Single Troop Defenses

I wasn’t questioning the validity of his statement. I was attempting to understand his perspective. Of course when everybody approaches everything in such a condescending and defensive manner, real inquisition is always interpreted as an attack.

2 Likes

It’s been going on since Bone Dragon. Are you honestly trying to suggest Bone Dragon wasn’t an issue?

2 Likes

Wow… I’m a cop out that is ridiculous, now?

Let’s not try and pretend that you weren’t eluding to the fact that I was a low level that you could poke fun at and reply with, “Pfff… you should keep your thoughts to yourself noob”.

Honest question… ha

2 Likes

Accusing people of lying is trying to be inflammatory. A more accurate statement would be that some were trying to game the system, and others were trying to avoid the boring meta. And I agree that this is an exploit that needed to be addressed, but the way it was done was poor and premature. They should have done it in a way that prevented the insta-wins against single Elspeth, while still allowing players to be able to control the level of their opponents (and rewards). Further, it should have been done in a way that doesn’t penalize paying players.

After a quick review of the leaderboard teams again, there are still about 15 players fielding weak teams, however none of them are above VIP level 5. A change was needed, but what was done wasn’t enough to be fair to all players. And it took away the only way to avoid fighting the same teams most of the time without providing either an improvement or fix to the meta, or an alternative (non exploit) method.

1 Like

Yeah your calm analytic reaction to him not telling you his level clearly showed you are all about the real inquisition, not about attacking the validity of his “ridiculous opinion” :wink:

1 Like

There’s always been a FotM troop. There always will be. The existence of a meta is not why this is happening. It’s clearly about trying to game the system. This exploit has been going on since people realized it worked. That’s the timing.

Not everything is an appropriate place to whine about the meta or GW.

1 Like

Look at his initial post. His very first post was to call everyone who ever used 1-troop on defense a cheater and anyone who claimed otherwise, a liar. He even used the word “pathetic”.

Turn it around on me if you wish, he set the tone from the outset.

4 Likes

I agree that 1 was getting just as boring but fun (Can you kill Elspeth before she got her spell off) - But I also agree having the same OOP teams (even though Dev said we would get more variety because of GW) we haven’t. If anything we’ve gotten more of the worse variety and more of those than we were getting the 1 troop teams.

But I request the @Sirrian @Nimhain to reconsider the forced 4 troop defense team requirement.

2 Likes

Except that people explicitly said they weren’t using it for that reason. To insist that they are, when they say they aren’t, is pretty silly don’t you think? Are you suggesting you know everyone’s motivation and personal character simply by reading some typewritten words on an Internet forum?

Did you not see my screen shots PvP is the same Famine teams over and over again and before this Famine/Death craze it was Bone Dragon teams everywhere.

For some maybe but for me it was about variety last week I was seeing a bit of variety in the divine teams and I used High Paladin/High Paladin/Gard’s Avatar/Mercy all week.

1 Like

I didn’t say anyone was lying. I said they were full of it. Those are very different accusations. You might have convinced yourself that you were doing it to “freshen things up” but that’s bogus. It’s done to get gold and trophies more easily. Period. If you’ve deluded yourself into believing it was for any other reason then fine. Good for you. But it holds no water.

If you’re truly about the game being more fun, and not about min/maxing rewards, then engineering 1-troop matches, always, is not fun. You’re seriously going to argue that endless battles where Elspeth kills herself is fun?! Give me a break! That’s preposterous. It’s an easy, thoughtless win. The only thing fun about it is the quick and easy resources.

Again, if you want to complain about GW then do so. But don’t conflate the issues to try to make your agenda more prevalent or pressing or topical.

ROFL. “I didn’t call you a liar, I called you a crazy liar.”

You obviously don’t even understand the mechanic. Several of the people posting here that they’ve used a 1-troop defense lately aren’t FACING Elspeth at all. So you’re entire assertion has no basis in fact.

1 Like

Let me fix this for you. “…some were trying to game the system (for faster/more rewards), and others were trying to game the system to avoid the ‘boring’ meta. (thus getting more/faster resources)”

Either way, they were trying to game the system for the same motivation, more/faster resources.

Somebody failed Logic 101. And Psych 101 too it appears.

1 Like

Having today replaced my 1 troop team with a helpful 9686 point ‘event’ defence team including a mythic Sekhma I now find myself at 51 in the pvp chart after 83 games and have been pleasantly surprised to have seen very few of the trollmetagriefcrap teams.

4 Likes

You are the one being the a**hole here. People have explained to you why they use a 1 troop defense but you are just ignoring it and calling them liars.

1 Like

You argue like you have no grounds to stand on. Using ROFL and arguing I have no understanding of the mechanics is a childish argument. You aren’t even addressing the actual argument. Just trying to attack the person and their credibility.

The bottom line is that you have no argument to stand on. It was clearly an exploit for min/maxing. It clearly needed to be addressed. End of story.

3 Likes

You keep basing your min/max argument on people FIGHTING Elspeth. By and large, they aren’t fighting Elspeth, they’re just not fighting Famine / Death / Famine over and over. Your basic assumption is FALSE. There’s nothing more to say at that point - you’re unwilling to accept reality and you obviously know what people are thinking better than they do.

3 Likes

[quote=“Delinquent, post:232, topic:24808, full:true”] You might have convinced yourself that you were doing it to “freshen things up” but that’s bogus. It’s done to get gold and trophies more easily. Period. If you’ve deluded yourself into believing it was for any other reason then fine. Good for you. But it holds no water.

If you’re truly about the game being more fun, and not about min/maxing rewards, then engineering 1-troop matches, always, is not fun. You’re seriously going to argue that endless battles where Elspeth kills herself is fun?! Give me a break! That’s preposterous. It’s an easy, thoughtless win. The only thing fun about it is the quick and easy resources.
[/quote]
Fighting a weaker opponent leads to a quicker battle but for less resources, so they net out pretty closely. That isn’t delusion, it’s math.

As for Elspeth being a fun battle, I don’t think it is. In my case it was being used as my defense, not as my opponent, and the teams I face are primarily event troops. I don’t normally fight single troop teams, strong or weak. I find it boring, and since I use AoE dragons less opponents doesn’t really help much.

2 Likes

Fighting Elspeth is the reductio ad absurdum. We all know it’s not just Elspeth. Jesus man, you really are grasping at straws.