What's your fastest invade team? ***UPDATED - check 1st post ***

Courage is blocked too much and there’s no flow. I’ll try behemoth instead.

1 Like

In all the sharing of personal preferences, one thing comes to mind and it’s that there’s no “best” or “fastest” team, it’s all dependent on so many factors not least of which is the personal play style of each gamer. I for example, have a very low tolerance for RNG so I stick with troops that have mana transform or subtract, but not add. I think personal preference is a meta-level of strategy that not a lot of people discuss :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sheggra, Infernal King, Courage, Mercy just does not work for me. At all. Like 5 losses in 7 matches. Even with a Mercy alignment on turn one I wouldn’t reliably be able to follow up with King. Then opponent either DT’d Sheggra, filled famine, drained with Khorvash, or a host of other things.

4 Likes

It doesn’t matter if Courage is blocked. He’s only there for he 3rd trait.

I will give War a try. I’ve been trying to find a way to use that useless POS for months. LOL

Wow, I haven’t even lost Sheggra yet, let alone lost a match. :pray:

Dire wolf
Forest Guardian
Stargazer
Sylvanimora

Banner of song,

holy moly this team rocks

My biggest fear with Sheggra, IK, Courage, Mercy at least on Xbox is that half the teams I PvP against have Sylvanimora. Seems risky playing a skull spam team that can get rooted.

Which is why I started with Behemoth (impervious).

1 Like

It’s kind of a gambit of a team. You’re looking to nuke early and hard. If you’re entangled early, courage’s trait will still raise your life.

The whole Mercy->IK combo is fun. Mercy can help slow down Bone Dragon, but realistically, Bone Dragon is still silly fast endgame. This is why things like Manticore, Couragex2, Bone Dragon, work for grinding high level PvP.

Classic Maw-Mercy(-IK-Sheggra) is hilariously strong this week with the double bonus on Maw.

I have also been running Green Seer Giant Spider 2x Kraken.

Mercy Alchemist Hellcat Gard is also still good.

Finally, I’ve brought back my old Dragon Soul team because it has Sylvanimora to stop that freaking irritating Wraith lead I keep seeing. Sylva - Dragon Soul - Shadow Dragon - Venbarak - Abyssal Banner: covers all colors, three AOE troops, two extra Magic Links on the latter two.

2 Likes

I’ve been using the first two. I have a Gard team but one that’s a bit faster than the permaloop team.

I will have to try those dragons.

So what’s the faster Gard team?

I’m using

Celestasia
Dragon Soul
Sylvanimora
Dragon Soul

With Vampire’s Banner (Purple-Red)

All troops are mythic and fully traited.
Celestasia is there simply for when things go south.
Dragon Soul spamming will keep all team with full mana at all times and always bring max souls from each PvP match
Sylvanimora is there for the additional AoE damage and skull negation.

Imho i tried many Dragon combos and this team composition seems to do the trick against all teams i’ve encountered so far.
You will rarely lose a troop due to Maw lucky first turn mana surges and cascades.
Otherwise this team is solid as the Rock and fast like the Flash :smiley:

I don’t think there is a more safe / relaxed / fast and efficient team that can go against anything in the current meta.

2 Likes

Honor (must be fully-traited0
Apothecary
Gard
pick-em between Hero with Black Manacles (for cleanup) or Mercy (to pre-charge Gard)

Honor buffs Gard so much that his first cast usually wipes.

1 Like

Hmm, I tried that team before settling into the now-traditional Gard Loop team, and found it sufficiently un-reliable that overall speed ended up low.

Then again I just tried your Sheggra team (in the updated OP) for a few fights and found it to be quite slow and un-fun to play, so clearly to each his own!

I’ll give Honor Gard another try, thanks.

3 Likes

This thread has turned out to be a pleasant surprise in terms of people having such different experiences with the same teams.

I just tried out @Shimrra’s Dragon team and lost big in the first match. :+1:

1 Like

It does take a couple of good matches against some of the scarier teams. Issue is that its not going to kill anything particularly quickly since its an AOE team - Entangle the first troop with Sylva before BD charges and murders everything, basically.

1 Like

That.
Except i use a variation similar to @A1m5hot
Celestia
Sylvanmora
Dragon soul
Mab

Just need some early 4-match luck.

1 Like

I did some experimenting on console with Courage. My fastest/most reliable setup:

Mercy
Courage
Hellcat
Courage

Dragon banner

Hellcat traits do not matter. Mercy and Courage must be fully traited. First turn kills are very possible when the board suits Mercy.

Mercy
Hellcat
Courage
Jarl

Dragon banner

Is also really, really good.