Treasure Hunt high scores 1.0.9 (screenshots)

That’s awesome, congrats, now I know there is a new bar to work for!

not as great as some, but still awesome for me!

6 Likes

@Darknemo2000, any clue how long it took you to get that epic score? I have to assume you put a lot of thought into all your moves?

I’m curious b/c I’ve been operating under the assumption that going for awesome scores isn’t very efficient and I’m better off trying for 40+ as quickly as possible, at least while I have 100+ maps.

Sees score

'Nuff said.

Head explodes

Awsome score! Respect for posting such unbeleavable score first and then proving the critics wrong ^^

Very impressive results! I usually end up with 50-70 moves or so.

But like @studs I’ve got loads of maps (my count is still over 600) so I’m thinking quick 45+ move treasure hunts will get me 3 traitstones in about the same time I can do 1 or 2 PVP matches, so treasure hunt should function quite well for traitstone farming…

Yes it took me over an hour. Probably around one hour and 30 minutes because as you said I am putting a lot of thoughts on moives. Short runs are more efficient really. But when you want to do a high score you have to put thought on moves. But as always lots of luck is still needed.

Its not mu highest score. My highest score was over 600 moves but didnt take a screen of that time. Got crap rewards though - lots of gold and souls which is not what you want from TH.

Like I alwauys aim for bottom gems and sometimes even skip 4 matches if they are on the top if I think that theres a high chance to get an 5 match next.

4 Likes

Also another point is how stressful it is. You took extra care in all moves create a few vaults (I hate them BTW as they are immovable so you have to make them at the bottom of the screen). and then see how your hard earnerned vault that you put so much time into gives you 1000 gold… Its so frustrating that you want to scream.

Yes, devs should really look into adding a rewards bracket for each type of item, which should net us better rewards and it won’t feel like a waste of time…

Did another long run, just to show that previous score wasn’t an accident. If I were luckier and haven’t stupidly triggered vault in the middle of the board I think I could have gotten over 500 moves.

This time I looked into the time so it took me 1 hour and 6 minutes. But have in mind that I am more or less experienced TH so some matches from bottom I notice quicker than I did when I just started.

Still all and all I do not recommend long runs. Takes a lot of time and rewards are barely worth it. Short, quick runs are more profitable really specially when we all (high level players) already have stacks of maps already. Do long run only to boast about your score.

So yeah, its nice top boast but I would never recommend doing such long runs as though rewards look cool (hello there 4 gem keys again!) its really not worth the time and effort put into this. Short runs are the way to go really.

14 Likes

True that. On the other hand you will do TH mostly for traitstones now. And for that it does not matter at all whether you do one long run or a couple of short ones.

Props on this! I have to admit I was one of the ones that thought you were just pulling our collective tails yesterday. Your screenshots are legendary! Thanks for being so straight forward with tips as well.

-Razlath

2 Likes

In the prior start-with-15-moves game, I would routinely go straight upwards in banked turns for a while, topping out and hovering in the high twenties, before I went net-negative.

Now I’m having a much harder time being net-positive in the early game. Did anything else change aside from the payouts and starting with 8 turns instead of 15??

At the very least they should buff Vault payouts since they’re harder to get now. Like only Gems or Gem Keys, and more of them. Doesn’t seem like that would damage the economy much but at least it would make it more worth it to tryhard.

1 Like

No need for the second screen. I confess i was a (silent) doubter first, but your first screenshot made me a believer. :wink:

@Darknemo2000 - when you get a title, it should definitely be God of Treasure Hunts!

Brilliant work.

2 Likes

i got this guys hold on.

1 Like

I am really bad at treasure maps, but I finally got lucky!

5 Likes

I wouldnt say thats a bad score at all. Good job. Didn’t get good rewards for that though. all went to souls and gold.

Still better than my maps.