The 2nd GoW Forum Fantasy Series - 2nd Round: 4 vs 15

Guidelines:

• EVERYONE is welcome to vote, polls are located at the bottom of each matchup
  • Vote according to your own rules. Is it a best-of-whatever? Is it player vs. player or AI vs. AI? You choose, however always assume a fair fight
  • ALL Troops are fully-Traited, please keep this in mind
  • Each Troop is linked to @Lyya’s beautifully-created Troop List, which contains information like stats and traits
  • We are using base rarities and the maximum level of any Troop is of it’s base rarity (Legendary = 19, Epic = 18, Ultra Rare = 17, Rare = 16, Common = 15)

#SECOND ROUND: DonBoba vs. Shiratori

User: @DonBoba

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Celestasia
Runesmith
Paladin
Rowanne
TEAM SUMMARY

Team Bonus:

Lord of Devas: All Troops gain 2 Armor for having 2 unique Whitehelm Troops

VS.

User: @Shiratori

Banner:

Troops & Position:
Carnex
Faunessa
Webspinner
Soothsayer
TEAM SUMMARY

Team Bonus:

None

• DonBoba

• Shiratori

0 voters

POLL ENDS: Monday, May 16th at 12:00pm Central

LINKS
3 VS 16
5 VS 11
7 VS 8

1 Like

It starts once again. We can, we will do this!

Karasu no kokoro!

2 Likes

The summary thing really helps. We really needed that the 1st round. xD

7 Likes

Yeah agreed summaries really helped to paint the picture here.

1 Like

Do y’all think I should factor in the team bonuses into the displayed troop stats, or is it better to show the natural stats and let people do the math? I’m not sure which is more intuitive. (Right now the team bonuses are not factored in.)

4 Likes

I think it’s fine as is. Adjusting it and listing it may have people do the math twice.

2 Likes

On second thought, it can be confusing to some, best not to adjust after all.

1 Like

I agree it’s confusing. To mitigate, I could do what the game does and highlight buffed stats in green.

4 Likes

I think this might be a good idea. Gives a quick indication that the stats are buffed and it’s a format that everyone will recognise.

2 Likes

And it is a format people will recognize.

3 Likes

This is actually the obvious answer when you get everyone chiming in.

1 Like

@Lyya works miracles and thrives in awesomeness.

2 Likes

This poll is the closest of the 4, yet has no discussion for either side. Wish @DonBoba was this quiet in my match-up. :wink:

1 Like

I think he’s asleep right now and I’m on the phone and can’t really type a long debate.

So instead I’ve been watching people change their votes both ways and shaking my head.

Also wondering where my cheerleader is. I already sent the bushel of nuts…

It’s almost as if everyone’s waiting to be convinced! :grin:

If I could easily enough I’d copy most of @Tacet 's arguments. He’s still mana locked on Rowanne by his own team. Half mana locked on Paladin and Faunessa can blow away most of the armor for either of them on start. Further, using Runesmith just makes Faunessa do more damage.

That’s the short off the top of my head thing. He doesn’t have any good ways to deal out damage consistently esp. when I can snipe his damage dealers as needed.

Convinced yet?

Damn i was very late :confused:
Not sleeping, just a lot of work in personal life.
At least my team is stronger so they speek for themself :smiley:
So lets revise strenghts and weaknesses:
Strengts:

• Celestasia, her barrier and filling everyone

• Paladin: without any buffs from runesmith he kills any unit from my oponents team with 2 or 3 shots.

• Shiratoris team needs to use at least 4 cast to kill 1 of my troop, presuming they dont have barrier on.

• While webspinner looks nice, 2 damage aoe? Its ability could also say: “TIckle whole enemy team. Creat a few gems so they laugh some more”

• Rowanne kills his WHOLE team in just 4 casts wihtout any boosts from runesmith.

• Runesmith is just to masivly increase damage from my last 2 assasins (that are also a paladin and a tree, who would guess that tree could be an assasin :open_mouth: )

• Carnex? His team has almost no damage spells, removing skulls with exploding as the only source of damage he can use, doesnt leave my opponent in a favoured postion.

• Faunesa? Great pick on level 20. On original level does nothing really. .

1 Like

Ah, the fountain of misinformation has finally arrived. Now I just need to get to the computer to type up the response.

How will things go?

First round shiratori uses faunes in a desperate atempt to lower damage from my last 2 troops. But their attack is low, and they regain armor every turn. They health wont be touched, and their armor and damage will regain faster then he can reduce it. So faunesa is useless.
Meanwhile im charging up everyone, casting celestasia on herself to tank up. I will ignore skulls and just collect mana. He can either hit celestasia with barrier, or gain mana (gaining mana for what, he has no spell damage? o.O )
Battle continues, my last 2 troops get filled with mana, i pick his team 1 by 1, and its really nothing of a problem.
Which troop i will focus to kill first? I dont care, its the same really, none of them will bring him a win. Even with getting lucky gem drops, he still wont win.

2 Likes

I’m having trouble believing it’s such an uneven split so far. Come on @Shiratori, where’s your defence?

In a nutshell, Faunessa can hit Celestasia for 15 on turn 1. A single early skull match from Carnex does another 19. Faunessa charges up in 1 turn with a surge, 2 without. Then it’s lights out for Celestasia, who’s never had a chance to do anything - unless she was lucky and got a set of 4/5, far from guaranteed.

If Webspinner fills up (helped by the empowered Soothsayer), it does 3 damage to all (more if the Soothsayer has been used more than once), and the poison on everything cancels out any Barrier from Celestasia.

With 2 empowered troops, high attack on Carnex and very low charge times on Faunessa, this team can run circles around the opposition, and snipe the armour down on anything that’s just about charged up. Gaining one measly armour back per turn isn’t going to save their damage.