Single Troop Defenses

It wasn’t to fight the same ONE troop that kills itself after on turn. It was to get a variety of match ups across all three trophy options. A lot of people using one troop defense still took the three trophy battle… it was very rare that a single elspeth would show up there…

9 Likes

How many breaks do we give them?

And you’re assuming that people using 1-troop defenses see other 1-troop defenses the majority of the time. That assumption would be wrong.

7 Likes

Well if it was for facing a variety of midgame teams, that is still entirely possible as people mentioned before.

Seeing I have never used a single troop defence, of course I have to assume as such. I read here that if you have a puny defence, you will face others with the same pathetically low PVP powered team. So how could I be thinking otherwise?

Even if I wrong, and all single troop defence players all have NO other teams to face with the exact same defence as their own, (which I find so hard to believe), why should they get that choice when everyone else only sees T1 - Elspeth, T2 - Elspeth etc?

i dont even know why it was removed, is it a glitch? no. is it an exploit that only certain people can do? no. can anyone do this if they wanted to? yes. so therefor it is not a glitch, cheat, or exploit so why bother fixing something that doesnt need fixed.

oh and btw i the Devs say i cant put certain people on my fighting team (i.e astral spirit x4) i will quit and i know many others will as well.

you gave us those troops to play with but that does not mean you can tell us how to use them

3 Likes

That is wrong I use to see 8000 - 9500 for a lot of my 3 trophies. 5 in every 100 battles at the most had 1 troop as a 3 trophy. During the beast week when I had a 1 troop defense and I still saw a lot of buffed beasts but I rarely saw the Kerb/GS/FG/Kerb.

1 Like

Well after a bit of thinking I’m really not as hot about this change as I was. Frankly farming in excess of 1k glory an hour was so monotonous. But I maybe employed the tactic for a week or so and didn’t focus solely on the princess. and I know there is many that did this for months. But the solution offered isn’t a fair shake either and feels more punitive than I think is intended. My average 1 trophy match takes a quarter of the time as a 3 trophy match for a miniscule variation in rewards. Same arcane rarity ratio, slightly more gold. However when factoring in time, the benefit of easier matches by employing a cruddy defense still far exceeds the challenging metas. So what did this change effect other than piss a bunch of people off that already feel, in most cases cited above, forced to play a certain way i.e. waining popularity in guild wars. The PvP system in general needs a massive overhaul, rampant automated players, casuals badly coded exploitable algorithms. Challenge isn’t rewarding its avoided because the big three are so damn exhaustive and annoying. My final point I’ll make is after doing the quest line in silver glade…watching that narcissistic (any expletive or colorful metaphor is applicable) kill herself brought me unparalleled elation and joy…daily.

How about the Devs focus on fixing the real, numerous issues instead?

I find it interesting you’re so passionate about something you’ve admittedly never tried and thus truly know nothing about.

9 Likes

that could be asking too much but you have my vote lol

So which way is it Max?

1 Like

100% correct, I ‘truly know nothing about’ seeing the same team… over and over

1 Like

I said it was to get away from the event teams like Kerb/GS/FG/Kerb, Scale Guard/Scale Guard/Scale Guard/Naga Queen I never said event troops. Every week there is an op team that is everywhere and a lot of the event troops aren’t seen at all.

For me its rather; it does not matter much who I am up against because the Al is rarly getting a chance to win against me anyway. When I see something new and fresh, I rather think, damn I wish I could see how that team worked - before I finished it off. It must be many of us, I cant be the only one. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Soooo… my assumption wasn’t wrong then? I’m confused now

2 Likes

What level are you?

One of the worst things about this “fix” is that you actually broke the game a lot of my 5800 power score 1 trophy teams are actually 4 level 20 mythic fully traited teams.

3 Likes

Obviously too low to have any knowledge of the PVP state of play.

If you wish to now try and have a dig at me that I’m now just a ‘newbie-player’ go right ahead, mate.

Oh, and I’ll try not to have so many posts in a topic as that might show I’m ‘too passionate’ about an issue.

I’m out

2 Likes

no, that assumption is correct. I fully admit to exploiting the 1 troop thing last week (i wanted the glory for the stones for the upcoming mythic). I can tell you from experience that getting 3 elspeth’s as my options was a fairly common occurrence. Only a handful of times did I not find at least a single 1 troop defense to fight. There was a ‘critical mass’ of players using this exploit in the recent weeks that allowed us to do this.

Regardless of why you used the 1 troop defense, the fact remains that it was an exploit that had the potential to crash the game’s economy and thus needed to be fixed.

3 Likes

This thread. Wow.

It’s unfortunate that this game rewards intentional losses (in more ways than one); however, the backlash is ridiculous. Surely that was unintended from a design perspective, and hence an exploit. If you have to intentionally lose to enjoy the game, why are you even playing in the first place?

I’m also not buying the ‘variety’ excuse. People do this to maximize revenge battles.

Also, “meta teams are boring” is another laughable excuse. Single troop defenses are soooooo exciting.

10 Likes

Like I said every week there are certain troops that get buffed and a few of them get put into a team that makes them op like Kerb/GS/FG/Kerb, Scale Guard/Scale Guard/Scale Guard/Naga Queen and with a proper defense team I see them everywhere when I am not seeing Famine teams but I don’t really see any of the other buffed event troops but with a 1 troop defense I was seeing teams with Queen Mab, Borealis, Jackalope, Winter Wolf, Snow Guardian and other Glacial Peaks troops and beasts.