Single Troop Defenses

There is no “instead”.

5 Likes

Where are you getting that from? no one is losing anything

You are obviously not a level 1000 using the 1 troop defense then. Last week I didn’t use a 1 troop defense and I didn’t see any less revenge battles than usual.

Did you not see my screen shots above Psion or death knight/Famine/Death/Famine are everywhere and fighting the same team over and over and over again is boring. Single troops defenses are boring as well that’s why I took the full team 3 trophies.

1 Like

People claiming they were doing it to avoid the meta are full of baloney. They were doing it to cheat the system and get easy wins so they could accumulate gold and trophies more easily and thus complete more tasks.

People trying to tie it to the state of the meta are just trying to be inflammatory.

This was clearly an exploit that needed to be addressed. The problem with the meta is entirely separate.

11 Likes

A fully understandable, temporary fix. I used it, and you could speed up the trophy/gold/glory grinding a lot with this. It’s amazing how long they actually let this go on.

3 Likes

Running Elspeth by herself (which is yet another exploit) on defense is not intentionally losing? Is this a joke?

3 Likes

ROFL

It was an honest question. Way to cop out instead of trying to defend your ridiculous position.

1 Like

Well I haven’t used it since Bone Dragon was nerfed.

Are you talking about losing a defense battle?

So everybody that said otherwise is liar?

The level of meathead machismo around here has reached a laughable level.

You guys do realize that this is a match 3 gem game right? It’s not DOTA and the PVP leaderboard is a farce, with or without this “exploit”.

2 Likes

Another blatant accusation of lying. You a psychic?

1 Like

I must admit I am enjoying this thread. :smiley: :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It should not be possible to blame the Devs for this. This game was never about having 1 troop in defense in first place.

2 Likes

If the devs did something to encourage more variety in defense teams then a lot of people wouldn’t use the 1 troop defense.

9 Likes

A might come before B, as Sirrian said clearly.

Was it ever about Devour or Death Mark, neither of which existed in the first year of the game? Was it ever about coercing people to play at least every day like GW?

How can you not blame the Devs for this? It’s their code that made it possible in the first place and it’s their code that also made it desirable to do so, whether it’s for “meta variety” or to exploit for resource gain.

1 Like

This wasn’t “B”. It wasnt even on the freaking radar.

2 Likes

I had fun with the 1 troop defense and was up against 1 troop defense teams for a long time. But it just felt terrible W-R-O.N-G, like the game was broken. Mother of time how long time they used to do something with it. But all credits to the Devs for this. :relieved:

1 Like

Generally in a game forum discussion, when someone starts questioning the validity of your opinion in the way you did, this is a smart moment to tap out.
Luckily for you i am not as smart as Zach and am still here to satisfy your curiosity, his Level is 1068 last i checked.

1 Like

HTIS or MAQE…

That’s straight up ridiculous. This has been going on since before GW and PvP battles aren’t nearly as monotonous as GW battles. Even when the meta wasn’t as bad, people were using this exploit. It’s been going on for months. The easy resources is clearly the motivation.

If you want to complain about the state of the meta then take it to another thread. You’ve got about a dozen of them going right now. This thread is about people abusing an exploit to get resources more easily.

2 Likes