Top 50 Guild League Table History

We’ve just broken into top 100 (91th League Rank with 101,108 trophies :stuck_out_tongue:) , so I think :soon::tm:

So you need another 50-60k or so to be in the top 50 at that point in time. So about 4-5 weeks?

Yeah, something about that I think :wink:

Hi Actreal,
Would it be possible to adjust the columns width please? I am taking screen shot from your table for our weekly guild summary and some names are trimed. I think that column with trophies and weekly changes can be narrower.
I know I can copy data to my own table and make a screen shot from there but … :slight_smile:
Thank you.
Good job

1 Like

Was this updated last sunday?

Yes, the update is here, like it is every Sunday, even if some forum goers appear to be incapable of scrolling up the thread to check for themselves.

Of interest this week, along with New Wider Columns To Fit Long Guild Names :tm::

• Many blocks of 2, 3 or 4 spots this week separated by only a few hundred trophies so there’s fierce competition at various points across the table.
  • This week marks the point where getting into the top 50 requires more than 150,000 trophies.
  • A few guilds on the slide appear to have re-energised themselves and begun climbing again.
  • The top 100 player board contained the fewest top 50 guild members since Intrim and Dragon’s Peak reached the top 50. In the past, this has been a sign of some new guilds putting in some serious climbing and reaching the top 50 soon :tm:.
16 Likes

You are thinking backwards here, it isn’t that more guilds are getting more competitive. It is that top guids are feeling less like playing. The guild update has killed what fun we used to have in game, myself included. I was in a current top 10 guild and have all but stopped playing lately and many others with me. More then 75% of the top 50 guilds are on a steady decline in activity and unless something is fixed the trend will continue.

1 Like

I heard some people claim that your number for Intrim are wrong. Care to verify?

Thanks for the heads-up. I am far from immune from error - especially at the end of a long weekend.

The number for Intrim should now make more sense.

3 Likes

If you quote statistics in a thread about statistics, I would recommend actually basing them on some observable data.

For example:

• The average trophies this week in the top 50 was consistent with the last 2 weeks of 2.1, and much higher (around 20%) than the 2.0 average trophy earnings.
  • 25 guilds earned fewer trophies this week than last week (out of 48 guilds that were in the table both weeks). This is much less than your hypothesis of 75%. The average reduction was around 2% less than last week.

I see no evidence of steady decline in activity from most of the top 50. Of those few guilds on the decline, most of them started to decline prior to 2.1.

So far, version 2.1 has resulted in an overall increase in activity in the top 50 guilds.

9 Likes

Truth dropped like Anova bomb!

ANOVA bomb eh? Brings back memories of uni, oh so long ago now.

Brilliant.:smile_cat: Thanks for dispelling this canard with some facts.

2 Likes

The main reason the trophy amounts of the top several guilds getting the highest amount of trophies is getting lower is because the value in trophies was decreased significantly when 2.1 launched. Trophy farming is essentially gold farming. The only thing late game players have to spend gold on now is gold keys, which are not that exciting of a drop given their small drop range. If the game ever adds an additional way for late game players to spend their excessive amount of extra gold, trophies in these top several trophy producing guilds will go up.

4 Likes

Logical reasoning @Tacet, but in fact the trophy amounts of the top several guilds getting the highest amount of trophies isn’t getting lower.

The number of trophies earned in aggregate by the top 20 earning guilds each week has gone from under 180k to over 200k (usually far over). The number earned in aggregate specifically by the current top 10 on the guild leaderboard has increased 15-25%, depending on how far back you chart it.

So while there are definitely a large number of late game players struggling to get motivated to earn trophies, statistically the high end guilds are driving harder than ever.

2 Likes

The real question is which group spends more, the 0.1% at the top or the 50% at the bottom trying to catch up?

I see no incentive to increase satisfaction among the top players, as we also scare off potential players or newbies before they buy the DeathKnight Armor.

Once the “die-hards” leave (or stop grouping up, which they tried to coerce with the Guild update), then the game will be a fully P2W, “balanced” game that we can all enjoy in our spare time with little-to-no top players to needlessly stress out the casuals.

The development team thinks they are being subtle, but they are applying consumer psychology and marketing principles straight out of textbooks. Like the textbooks I used when going to school for those exact subjects.

I was referring mainly to the top 3-4 trophy producing guilds. Yes, taking the data further will show an increase because most of the guilds around the top 20 trophy producing guilds, and in the top 50 in general, are filled with level 1,000+ that are utilizing the new level cap raise.

@TaliaParks As long as the devs keep guilds, PvP, and other locations sorted correctly, there shouldn’t be too big an issue with it. One thing they could do to help this more is to tweak the point system in PvP that team scores are based on to better represent the battle difficulty. There is always going to be a top 1% gap in any game. It is kind of too late for them to try to “fix” it completely since any reduction in resource gains hurt the newer player more than the top 1%. They already said they may be adding some form of additional task to guilds for people in late game that just breeze through the initial 16M worth of tasks. It is important in any game to make sure the late game players have something to do as many of these players promote the game, are active on the forums, create guides and other content for the game, etc. While what I mention is resource based, they don’t have to always do resource based tweaks. Just adding another minigame would be sufficient. :wink: 2-4 minigames being added per year would be amazing. I was a diehard Mario Party fan as a child. Huge fan of small challenging tasks. :slight_smile:

I keep saying this, and nobody seems to want to listen…

The people arguing about average playtime of the top 20 or the top 50 guilds are forgetting there is still a game going on at lower player levels, with literally thousands of active guilds on that leaderboard. My phone alt’s guild is at #355 and slowly climbing, there is only one open spot despite no recruitment, and everyone in her guild likes the new system. There is only one guildmember currently over level 200, but several others are close. It is also a no minimum guild, but with a recommended weekly contribution of 500 souls. There are at least 50 guilds of her type for every one guild being discussed in thee forums. Those players are the company’s primary target audience, not me and not you.

1 Like

As a top 600 guild myself, the guild update has been amazing as far as rewards, i can’t give accurate percentages of guild donation increases so what i can say is it might be 1000% or more, from being the only one donating to about 10 guild members contributing anywhere from 10k to 100k from just this week. We also broke our record and got 10k seals this week. I never tell the guild players that promotions are based on donations but i think they figured it out. Lower guilds might not be as active as higher guilds but that is not a way way street, this guild update is amazing for what it was meant to be. It was meant to slow the curve and close a gap and now it looks like that might happen. I wish guild level was based on something other than task completion but no system is perfect for everyone but as of now, i am happy about the guild system we have. Also @Tacet does not have all his troops at mythic woot.

1 Like