Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

Actually, I’d believe it.
Personally, I don’t bother going past the Green Chests in TH. So I’m not surprised.

There are definitely diminishing returns. I’m sure finishing a few relatively quick maps has better payouts than spending a ton of time trying to get 150+ moves.

So is it just me… or…
101 moves, 6 keys (nice!) no gems
103 moves, no keys, 4 gems
183 moves, no keys, 1 gem.
124 moves, no keys, 3 gems
191 moves, 2 keys, 1 gem
81 moves, 2 keys, 0 gems
162 moves, no keys, 1 gem
179 moves, 2 keys, 4 gems
11 moves, no keys, no gems (obviously)
117 moves, 2 gem keys (nice!), 3 gems
211 moves, 2 gem keys, 2 keys, 3 gems (4 vaults)
133 moves, 4 keys, 1 gem

So my observations are:

1. This is a very small statistical sample, and yes, obviously it skews results
  2. There are a couple results clearly better than others (which is fair enough, esp given sample size)
  3. but the results seem rather low, to me. Anyone else?
  4. Some low move games seem to net the same goodies -or better- as high result games - ignoring traitstones
2 Likes

From your listing, it seems to imply you assign minimal or no value to the gold and souls. Because the TH game is targeted for under level 100 players, gold and souls are highly valued by them.

To me, the game is all about the traitstones and the glory!

3 Likes

He also ignores glory as a reward, considering the 211 run gave 105 glory, worth over 30 pvp battle wins, you can’t just disregard this.

Obviously in the treasure hunt where rewards are one of several types per item (pouch, box, chest, vault) the statistic outcome will always seem weird if you completely disregard one or several of the possible reward types in the first place.

This is one of the main beefs though. Gold and souls even at lower levels are better obtained in other ways. Thus why quite a few of the requests for TH changes asked for those rewards to be removed from higher end turn ins. This is even more true now that pvp battles cost no gold to start and now that the arena is back to giving out decent soul rewards.

The dismissal of glory does seem wrong though. After someone made the point on another thread I have been watching my glory payout, and the amount of glory obtained from TH makes it possibly the best way to obtain that resource.

-Razlath

Dunno if I am lucky or not but usually can end up making around 500-600 moves. Not all the time though. Sometimes when I am unluky I can end up even with less than 100 moves. My rewards usually suck though. Gold and spirits whuch are kind of weak rewards.

Always try to match those that are at the bottom of the screen.

You know what is predictable about treasure hunt rewards? Every map: 0 experience, 0 trophies.

They are a nice change of pace, and less of a waste of time now thanks to the addition of traitstones, but I doubt I’ll be making a dent in my 900+ map stockpile anytime soon.

I think I need to see a screenshot of one in the 400+ move range.

5 Likes

Anyone care to share how the heck they do so well at maps for the rest of us that suck at it?

For all you know they were sat on the bog for hours :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m a fairly new player and treasure maps are the reason I was able to buy the glory reward packs (the one that costs 300-400 glory) in the shop the last couple of weeks. I’m actually currently trying to find an effective team with Tyri to farm maps since this seems like one of the better ways to get glory for a player at my level right now.

2 Likes

How about something like

Hero (Brown weapon to let all other colors through.)
Valkyrie (Power spider)
Tyri (Maps + Loop)
Giant Spider (Power Tyri)

I’d say only for challenges though, because it might not be great at winning, but it should be good at getting Tyri multiple casts, along with cascade potential from Valkyrie and Spider.

I’ve been trying Alchemist/Valkyrie/Tyri/Giant Spider. Alchemist feeds Valk, Valk feeds Spider, Spider feeds Tyri. It seems to work pretty good. Is there an advantage to using the Hero with a brown weapon over the Alchemist? I’ve been trying to use challenges to farm the maps but didn’t realize until earlier today that I don’t have to actually win the match to keep the maps that Tyri produces. So I’ll probably start trying to just use the challenge in Broken Spire with the Fortress Gate as the first troop so I have more time without worrying about enemy skull matches wiping my team.

The only real benefit to the hero is the improved health and stats. Because I always forget about the Fortress Gate!

I like the Mountain Crusher to shake up the board or the Farsight Orb for Blue generation, combined with the Valkyrie. I’m not sure how far the Orb got tuned with the new patch.

The record highest move-count documented thus far in this thread is 211. Please blow that away with a screenshot of yours!

You’re not alone there, I get maybe 40-45 moves tops.

It’s just practice and experience… I used to play a lot of Bejeweled 3 before finding this great game, it’s kinda similar in some aspects (gems forming into other gems). Also planning ahead for a move or two helps :slight_smile: but in this mode planning is hard because the board gets shuffled with many many cascades, especially when starting a game.

Anyway, hope that helped. There’s no one “correct” way to play; you have to be fluid in your strategy.

Granted it took me 13 tries to get this. And my second best score was 247 moves but still - this is possible. You need to be really lucky though, not gonna lie about this because no strategy in the world can get you lucky cascades when you suddenly get 5 matches out of nowhere.

But as I said - match the bottom gems. I always try to avoid matching green chests or higher ones unless there are 4 or better yet 5 matches.

20 Likes

That was one of my most lucky rewards BTW. I usually get tons of souls, gold or glory. I dont think I ever received 4 gem keys.