’ve picked the 3 trophy option for all of these battles, and I am not consciously avoiding the manticore/BD team as I don’t find it that hard to beat with Gorgotha/Giant Spider/Kraken/Kerberos.

So, here are my most recent 14 battles:

Spider Swarm / Black Beast / Goblin Shaman / Giant Spider
Manticore / Manticore / Giant Spider / Bone Dragon
Draakulis / Emperor K / Valkyrie / Kraken
Humility / Lady A / Webspinner / Plague
Emperor K / Lion Prince / Manticore / Amira
Wraith / Courage / Bone Dragon / Famine
Gorgotha / Valkyrie / Emperor K / Death
Emperor K / Valkyrie / Queen Mab / Mercy
Manticore / Famine / Famine / Famine
Manticore / Manticore / Deep Borer / Bone Dragon
Emperor K / Valkyrie / Justice / Queen Mab
Manticore / Manticore / Deep Borer / Bone Dragon

Whilst the meta defence is clearly still alive with Manticore appearing at least once in 5 battles, and Bone Dragon appearing in 6 battles, they only appeared together 3 times and there are still 7 battles where neither appeared. And the only time I fought the same battle twice in a row, it wasn’t the manticore / BD team but actually the intrim defence team de jour which is wraith, courage, BD and famine. And this is just with me picking the 3 trophy option - if I was trying to avoid Manticore or Bone Dragon I would have had two other choices of teams to invade. And for what it’s worth I am undefeated so far this week.

IMO the meta isn’t as prevalent as some people make it out to be.

7 Likes