Who flipped the "F*** You" switch?

@Gouki is right. The situation is not the same as being described by Console players, or else we’d see the emergence of the same meta. We have not.

Regardless, I don’t think it benefits the conversation at all to keep repeating “I told you so,” considering the PC/Mobile player base is more diverse than you seem to be implying. Some people have been sympathetic to console voices, others less so.

I confess, personally, that I was wrong in my assumptions that the devs were leaving drop chances to chance, however. Now that they’ve confirmed that they toy with “randomness,” and not evenly between player and AI, any statement linking a given run to “recall bias” is tenuous; it’s tricky, because recall bias certainly is a thing, but the shadow of doubt lingering over the game’s RNG no longer makes it easy to dismiss outliers. Of all the revelations we’ve ever been given about how the game works internally, this one is the most unfortunate, as the assumption of fairness, now broken, will remain broken in perpetuity.

13 Likes

He might be right in one respect, and if you agree fine, but I’m also right. The amount of footage recorded was such a small percentage it was hard to to formulate much of an opinion unless you were on the receiving end day after day, week after week etc etc.

Oh, I’m not debating that. Sampling gameplay would need to be done algorithmically, and by someone able to mine the metrics properly. Videos are just anecdotes in multimedia form.

2 Likes

The console players really haven’t been saying ‘I told you so’ often, at all. There really isn’t any need, there was never any doubt that there is a problem.

From the moment that the devs said that the AI does not get unfair drops it was clear that there is a bigger issue at hand. This mess is intentional.

I took 3 months off and the day I chose to come back and play, I actually played on console and pc. They aren’t exactly the same, but very very similar.

I couldn’t believe how differently it felt compared to when I played before.

Of course you can still win often enough, but it also feels like if you make a wrong mistake or two you will be severely punished for it. Despite all the tricks to make it 50/50 between the AI and player, I feel it has ruined what once was fine.

70/30 seems a more appropriate split, but of course it’s all subjective.

2 Likes

I am not sure why you focus on that point, as i said i was sympathetic to console players back then and did believe cascades behaved differently on their system. So we are in agreement about this.

All i am saying is what is on PC now is nothing like that, the problems are quite different. Cascades aren’t nearly as bad as console players used to describe it(and videoproved it) and i’d assume if PC play actually was like console used to be, the outrage over cascades would be much greater.
However PC also has another problem right now which is the severe undertuning of gem spawners basically making a lot of troops close to useless, and those issues kinda get mixed together in these threads.

1 Like

Fair enough. I suppose it’s going to be a while before everything gets sorted out because of the length of time console approval takes too. Just because the pc version is ok, (if it was fixed tomorrow), doesn’t mean it’d be in the next console update, which has probably already been submitted, so us lot could be a good couple of months away from a fix.

The only difference I have noticed is that after an exploder f.example Gorgotha is exploding the board it can leave the boards perfectly for the CPU to get some extra turns etc. So this makes at least the exploder troops a little more vulnerable than before. I have been enjoying the game more than before because of this. Yes to every small thing that makes this game a little more challenging.

1 Like

That’s because you’re a glutton for punishment Eika. :joy:

The cascades are def. different. You can win no problems, but there’s more consequences. Some will enjoy that, some won’t.

Just the way it go. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just to be clear, the devs never mentionned there was a gem drop problem on console, they said the gem creator doesn’t overwrite the old gems on the board, this is 2 different problem

They didn’t say there was a problem because they can get away with it on console. There definitely is one.

Lol bro they spended a week to test it and they said the players was little bit more lucky then AI

You have to be joking.

Is it true or false? I don’t really care, for me the real problem always been the gems creator, this is the reason why we see that stupid justice league everywhere, i can’t wait to see all the broken troop abusers cry because they can’t infinite loop anymore. The cascade are not a problem, yeah sometime it suck but it’s not something that happpen in every battle, you can’t win them all.

The current issues are a combination of the gem creation error and the cascade nonsense. It is quite difficult to determine how much each impacts the end result.

However, Justice was not an issue before these cascades started. He was irrelevant.

New fave thread. :joy: :zipper_mouth_face: :smirk:

3 Likes

This thread is amusing because the OP mentions his/her defense team being unusually effective. First time I ever saw someone complaining on behalf of the people losing to a defense team. (Edit: I felt this way too, on mobile, around the time 3.0.5 came out. Maybe just a run of luck, or maybe a change I made myself, or maybe not related to Unity at all.)

2 Likes

Really hating the game this week, I like to test new teams but unless I put Gorgotha or Stonehammer or an Event troop in front, the front troop dies in 1 or 2 turns due to the EXCESSIVE skull spam. I can go 8 turns and get hit with skulls at least 8 times.

To confirm what a joke skull spam is now, I put a team of 4 exploders with minimal damage together, and just looped explodes. Won the match due to falling skulls.

This is a completely different game now, even more useless troops, even more grief pvp teams…playing less and less now.

UPDATE: Shutting it down until reset, no PVP. Will just use my PVP team for GW next 3 days.

6 Likes

the gem spawners are just the little part of the problem I think. If they tune it back the result would be that you would be sacked by gemspawner teams too because of the ridiculous skull and gem cascades that the comp gets now.

the problem is that the game feels like more random and out of hand now than before. It kills the enjoyment for me.

3 Likes