The 1st GoW Forum Fantasy Series: The Draft (and apparently Discussion as well)

I’m digging all the rping going on here hehe…

2 Likes

Could we resolve the US election using this format instead please?

3 Likes

That is not a very good idea. We might get someone very crazy.

1 Like

And that’s any different from now… how?

6 Likes

I think bernie is not crazy vs trump.

As much as I would love to continue this debate on politics, please keep it out of this thread everyone.

To put this thread back on track, here is the updated Draft so far;

1 Like

so @Shiratori is up next?

Correct @Jainus. And I hope he sticks around a little bit because @yonizaf has a double pick then it’s his turn again.

I love that @Jainus is keeping Shira honest and yet isn’t part of the draft. Perhaps you’ll join the next one?

I hope so to be honest. @Jainus would field a good Team.

I have 6 spots open for a 16-player Series.

It’s really shaping up to be a whole lot better. This is really become a team effort project.

• The Commish
1 Like

I think the goal should be a tournament of champions with 8 winners of past drafts :grin:

1 Like

You know that will take 11 or more Series to accomplish. Most players will be long-term, and some will be at a level above the rest. There will be players who win 2+, and I bet there will be a repeat winner at one point.

It had been a long time since I had been to Broken Spire. My journey had begun here and after what feels like a lifetime, I once again traverse the hazardous wasteland. It isn’t long before I come across my old traveling partner, Luther.

“Well met!” he bades me as he wonders what has brought me back. I explain the competition to him and how I am gathering a strong team together for the trials ahead.

“So you wish my for my leadership qualities to aid you? I’m sure I can manage this challenge. I am honored that you would come to me first.”

“Well not quite first as there were some guidelines and you didn’t quite fit in the initial offerings.”

“Second then. Someone you wish to compliment and enhance your choices.”

“Almost. Sunweaver had already committed to another.”

“Third is still respectable.”

“Mercy stayed in Whitehelm to help Celestasia.”

“Fourth?”

“Alastair was taken away by the Goblin King.”

“Fifth choice? Really?”

“I thought maybe the Green Slime would catch the others unprepared.”

“…”

“But hey, I’m here now determined not to let someone I have deep respect for get away to anyone else.”

Luther let out a long sigh. “Well I guess all I can say is, ‘Lead on!’”

“Um, I appreciate it. I really do, but I’m here for him… He has a great eye for battle after all…”

Terraxis

(And really, nothing to keep honest, just all my plans and most of the backups all went up in smoke so it took me that long to try to come up with an alternative. Also, I was considering Luther for a mighty long time since he really is a beast in the first spot and pretty much helps me wreck any time in game since he can increase everyone’s attack by 10 at a minimum so a few uses and look, everyone has an attack in the 40s-50s. Plus he also has Skull resistance so durable too. Just couldn’t quite pull the trigger though given who else I use with him and a guarantee they won’t be available by the time I could pick for them.)

@yonizaf - it’s 2 picks to you now.

4 Likes

Calling @yonizaf !

These delays will happen with users being from all over the world, plus having other real life commitments.

That’s why this is planned to be in a monthly cycle.

I disagree. If you don’t have time to participate in the draft than just don’t participate :angry:

1 Like

Maybe we need a 24hr timer? Then you get a troop at random?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay. I’m usually always-on, but sometimes things happen what we didn’t plan on.

Anyway, Terraxis was what I was planning to pick (and was confident no one else will), so I’m going to need a little more time to think another strategy. Hopefully no longer than an hour.

2 Likes

Made my pick. Anointed One and Knight Coronet.

Not very sure about this one, but I made everyone wait long enough, so let that be it.

@Shiratori your turn

The next Series will have a set of rules for pick timing;

• First off, there will be a 2 hour limit, with the leftover carrying over. This will ensure a week for the draft maximum. If picks are being made and the timer grows over 10 hours, it will be scaled back, further speeding up the process.
  • What if the timer hits and a pick has not been made? Two options;
  • Players can submit “Draft Lists” to the Commissioner, where they list Troops in priority and your pick will automatically be the highest on the list available
  • If no Draft List has been submitted, you will be skipped and can make your missing pick when you return out of draft order. IF you miss two picks in the same draft, you will be forced to wait until the end of the round of your missed pick(s) to make them.
2 Likes

I agree. In this day and age where everyone is constantly on their phones…I mean seriously lol.