The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Tournament - Second Round (5v6)

Templar feeds goblin king and spawns a goblin. the armour is a nice bonus too. If he had green seer it would have perfect but it is a draft after all. Yes gorgotha is a good mana generator and possible terraxis too but if he can get a 4-5 match. watcher is great at doing true damage but mainly it looked like power play was against a mana hungry team that was focused on poorly generating mana. I analyzed based on mana hunger vs mana creation. Who has the best synergy and who had the best synergy. i thought power play could out mana the opponent and lets not forget he does have the ability to target the opponentā€™s creatures with the summoned goblin. I did not account for anything above level 1 and i did not account for traits. I also did not account for kingdom bonuses either.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to give a short response because most of what Iā€™d say applies to my next opponent too.

1. itā€™s hard to call a team mana starved when Gorgotha is there since he is arguably the best all purpose mana generator in the game. Even better is that Terraxis can feed him while damaging everyone. But more so Soothsayer is yet another mana generator and he starts off full at the beginning of the match. So turn one at worse I have already buffed everyone and scored 15 mana for everyone.

2. for this specific matchup, his offense is skulls and an occasionally summoned weak goblin. Herdmaster will keep him fueled for a bit but once he goes then what? Heā€™ll be fighting hard to fill his troops. Terraxis also would be able to damage more than any armor gained while the Watcher can 1-2 shot anyone except Goblin King. So his team isnā€™t going to be staying for long and even with his summoning ability, Goblin King would not be able to provide any serious comeback.

Also with my team, the traits is what makes them so much better than first glance, especially Soothsayer (and his ability) when partnered With everyone else, especially Watcher (and his 3rd trait)

Poll is closed, @actreal and Actreality are victorious!

Wonder Pets, you are still able to claim 3rd, good luck versus Endurance Test!

2 Likes

#Final Round begins tonight at 8pm Central, stay tuned!

1 Like

ā€œThis means war, @yonizafā€

Sure, whatever. I donā€™t plan to lose though.

@PowerPlay, @yonizaf

I think you 2 have a very even matchup here. The Pets have very solid lines of attack and the Pony has a great defense set up against this team with a fast mana generator.

Looking forward to the write up from you 2.

ā€œAssuming a level 20 Herdmaster with Leader, he would have no problem exploding 10 yellow gems and giving mana for all caught in the blasts. That mana is used for massive armor boosts.ā€