Single Troop Defenses

well said aerocloud, next they should put a limit on how many people can start a whole team with half mana. but like thats gonna EVER happen.

here is a quick fix we do need, when the AI gets a skull match and has a 10% chance to assassinate i have seen that activate more than my 50% chance devour or even more than my 60% mana surge chance

4 Likes

Or maybe give people at a certain VIP level the ability to refresh their PvP options up to 3-5 times at no cost.

1 Like

If you attack a 1 troop defense you should get -75% gold and no more then 1 trophy. The easiest defenses should not be the most rewarding.

It needs to be that people want to put in the toughest defenses, and somehow make it more rewarding to not use the same defense as everyone else.

I rarely have problems with Famine in normal PvP. I find Freeze and entangle harder to deal with.

2 Likes

I wonder why Deathmark still gets on that grief-hate list, i see Deadknights maybe every 15th+ games or so now, haven’t lost a single match to Deathmark in ages(troops yes, but talking regular pvp here so noone cares about that) and i play my regular pvp completely mindless with AoE or skullspam teams completely disregarding the enemy team.

On a sidenote, while i lose the occasional match against Forest Guardian Entourage, again playing mindlessly and without switching my team to adapt to the enemy team, i still win the vast majority of my games against that with ease. So people are really overstating how terrible DM and Devour is in regular pvp.

3 Likes

@Sirrian While I believe this was the intent…I think it failed to account for the fact that it did not recalculate the team to show the new total. It replaced it with a different team but kept the same ‘original team points total’ presenting it as a lower cost team, when in fact it wasn’t.

The Elisabeths now stayed 5k but contained her + fully traited 20th level mythic. That do not add up to a 5kish total.

1 Like

I rarely have “problems” with anything in normal PVP. The AI is too stupid to actually pose a challenge, unless it gets an absolutely lucky streak of mana or devours or something.

The actual problem I have is that every battle is exactly the same. Same troops, same teams, same mechanics. It’s boring.

1 Like

It’s not about them being terrible, it’s about them being the only thing the AI can use. The AI can’t actually, you know, match gems in any cohesive, intelligent way so instead the cure is to spam Devour and DM troops and hope for a hail mary defense win.

2 Likes

or more than likely they will make a 4 team of week troops or guess what, most of the people doing the single defense fights have the ability to put looper devour/freeze teams. which mean we will see more kerb/spider/forest guardian/kerb or any(khorvash usually)/valk/justice/mab

i just dont see why they would try to fix something that wasnt broken, they setup the matching to be based off of defense teams strength, therefor you put the strength of the team you want to fight in defense.

2 Likes

Yes i get that for Devour(though i have defense options that proved better winrates than GFE without using any of these mechanics), but Deathmark specifically Death Knight has been rare in the 200+ games i played last week, hence i was wondering why it still makes it on the hate list.

Because Deathmark, not Deathknight, is the issue, as it has been all along. Death is just as bad as Deathknight at providing slot machine results.

The #1 team I see now is Psion / Famine / Death / Famine. Over and over and over. Sometimes Psion becomes DK, but Death is ALWAYS there, sandwiched between 2 Famines.

1 Like

A team in which Death is mostly to complement Famines trait with its own, not to spam DMs.
Generally speaking at the point where that team gets to cast Death the first time with two of its colours being blocked, your team has already been crippled to the point of uselessness by manadrain greatness and lost at least one troop to a Famine cast.

It doesn’t really matter. It’s about repetition leading to boredom. I don’t want to see the same 3 or 4 troops over and over and over again.

1 Like

It may not matter to you, it does to me. Death is a pretty meh troop on its own, without the Famine meta he would not be present in a remotely significant way. There are no teams that are rampant in the meta that include Death but not Famine for a good reason because if there were you would not lose to it. I’d argue there is even better candidates to fill that one remaining slot in a Psion/2xFamine team than Death to begin with but people like their mythics.

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion.

This is the greatest bullshit since GW. Not only that GW takes too much time and is unbalancend. No, now PVP takes too much time and the opponents and boards are inacceptable and seem to be manipulated. I have the perception, that the Intention is “maximize in-app-purchases” …

4 Likes

strong text

15 Likes

So I finally got over it enough to log in and open PVP. my choices were Famine, Famine, or Kerberos. Time to step away for a while

11 Likes

That’s what I have done myself. This game was once one of my all-time favorites, but with this most recent change I think that it might be time to start looking for something else.

12 Likes

With the bugs, getting demoted in GW when we were 5th and now this I’m probably quitting soon as well.

2 Likes

I really cannot believe the hate that is being poured through here due to this, give the developers a break yeah?

Another thing, hearing multiple times that the reason people were using a ‘one-troop defence’ was so THEY could avoid monotonous common defence teams… are you FOR REAL?? What’s more monotonous than seeing a team with only the same ONE troop that kills itself after one turn?

Honestly, what a pathetic excuse.,

7 Likes