Witches in Britches

Dumb question - Attack teams are not who we fight in PVP then…it’s the defend team?

Yup, that’s what the defense team is for. Allows people to have a strong defensive line up and still have flexibility on attack. There was a bug right after the PVP rework that caused defense teams to be changed to attack teams… it caused a lot of grief :stuck_out_tongue:

While we’re on the subject on Knight Coronet, I think it’d actually be pretty cool if he scaled more efficiently to higher levels. Perhaps that’s a conversation for the buff threads though…

See what I did there? #Merica

@sirrian show the graph for level 500+ only? Or level 1000+ only?

And yay new troops… oh, another transform effect… joy…

Nice graph ;-). I have some advices:

1. you classify according to the level of the defenser. Why? You should classify according to the level of the invader: what we want to know is when one player invades what the probability that one Bone Dragon (or another troop) will be in the defense team. It should be slighty the same because the invader and defenser generally belongs to the same category.
  2. did you mix the 3 different PVP difficulties (easy/medium/difficult)? If yes, you should separate them because the pool of troops are different for each one.
  3. the choice of the 5 categories seems to be done according to the number of players (~20% of players in each category). Is it possible to have a category 900+? Just in case :slight_smile: .
  4. is it possible to have a graph for each category, please?

Yeah Sirrian, can you spend 2 hours showing us charts please?

5 Likes

Are impervious troops immune to the transform effect? I didn’t test when Toadstool was released.

1. If the numbers are based on the defense team then the difficulty is meaningless, as it’s entirely subjective to the player in question. What might be a hard defense for one person would be easy for other.

2. The number of people in the high levels (above 500) is actually really small if I recall correctly, and the impression on the forums is skewed because they’re the people who are passionate about the game and there for post a lot.

They shouldn’t be. It’s not a status effect, devour or mana burn. Impervious should do exactly what it says.

Currently that seems to mean immune to everything… or almost everything… there’s no consistency - it prevents devour but not insta-kill? status effects but not transformations? hmmm I get that for balance reasons it doesn’t need to block those (that would make a bad problem worse) but there’s not much logic or theme to it… (recall - we only ended up with Impervious blocking so much because for some reasons devs declined to simply balance down Maw and Mab)

NB: not disagreeing with you, just complaining :smiley:

1 Like
  1. I was talking about the 1-trophy, 2-trophies or 3-trophies battles (the 3 choices that you have when you clicked in the PVP mode) that I thought are called easy/medium/hard.

2. yes I know. But this graph was to “satisfy” the players that you described.

think a lot of ppl just got used to valk or didnt feel like thinking of a new defense

will that frog be useful with forest guardian / wulf? :smiley:

hag looks interesting but a bit high mana cost :s

I meant exactly what it says in the description, not the trait name. If we go that route, I could disagree with half the traits/spells names.

As for what it should block, the devs made it clear that it blocks whatever is convenient for them, not just what fits thematically. Surely you remember the noise that was made when they added devour and MB.

2 Likes
  1. how on earth would it be more relevant to show invading player options instead of what the options actually are. They have data on what every player has set as their defense team, don’t believe they have data on 3 opponents you are facing right now. And even if they did, which 3 you faced in the invade before the current one.
  2. @Ozball said exactly that. I might get level 500 as an easy option. You might get it as a hard option. Depending of the team you are using to invade same player can be found in all 3 categories. Heck I find the same player jumping around from 1 trophy to 2 trophy options all the time.
2 Likes

Yup… sad but true…

Actually I don’t think they record this constantly or by routine… @sirrian has said before it’s convenient only to log the defence teams in actual battles, not what’s been set up or what rolls in the matchmaking…

Got this now, and looking carefully, yes, the art is excellent, very nicely done that one… and reminds me my in-laws are coming for Xmas soon…

I think it’s pretty rude of the Night Hag to go around stealing the souls of innocent people who happen to live in the same kingdom as her murderers. If they’re stuck in Darkstone they probably have it pretty bad already, they don’t need some drowned ghoul coming after their souls.

yet to see that troop incoming, perhaps the merchants are merely a story instead

I just remind that Sirrian was answering to someone that was complaining about the meta and Bone Dragon.
So my comments were about that this graph does not answer exactly this problem which is: when I invade how much % to see Bone Dragon?

Did you miss this information? If this graph is based only on the defense team of each player and not the instances of each defense, I would agree with you.

1. It means if a player level 499 invades a level 1000+ and this one use Bone Dragon it will add +1 to Bone Dragon category 500+. What I suggest it’s in the same situation add +1 to Bone Dragon category 201-500 which is different (agree?). This graph doesn’t means: when a player level 500+ invades, Bone Dragon will appear X%. But it means: players level 500+ uses X% Bone Dragon in their defense.
    I talked about the fight that one player did not about the 3 choices… When you launch a fight devs should have an information like that “DonBoba with troop1/troop2/troop3/troop4 versus turintuor troop1/troop2/troop3/troop4”. I was talking about that.

2. I was assuming the case that the graph is done according to my first point (sorted by the level of the invader and not the defenser). Sorry about the confusion ;-).

3. can we have the scale of the graph, please?

4. can we have the end-right part of the graph (to see which poor troops are never used), please?

1 Like

yeah id also like to see scale for invader level please

actually, even just for the defender level, look at the purple 500+
they r used just as often

1 Like

Well you have on how many Def teams you have him so you can work with that. Like Ann pointed out you have double more chance to meet valk then BD.