Witches in Britches

Looking at the orange and purple parts of the graph (level 200+) where the most of the people are you can see that Valkyrie is in the lead, followed by Khorvash (no surprise there) with Bone Dragon and Queen Mab sharing third spot with Manticore to round up top 5.

Sorry for the misunderstanding… in this case it would register the attacker’s level (which is 499), so +1 Bone Dragon in the 200-499 range. With this data we’re checking what players of a given level are FACING. As it turns out, it’s pretty much identical to what players of a given level are USING ON DEFENSE, so we no longer bother tracking that data separately.

3 Likes

Okay thanks.
You could also have slight difference depending if the players farm 1-trophie PVP battles or 3-trophies PVP ones.

Please :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Night Hag looks… interesting. Halving a skill in itself kind of scales against itself – if the skill is low to begin with, then it does very little, if a skill is high enough to be a threat, halving it is going to be more powerful, but half the original value is still probably pretty threatening. If which skill was decreased was reliable, then you could make intelligent targeting decisions. Given that it’s randomly attack or magic, chances are it won’t do what you need it to in a bad situation. Transforming the enemy into a Giant Toad… Probably less threatening than whatever was transformed, but also probably going to be annoying, since it will randomly mess with your lineup.

Speaking of Giant Toad, I like it thematically, and it’s a nice addition to beast teams, but I think Khopeshi’s better. Better in general (lower mana cost), and better specifically as a counter to Bone Dragon (Stun). Is there a reason people aren’t using him? Does the stun or the pull happen first? The only thing that might be better is a pull + mana drain or pull + entangle.

Lion and Tiger appears to pull, then stun and damage, which is why it fails under some conditions. The description for Giant Toad suggest that maybe it damages first, then pulls, so perhaps it will be more reliable.

So what you’re saying is that it doesn’t count battles that are skipped, and thus isn’t representative of what people are actually fielding on defense. The meta defense is thus going to be underrepresented on your graph.

2 Likes

True dat… Iam actually skipping most fights against Bone Dragon - when the enemy team has it, I do a 1 trophy or 2 trophy battle instead.

1 Like

I love night hag but you devs do realise nobody will use these troops for as long as devour is in the game right?

Actually, halving the attack on a troop who just did a succesful devour… pretty much undoes the attack buff.

1 Like

Night Hag is an excellent troop for Explore. Halving enemy attacks and magics can really turn an otherwise impossible match-up into a more manageable one.

Yes, War, I’m looking at you. You’ve costed me enough matches…

@Sirrian, your stats are almost unbelievable. If a lowly peon as myself can recommend a change, please review the data by the PVP power. With the level increase and the cap increase the difference between 500 and 1000+ is laughable. Additionally, the MMDB has been everywhere. To the point where people (like myself) have been so frustrated we set the same defense.

This is getting even more off-topic, but @Sirrian I bet it would be enlightening if you were to look at the stats of the teams in the higher-difficulty slots when a lower difficulty opponent was selected. So if someone chose the middle PVP option look at what was in the rightmost one, or if they went with the one-trophy fight see which 2 teams they skipped. Ten bucks says the incidence of Manticore and Bone Dragon and Mab would shoot through the roof.

No idea if you have that sort of data available, but if so there’s a ready made “player base frustration” metric right there.

That’s my professional data analyst opinion, anyway. I make a living pulling relevant trends out of gigabytes of raw data, and that’s where I would go. Just a thought. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Because yeah, this is pretty much every single time I go into PvP. It’s go one-star or spend some gems.

I would love to get that as my 3T match, rather than manti BD

It’s weird, I rarely run into Manticore but hit EK / Mab / Valk every. Freaking. Time. And speaking of which, here’s another.

Mine is more varied. Here’s my latest lineup:

I don’t mean to be rude but posting a single screenshot doesn’t prove much. Have you tried logging it to see how frequent it really is? With all due respect it could be confirmation bias.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but aren’t a lot of people skipping Mantibores defense now?

I know I have been. And I’ve been using a very low defense so I don’t even see it.

Just saying that the chart has a flaw because it’s just saying what’s most fought not what’s most used. Maybe I misread. Most used is what people are complaining about. Most fought is different.

7 Likes

I mean… This is… I don’t even know what to say to this. You set it yourself because you see it everywhere?

It’s not that effective for you though is it? Your win ratio on defence is less than 1 in 5 (I looked as I just got matched with you). This suggests many people have an effective team to beat MMDBBD.

4 Likes

No defense line up is effective, the AI only wins with RNG or bad players. This is the only way to effect change as you can see from the above posting of the usage graph as a critical decision in not completing a nerf.

1 Like

I can only agree with this.
Bone Dragon is the main reason why I have currently set my defense to 1 unit. Just to avoid the endless queue of Bone Dragon based teams I (almost) exclusively see in high level PVP. It had gotten to the point that I was considering to quit playing PVP last week but then I read about the 1 troop defense exploit to get more varied PVP.

It’s a sad day for the state of the game if I have to resort to an exploit to avoid being bored to death by playing the game… :frowning:

3 Likes

Yep, my thoughts exactly. If it only shows the battles fought that’s not an accurate view of the defence teams we face, as many people skip meta bore teams.

2 Likes

I like PvP games that are good contests, the ones that go right to the wire with just one troop left on each team. Unfortunately those games seem few and far between these days. I find myself either smashed out of the game by Bone Dragon, annoyed by Manticore/Khorvash/Famine, or playing easy 1-trophy matches to avoid those troops. It’s not particularly fun to be honest. :confused:

2 Likes